The coronavirus and the sfa

MacBoyd

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, The Dude said:

I've never once claimed Chile set the precendent that the SPFL must adhere to, but highlighted that a league being stopped midway and trophies being awarded isn't simply a big conspiracy to help celtic.

So why would the SoSFL's rule book set a precedent for the SPFL?

My typing of precedent was followed by a question mark.  Acting a smart know it all cunt is for others. 

Afaik that league is within the country's pyramid system. The tweeter posted a link between the then league secretary and the current sfa board.

Perhaps understanding of why that league opted for a nul and void approach, what factors influenced that decision then and whether they apply today under spfl legislation, could be of benefit. 'm not aware, but it's an interesting comparison within senior scottish football.

Hence, precedent? 

1 minute ago, BlueThunder said:

I still think the league will be played to a conclusion - I guarantee the tarriers will also be pressing for the Scottish cup to go ahead.

No chance man! Country will be on lockdown until June/July at least.

Just now, Colin Traive said:

Please advise which section is headed “Global Pandemic”, must have lost that page.

Cheers

Doesn't need one headed Global Pandemic. They have one titled Champion Clubs which explains the process for awarding titles.

2 minutes ago, B1872 said:

No chance man! Country will be on lockdown until June/July at least.

And the league will resume then, with 2 games a week IMO. They can’t just hand it to celtic, and they don’t have the balls to void it.

The interesting bit is what to do about transfer windows, contracts ending etc 🤣

Just now, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

My typing of precedent was followed by a question mark.  Acting a smart know it all cunt is for others. 

Afaik that league is within the country's pyramid system. The tweeter posted a link between the then league secretary and the current sfa board.

Perhaps understanding of why that league opted for a nul and void approach, what factors influenced that decision then and whether they apply today under spfl legislation, could be of benefit. 'm not aware, but it's an interesting comparison within senior scottish football.

Hence, precedent? 

I asked you why it would set a precedent, Hardly acting a smart know it all cunt.

SoSFL wasn't part of the pyramid system at the time. Their rulebook 20 years ago is irrelevant to what is in the SPFL's rules now.

It's nowhere close to being a precedent.

10 minutes ago, Bad Robot said:

You’ve got to remember about players contracts ending at set dates so it’s not so simple to just extend unless there are further contract negotiations. Null and void removes this one issue.

Its going to come down to sending a big fuck off to either celtic and Dundee utd or hearts. You just know what they'll go with.

2 minutes ago, BlueThunder said:

And the league will resume then, with 2 games a week IMO. They can’t just hand it to celtic, and they don’t have the balls to void it.

The interesting bit is what to do about transfer windows, contracts ending etc 🤣

The league isn't restarting. It's finished.

Contracts will end as they should. Employer can't unilaterally extend someone's contract.

2 minutes ago, BlueThunder said:

I honestly believe that the football season will be cancelled next week. There are more important things going on! 

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

Doesn't need one headed Global Pandemic. They have one titled Champion Clubs which explains the process for awarding titles.

So anything that happens, say a global health crisis, is ignored because they didn’t include it but, thank God, the world doesn’t need to worry about the process for relegation from League 2.

2 minutes ago, B1872 said:

Hopefully UEFA takes it out of the SPFLs hands and just cancels this season and makes it null and void. It needs to be universal IMO.

This. If it is left to individual associations then there is too much scope for argument.

6 minutes ago, BlueThunder said:

And the league will resume then, with 2 games a week IMO.

Get your boots out, mate.

All the loan players will be back at their clubs by then and the bulk of the remaining contracts end June 9 according to Fraser Wishart.

Finish the season as a fives tournament?

So anything that happens, say a global health crisis, is ignored because they didn’t include it but, thank God, the world doesn’t need to worry about the process for relegation from League 2.

Not ignored but they aren't going to write specific rules for every scenario. There's no specific rules on how to deal with an invasion of aliens or what happens if there is an insurrection.

You seem baffled by the fact that a football league's rulebook specifically caters to football rules rather than generic processes for every potential catastrophe which could befall clubs.

3 minutes ago, The Dude said:

The league isn't restarting. It's finished.

Contracts will end as they should. Employer can't unilaterally extend someone's contract.

Get your boots out, mate.

All the loan players will be back at their clubs by then and the bulk of the remaining contracts end June 9 according to Fraser Wishart.

Finish the season as a fives tournament?

Just talking out the options. The transfer window could be opened early, a bit like the old days of signing a player anytime 😎 🤣

Just now, BlueThunder said:

Just talking out the options. The transfer window could be opened early, a bit like the old days of signing a player anytime 😎 🤣

Think it's more likely that it'll open at its usual time in June but will be extended at the back end, depending on when leagues resume.

10 minutes ago, The Dude said:

I asked you why it would set a precedent, Hardly acting a smart know it all cunt.

SoSFL wasn't part of the pyramid system at the time. Their rulebook 20 years ago is irrelevant to what is in the SPFL's rules now.

It's nowhere close to being a precedent.

It's not about whether you believe you're acting a know it all cunt. It's about whether I believe that of you. Given i was talking about myself not being one, and you've automatically assumed a general reference about know it all cunts related to yourself, then perhaps thats all that needs said on the matter 😂

Ok a senior league in scotland currently within the country's football pyramid system, being abandoned due to external factors (foot and mouth) outwith their control isnt in any way relevant to our senior league within the country's footballing pyramid possibly having its league abandoned due to external factors outwith its control. Not even as a simple comparison. Ok 😂

Archived