The coronavirus and the sfa

MacBoyd

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, The Dude said:

The world hasn't stopped (yet) and it's fairly natural that he'd have been asked that. I spent ten minutes talking about similar the other day with the Falkirk manager because they are a point off Raith at the top of the table. 

Totally appreciate everything else that's going on but if I'm at a presser, it's my job to ask questions. I've not seen Lennon full one from earlier but they'll have chosen to put that bit out fine well knowing it's the bit that was going to get the biggest reaction. 

You’ve went off on one there... The issue is that they’ve held a presser to tell everyone they want the title awarded to them! You said it yourself, the purpose of having it was to get their narrative out! Absolutely nobody else has had a press conference today, hardly surprising is it? 

3 minutes ago, The Ibrox Derry said:

All member associations including the SFA will take their lead and guidance on this from UEFA.

If they don't they are risking their membership of UEFA.

No European football, heavy fines, banishment from the top table.

UEFA always advise member associations to handle these matters, so don’t see how they could then sanction them for doing so! You’ve made all that up just like you did in your thread earlier.

43 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

I think they should have said it’s not important right now, just like Klopp did.

It’s not just Klopp, listening to talksport earlier and nearly every epl manager was asked about it. All said people health comes first and with everything that’s going on football is irrelevant or words to that effect. Then you have Lennon and Brown who straight away want to talk about them being handed the title, as if they hadn’t had enough tainted titles in recent years. It’s shows you not just the lack of class at the club like no other, but also how they know how to manipulate things to their advantage and while the rest of the footballing world is only thinking about the people of this country and the rest of the worlds health, the only thing they care about is claiming another title. As has been said somewhere else the last time a league was scrapped during the season was 1939 when Rangers were top but we were never awarded nor claimed the trophy, precedent set.

49 minutes ago, MacBoyd said:

The more you think about it and compare it to everyone else in sport, its incredible.

But such is the diseased mind in this country we are all used to shite like this and not one media wank has the balls to highlight the lack of class 

5 minutes ago, scottyc06 said:

UEFA always advise member associations to handle these matters, so don’t see how they could then sanction them for doing so! You’ve made all that up just like you did in your thread earlier.

When has the matter of a worldwide pandemic like the Coronavirus arisen before?

Yeah exactly.

What UEFA says will go on this subject, without exception.

33 minutes ago, magic8ball said:

Ouch ,close to the bone ,but I like it 

This is sad circumstances but it is literally their ‘Carlsberg’ moment as I don’t think they were going to dig their way out of this seasons drop...

23 minutes ago, The Ibrox Derry said:

This Forum is absolutely riddled with bheasts tonight, trying to sway the public opinion and thinking in their favour.

They are extremely easy to spot.

They come across as the paranoid Rangers fan, insisting that the SFA will just hand celtic the title.

It ain't happening.

Really?  Maybe that’s just their opinion on what will happen but because it’s different from you they are taigs 🤣

Honestly get a fucking grip pal 

29 minutes ago, The Ibrox Derry said:

This Forum is absolutely riddled with bheasts tonight, trying to sway the public opinion and thinking in their favour.

They are extremely easy to spot.

They come across as the paranoid Rangers fan, insisting that the SFA will just hand celtic the title.

It ain't happening.

You literally made a thread up that was all your opinion, based on absolutely nothing and tried to pass it off as fact.....

42 minutes ago, magic8ball said:

But such is the diseased mind in this country we are all used to shite like this and not one media wank has the balls to highlight the lack of class 

I listened to some of SSB and ‘HK’ was bending over backwards defending him (NL), narrative being he was bombarded with questions and it was an ‘immediate’ answer... As sycophantic a response as you will ever see (or hear as the case may be)...

11 minutes ago, Robmc1 said:

I listened to some of SSB and ‘HK’ was bending over backwards defending him (NL), narrative being he was bombarded with questions and it was an ‘immediate’ answer... As sycophantic a response as you will ever see (or hear as the case may be)...

We can maybe forgive him after all at his age he will be worrying about this virus 

14 minutes ago, Robmc1 said:

But seriously TLBs tasteless poor me shite is indefensible ,You know that this is going to carry on and on and on with no football for months ,Just like when we were in admin they heat will get ramped up for them to get the title just as the heat was ramped up to hammer the fuck out of us ,all along the way the eyes outside this country will see what a childish petty shithole we live in 

Hearts squad player has the virus now.

CORONA SPREAD 

Coronavirus Scotland: Hearts star self-isolates after developing symptoms of deadly COVID-19

BREAKING

HEARTS have confirmed an unnamed player has gone into self-isolation after developing coronavirus symptoms.

The Tynecastle squad member will follow government protocols and stay at home for a week.

KR_HEARTS_V_THISTLE1jpg-JS367927949.jpg?

Hearts opted not to identity the player in question but boss Daniel Stendel and club chiefs will remain in constant contact with him.

A Hearts spokesperson said: "After developing a cough, a player followed the new UK Government guidelines and started a seven-day period of self isolation as a precautionary measure."

It comes hours after an Inverness player became the first suspected coronavirus case in Scottish football.

The first team player is currently in self-isolation after showing symptoms of the bug.

33 minutes ago, scottyc06 said:

You literally made a thread up that was all your opinion, based on absolutely nothing and tried to pass it off as fact.....

I said this hours ago on that thread :

Before anyone soils their nappy, the views and opinions expressed here are my own personal views and opinions, and does not imply approval or endorsement from anyone at Rangers Media, their Forum members, or any other Cunt for that matter 😉😁👍 

1 minute ago, magic8ball said:

But seriously TLBs tasteless poor me shite is indefensible ,You know that this is going to carry on and on and on with no football for months ,Just like when we were in admin they heat will get ramped up for them to get the title just as the heat was ramped up to hammer the fuck out of us ,all along the way the eyes outside this country will see what a childish petty shithole we live in 

Fraser Wishart mentioned (SSB) that the points difference between us and celtic is irrelevant as all leagues will have to be treated the same. He also stated that it was through the players union intervention that the games were called off due to player health and safety, reading in between the lines I think the SFA were advocating ‘closed doors’ matches, ridiculous as that may seem. Bottom line is, in spite of the unhealthy influence celtic hold in the Scottish game this matter is looking beyond even their devious grasp...

12 minutes ago, Smile said:

Hearts squad player has the virus now.

CORONA SPREAD 

Coronavirus Scotland: Hearts star self-isolates after developing symptoms of deadly COVID-19

BREAKING

HEARTS have confirmed an unnamed player has gone into self-isolation after developing coronavirus symptoms.

The Tynecastle squad member will follow government protocols and stay at home for a week.

KR_HEARTS_V_THISTLE1jpg-JS367927949.jpg?

Hearts opted not to identity the player in question but boss Daniel Stendel and club chiefs will remain in constant contact with him.

A Hearts spokesperson said: "After developing a cough, a player followed the new UK Government guidelines and started a seven-day period of self isolation as a precautionary measure."

It comes hours after an Inverness player became the first suspected coronavirus case in Scottish football.

The first team player is currently in self-isolation after showing symptoms of the bug.

"Unidentified player has coronavirus"

Seems like a cracking way to get the league abandoned and avoid relegation. Clever bastards.

19 minutes ago, Robmc1 said:

Fraser Wishart mentioned (SSB) that the points difference between us and celtic is irrelevant as all leagues will have to be treated the same. He also stated that it was through the players union intervention that the games were called off due to player health and safety, reading in between the lines I think the SFA were advocating ‘closed doors’ matches, ridiculous as that may seem. Bottom line is, in spite of the unhealthy influence celtic hold in the Scottish game this matter is looking beyond even their devious grasp...

Good to hear that 

But it does underline the poisonous influence they have on the game ,Hopefully this can be a turning point and their stranglehold can be broken and a level playing field restored 

6 hours ago, TMB said:

In July the pandemic could be at its peak. Over half a million UK citizens could be dead.  in Iran they’re digging trenches for the bodies so big you can see them from a satellite.  In China they’re laying the bodies on the streets to be collected.  I think you still don’t quite understand the severity of the issue.

I certainly do but what I was trying to get across is we will not be sitting here in 5 months with everyone self isolating every week once someone in their workplace catches Coronavirus when 97% of people will shrug this off after a few days, players included.  

If we are then the financial crash of 2008 will be a drop in the ocean compared to where we will be then.

1 minute ago, magic8ball said:

Good to hear that 

But it does underline the poisonous influence they have on the game ,Hopefully this can be a turning point and their stranglehold can be broken and a level playing field restored 

When Peter Lawell parts company with them I think that’ll be the turning point, as corroborated by Stuart Milne his individual influence is powerful and ultimately unhealthy for our game...

Archived