The coronavirus and the sfa

MacBoyd

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, The Dude said:

So the contingency must be unequivocal? 

Yes otherwise all sort of ramifications ensue. The rules are not clear and should be, force majeur etc. It should not be left to the whim of a chosen few.

Just now, dummiesoot said:

Yes otherwise all sort of ramifications ensue. The rules are not clear and should be, force majeur etc. It should not be left to the whim of a chosen few.

But they are. They cant legislate for every possible scenario and, iirc, this will be the third time that competitions have been suspended in 120+ years of league football in Scotland, the complete inability to schedule the remainder of the season isn't something you'd likely have a specific rule in place for

4 minutes ago, The Dude said:

You're not buying what?

There will absolutely be an announcement that the season has ended. That will likely confirm that the standings will remain as they are. The season will have ended after the last completed matchday in each of the four divisions rather than the usual number due to an inability to schedule the remaining rounds of fixtures before the start of/ without causing unmanageable disruption to the  2020/21 campaign.

Teams will have their positions based on their points totals as things stand and then the fighting over it all will begin.

Can’t claim a competition is complete if it hasn’t been completed though, in any race that’s run it gets restarted if it can’t continue.

Season should be null and void and be forgotten about, hand out prize money to those who are topping the leagues too soften the blow.

Just now, ritchieshearercaldow said:

Can’t claim a competition is complete if it hasn’t been completed though, in any race that’s run it gets restarted if it can’t continue.

Season should be null and void and be forgotten about, hand out prize money to those who are topping the leagues too soften the blow.

Not in F1.

6 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Different league, different rule book.

Our rule book is a ficking joke and frankly you are starting to do my tits in with 'different league, different rule book'.

Give us a straight answer without your chats with celtic sympathisers on the spfl,  in your considered opinion are the rules clear cut enough to simply hand Celtic a league title when 38 games have not been played?

Telegraph down here running with a story that Liverpool WILL be crowned champions.

Given their massive lead, there’s, apparently, no appetite for this to be challenged.

Would set an uncomfortable precedent for us, if so.

4 minutes ago, The Dude said:

But they are. They cant legislate for every possible scenario and, iirc, this will be the third time that competitions have been suspended in 120+ years of league football in Scotland, the complete inability to schedule the remainder of the season isn't something you'd likely have a specific rule in place for

Yes you can,dead easy

In the event of suspension or cessation of the league, the league us null and void. 

It is not rocket science, start of the season everyone knows. Not maybees aye maybees naw what kind of competition is that?

Just now, dummiesoot said:

Our rule book is a fickjng joke and frankly you are starting to do my tits in with 'different league, different rule book'.

Give us a straight answer without your chats with celtic sympathisers on the spfl,  in your considered opinion are the rules clear cut enough to simply hand celtic a league title when 38 games have not been played?

Not much I can do if you don't like the answer. A decision made by one league using a different rule book 80 years ago doesn't come close to setting a precedent. If that's doing your tits in, there's not much I can do. The SPFL will go on what is in their rule book in 2020.

I think the rules are strong enough that they can give the title to celtic and hold the standings as they are.

Having spoken to people in a more qualified position than I am, they also think the rules are strong enough to go with the standings as they are.

The folk I've spoken to at clubs aren't "celtic sympathisers on the SPFL" (ones a season ticket holder at Ibrox).

There is no point arguing back and forth until we hear the outcome of UEFA's meeting on Tuesday. They may leave all countries to decided league tables at their own discretion or they may make a blanket ruling that all its members must adhere to. I will assume the SPFL won't make any publish announcement until after Tuesday meeting in fear of looking foolish and @The Dude should maybe do likewise.

1 minute ago, dummiesoot said:

Different competition, different rule book.

That everyone knows before the season starts 

he didnt actually name a specific competition or organiser. He just said "race." There is no global "race" organiser" or specific "race" rulebook to refer too.

1 minute ago, sRcFoCt said:

The logistics in F1 are huge they need to call a race right away so they can move on to the next country 

So, not any race then? As is my original point.

Certain competitions may actually have rules in place where, despite the competition not going the mandated distance, the prizes are handed out.

Just now, HG5 said:

Telegraph down here running with a story that Liverpool WILL be crowned champions.

Given their massive lead, there’s, apparently, no appetite for this to be challenged.

Would set an uncomfortable precedent for us, if so.

I would hope the relegation/promotion issue to the EPL would help in this instance. 

Means potentially 3 would have it go down with games remaining, losing mega bucks. Also promotion not decided, mega bucks at stake again 

mirror that all over Europe and you have a complete cluster Fuck 

the easiest and fairest way is to just void everything, discard season 2019/20 and start again when we can 

2 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

There is no point arguing back and forth until we hear the outcome of UEFA's meeting on Tuesday. They may leave all countries to decided league tables at their own discretion or they may make a blanket ruling that all its members must adhere to. I will assume the SPFL won't make any publish announcement until after Tuesday meeting in fear of looking foolish and @The Dude should maybe do likewise.

So should we all just insists its null and void until we get a decision?

Just now, ritchieshearercaldow said:

Aye, and all those truckers must be fit as fuck.

Aye, truckers and F1 drivers have similar levels of fitness.

Truckers are regularly driving at 200+ mph wheel-to-wheel and experiencing huge g-forces, massive weight loss and incredible physical strain. It's just like driving along the M8 at 60.

31 minutes ago, The Dude said:

I know but it's such a set of circumstances that I couldn't confidently give one on what I think they would do. There would be so many other variables that it's impossible to realistically know. Given the circumstans we ARE in, I'm more confident that I can give an opinion on what I think they will do based on speaking to people at a couple of clubs in recent weeks and conversations with a couple other people who are, let's say, suitably qualified to steer my opinion. 

I don't want to paint you into a corner as it would be as unfair to null the the league as to declare the winners, and you are only saying what you are hearing. What I'm looking for is the justification/logic that the spfl will use if and when they announce their decision. That may be particularly the case if it flies in the face of an approach agreed across europe. L

Archived