The coronavirus and the sfa

MacBoyd

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

It is currently. There are fewer than 100 confirmed cases in Scotland so far. 

100 confirmed with the actual figure likely to be in the thousands.

Your praise for Singapore's response seems to massively contradict your opinions on what we should be doing.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
48 minutes ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

The league was abandoned in 1939 after 5 games, Rangers were top, no title.

The scum are on course for the title but it is still possible they could fold, (although highly unlikely) fact is they still haven’t won it

Precedent Set. No official title gifted :tu:

56 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Exactly.

5 is a no but 30 is ok. What is the tipping point from voided to awarding on current league positions- 10, 15 20, 25 games in?

Or just accept its who is top of the pile that matters most in this whole shambolic  situation.

Agreed.

It's not about the number of games played. It's about a competition that was started and had to be stopped because of a national crisis, and how sporting integrity and fairness for all clubs was decided.

Precedent has been set. No official title should be given/gifted 

3 hours ago, Inigo said:

Pretty unfortunate, and if I were in Timmy's position I'm sure I'd be incandescent, but I don't see how the season can't be regarded as void. 

None of the rules quoted so far are definite in any way, but logically there's no other way but for it to be declared void.

Not read this whole thread  yet but pretty much this. If we were in their position we would be raging and rightly so. However, life isn't fair. Sometimes you just need to take it on the chin.

There is no way everyone can be satisfied with any outcome. Even if we won last night handsomely and had one foot in the quarter finals, it wouldn't have mattered. It would have been unfair us. It's unfair on Man U, Basle. EL is fucked. All leagues are fucked. Everything is fucked.

People can and will be angry at any outcome but the only sensible solution is to void everything.

2 hours ago, Smile said:

Look at Klopps message compared to the filthy scums message.

Jürgen Klopp has today issued the following message to supporters following the Premier League's decision to postpone all football activity until April 3 at the earliest.

Liverpool Football Club statement

I don’t think this is a moment where the thoughts of a football manager should be important, but I understand for our supporters they will want to hear from the team and I will front that.

First and foremost, all of us have to do whatever we can to protect one another. In society I mean. This should be the case all the time in life, but in this moment I think it matters more than ever.

I’ve said before that football always seems the most important of the least important things. Today, football and football matches really aren’t important at all.

Of course, we don’t want to play in front of an empty stadium and we don’t want games or competitions suspended, but if doing so helps one individual stay healthy - just one - we do it no questions asked.

If it’s a choice between football and the good of the wider society, it’s no contest. Really, it isn’t.

Today’s decision and announcement is being implemented with the motive of keeping people safe. Because of that we support it completely. We have seen members of teams we compete against become ill. This virus has shown that being involved in football offers no immunity. To our rival clubs and individuals who are affected and to those who later will become so, you are in our thoughts and prayers.

None of us know in this moment what the final outcome will be, but as a team we have to have belief that the authorities make decisions based on sound judgement and morality.

Yes, I am the manager of this team and club and therefore carry a leadership responsibility with regards to our future on the pitch. But I think in the present moment, with so many people around our city, the region, the country and the world facing anxiety and uncertainty, it would be entirely wrong to speak about anything other than advising people to follow expert advice and look after themselves and each other.

The message from the team to our supporters is only about your well-being. Put your health first. Don’t take any risk. Think about the vulnerable in our society and act where possible with compassion for them.

Please look after yourselves and look out for each other.

You’ll Never Walk Alone,
Jürgen

That's superb to be honest. That should be the immediate view of any decent human being. The fact they are on the verge of winning the league after about 30 years makes it even more impressive. It just shows a lot of decency. Got to respect that. Shouldn't even need to praise it to be honest however when you see that mob pipe up the way they are,  during a global crisis you realise the world is full of absolute wankers.

Just now, Laudrup1984 said:

That's superb to be honest. That should be the immediate view of any decent human being. The fact they are on the verge of winning the league after about 30 years makes it even more impressive. It just shows a lot of decency. Got to respect that. Shouldn't even need to praise it to be honest however when you see that mob pipe up the way they are,  during a global crisis you realise the world is full of absolute wankers.

Lennon has embarrassed himself by even going where he did so quickly.

3 minutes ago, MacBoyd said:

Lennon has embarrassed himself by even going where he did so quickly.

Yup. Car crash. Still don't know why he done a press conference for a game not going ahead.

Everyone in the world is showing concern and empathy. They're greeting about a title that's not theirs.

3 hours ago, The Dude said:

No, I just dont particularly care that much now if they do. They were probably going to win it anyway

Most probably, but as advocates of ‘sporting integrity’ there is no sporting integrity in awarding a title to a team who mathematically can be overtaken in the course of a season fixture list laid out at the start of the season.
I see you very often play devils advocate and as per any media contributor/ journalist, are again often subjective in your posts, which I like tbh, but in this case if the roles were reversed I have no doubt there would be a concerted campaign for us not to be awarded the title. This would be fair enough and we would be unhappy but I think most would face and accept this decision in the circumstances, as they should...

25 minutes ago, Laudrup1984 said:

Hes a class above. Or 6 classes above old yellow teeth. 

27 minutes ago, Laudrup1984 said:

Yes, shows the quality of the man.

19 minutes ago, Laudrup1984 said:

Yup. Car crash. Still don't know why he done a press conference for a game not going ahead.

Everyone in the world is showing concern and empathy. They're greeting about a title that's not theirs.

Because they ain't paying Hollicom for nothing. Gotta get that word out they want that title awarded regardless. Different breed to humanity.

Just now, esquire8 said:

Because they ain't paying Hollicom for nothing. Gotta get that word out they want that title awarded regardless. Different breed to humanity.

I know what they're trying to do but surely they are the ONLY team doing this. And surely everyone can see them for what they are.

I've seen/heard and read from owners and chairmen of lower leagues teams who could go out of business because of this however they are speaking with real compassion about the welfare of people, first and foremost. Obviously they don't want to go out of business, they don't want people to lose jobs but in potential catastrophic adversity they are showing common decency above anything else.

4 minutes ago, Laudrup1984 said:

I know what they're trying to do but surely they are the ONLY team doing this. And surely everyone can see them for what they are.

I've seen/heard and read from owners and chairmen of lower leagues teams who could go out of business because of this however they are speaking with real compassion about the welfare of people, first and foremost. Obviously they don't want to go out of business, they don't want people to lose jobs but in potential catastrophic adversity they are showing common decency above anything else.

Exactly mate. You're talking about a club which has a shitload swept under that carpet of theirs. Zero morals and no responsibility outside their own little world.

Archived