The coronavirus and the sfa

MacBoyd

4 minutes ago, ricksen92 said:

Is there anyone clued up on the sfa/spfl rulebook. Been told that all clubs have to play 30 games for a team to be crowned champions.

There is no 30 game rule. The only thing that could give the tarriers the title is if the leagues would be classed as finished, not cancelled, by the SPFL board. There is no other rule that over rules this. The SPFL board consists of 2 taig puppets that are the chief executive and the chairman but they alone can't make the decision. They have to have the agreement of the club board members which include us, Motherwell and Hamilton chief executives. 

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, eejay the dj said:

And one of the reasons I never even bother reading his posts 

He is born as someone that just wants to be different all the time.Antagonise people . One of many on here  that never accepts he could be wrong .

Only recently watched him on his podcast .He even looks as I would imagine .A man that would have his head tilting from the side to side position every time in disagreement .Never in the up and down position of agreement .He is just too uncomfortable doing this 

What a load of absolute pish 😂

Tell you what though, for someone who insists he won't even read my posts to go out of his way to watch a podcast I'm on (that he bitched and whined about) is really something.

14 minutes ago, sRcFoCt said:

Go back about 15 to 20 pages and check the thread can't be arsed starting this shite up again

Was only askin as never noticed a post on it. Sraight yes or no would have done.

The 3 options seem to be null and void, resume the league in august or later or end the season now with the placings as of now counting. Starting the league again in august would be shit, they wont accept null and void. I can see them being awarded the league and hearts being relegated. Even tom English is basically saying that a title given that way will be tainted beyond belief, no question about it. Null and void is the least bad option but it probably wont happen. One thing for sure, I would not want to the cunt that has to sort this out.

26 minutes ago, ricksen92 said:

Is there anyone clued up on the sfa/spfl rulebook. Been told that all clubs have to play 30 games for a team to be crowned champions.

Now we know next season that if we are one point clear at 30 games then we can just release a killer virus and be crowned champions. 

To be fair to all footballing authorities, this crisis could not have been foreseen so they cant be faulted if they don’t have a ready made off the shelf solution.

So people are looking for guidance and others taking a lead which they can follow. We were all set to continue with the rugby international and the scum game until German and English football made decisive choices and we followed suit.

I think the UEFA conference on Tuesday will plan for the Euros taking place next summer and, given how busy the existing schedule is, they will declare the CL and EL seasons over with no winners and the seedings etc to be carried over to next season.

Had it been a week before the final, they might have been tempted to announce joint winners but, like our league campaign, there are just too many games still to be played.

To arbitrarily award trophies on the basis of probability is legally unsound, sport simply doesn’t work that way. Liverpool were “probably” going through after Firmino scored but three goals from Atletico proved that likely winners are not certain winners. Indeed, just ask Braga.

And what about the Scottish Cup? Do we just call it another treble because the scum were “probably” going to win that too?

Feel sorry for Liverpool and other teams who’ve worked so hard to put themselves in strong positions (Dundee Hibs apart obv) but there is no solution that pleases everyone so we have to trust UEFA to make the right call.

I think they will and that the national associations will be obliged to follow suit.

17 minutes ago, MurrayWilson said:

The 3 options seem to be null and void, resume the league in august or later or end the season now with the placings as of now counting. Starting the league again in august would be shit, they wont accept null and void. I can see them being awarded the league and hearts being relegated. Even tom English is basically saying that a title given that way will be tainted beyond belief, no question about it. Null and void is the least bad option but it probably wont happen. One thing for sure, I would not want to the cunt that has to sort this out.

You’ve got to remember about players contracts ending at set dates so it’s not so simple to just extend unless there are further contract negotiations. Null and void removes this one issue.

1 minute ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Why would it be less relevant in Scotland than what happened in Chile?

I've never once claimed Chile set the precendent that the SPFL must adhere to, but highlighted that a league being stopped midway and trophies being awarded isn't simply a big conspiracy to help celtic.

So why would the SoSFL's rule book set a precedent for the SPFL?

3 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Why would it be less relevant in Scotland than what happened in Chile?

giphy.gif

5 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Whywould that be a precedent? The SPFL operate under a different rule book from the SOSFL.

giphy.gif

5 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Whywould that be a precedent? The SPFL operate under a different rule book from the SOSFL.

Just now, The Dude said:

I've never once claimed Chile set the precendent that the SPFL must adhere to, but highlighted that a league being stopped midway and trophies being awarded isn't simply a big conspiracy to help celtic.

So why would the SoSFL's rule book set a precedent for the SPFL?

are they affiliated ?

9 minutes ago, The Dude said:

FFS

It is the closest scenario to the unique position that we’re in.

You know that none of the rule books have a clause covering a mess like we’re in now so why be a smartass when someone has found a previous case study that might be of interest?

You are rapidly moving from “Devil’s Advocate” to “Lord Haw Haw”.

24 minutes ago, ricksen92 said:

Fill your boots mate - the definition of Season is on page 23 of this: https://spfl.co.uk/admin/filemanager/files/shares/SPFL Rules and Regulations 22-Jul-19.pdf

And in Article 134 on page 33 of the SPFL’s articles you can see that Board decisions are made by a simple majority of the directors, with the chairman having a casting vote if it’s deadlocked. You can download them here (memorandum and articles of association from April 2016): https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/SC175364/filing-history

The directors are (filter to current officers): https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/SC175364/officers

Just now, Colin Traive said:

FFS

It is the closest scenario to the unique position that we’re in.

You know that none of the rule books have a clause covering a mess like we’re in now so why be a smartass when someone has found a previous case study that might be of interest?

You are rapidly moving from “Devil’s Advocate” to Lord Haw Haw.

The SPFL feel their rules DO cover it though.

Archived