The coronavirus and the sfa

MacBoyd

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Bad Robot said:

I’m sure I’ve read somewhere that’s this is already being spoke about 

Only last week UEFA were saying it's still going ahead, but anything is possible now. Perhaps they will shelve the nation's league and play it in September/October/November during the international breaks. That said, the virus might peak again in Autumn.

2 hours ago, The Dude said:

Nobody knows and will likely depend on each club's policies.

Cancelling/closed-doors could see a lot of clubs in serious, serious trouble

Mate they've got all the cash from sell out Saturday's remember when we where down the league's.

3 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

SPFL saying they have no money to help struggling clubs. Looks like it's being voided after all lads.

Haha, imagine they shitey clubs couldnt finish the season, so all their results got changed to 3-0 losses.

We would probably be about 20 points clear in the league!

Rangers would imo take the SPFL to CAS if they award the scum the title without it being mathematically done.

Best option available void the season no champions relegation or promotion. 

Those that finish in European places get them for next season.

The government are the people that can end the season. What they can't do is make a team champions without it being done same with spfl.

Otherwise there is no point in football in Scotland anymore if they can pick the champions. Maybe we'll get to spring next year and the powers will declare 7th place st. Johnstone the champions why not

14 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

Rangers would imo take the SPFL to CAS if they award the scum the title without it being mathematically done.

Would be fucking magic if the league cancelled. The Erskine bridge would be open for business again.

Tell all the tims you know , if there's a break then they're not in a row 🥳

1 minute ago, dougal72 said:

Would be fucking magic if the league cancelled. The Erskine bridge would be open for business again.

Tell all the tims you know , if there's a break then they're not in a row 🥳

I have been all week mate!😁😁😁😁 

The government shut Wuhan down. A city of 9m people. The government shut Italy down.  A country of 60m people.  Our government will be forced to do the same. The season wont end and FIFA / UEFA  or the SFA won't be asked they're  opinion on it. It will only take 1 or 2 players, officials or staff to get tested and panick will kick in.

It doesn't matter a feck what stage the leagues at top or bottom.  You can't then make assumptions about what would probably have happened. 

Seasons gubbed. Cups as well.

The other option ( if this cleared up enough by say the middle of May  ) would be a playoff between the teams still in the hunt for things. 

Those mathematically able to be relegated playoff, same for European spots and of course the title.

Would be a way to get a conclusion to the season.

32 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

How do you square that circle though? If I dont get promoted and lose all the financial benefits that come because the season is void, why should a team get a European place based on a season that is void? 

Just now, The Dude said:

How do you square that circle though? If I dont get promoted and lose all the financial benefits that come because the season is void, why should a team get a European place based on a season that is void? 

Award them to the teams that were in there last year I guess if we're technically starting the same season again. Will be interesting to see what other leagues do.

If they are claiming the league then I'm claiming the uefa cup.

Archived