The coronavirus and the sfa

MacBoyd

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, The Dude said:

Why fuck dundee?

Because they're 3rd, challenging for play off place, but its attrition and  it's easier to fuck them than bring more teams up which would cost two OF games. Fucking over Dundee and us but every other team especially scum and Hearts delighted. Makes sense.

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

Maybe, we'll soon find out.

Although clearly you do know fuck all, I've not written for the Record in a year.

I have one question for you....

Do you honestly think they would be going down this route if we were level at the top of the division on points?

Personally I think you would have to be mad to think that the team in second place would accept it. It would be absolute carnage.

But you say that this is what the rules would state must happen. Personally I think the rules would go out of the window in this case, in which case, the rules are not fit for purpose.

Just now, mitre_mouldmaster said:

This country is split down the middle basically. 50% us, 50% them and the others are basically neutral so can be left out of the equation.

They will be raging if they dont get the league, we will be raging if they do get it when it was in our hands to have the points gap down to 4 pts with a good few games to go.

They will find a middle ground to state that there are no champions this year, but basically find a way to state that 9 in a row can be achieved next year and its an unbroken run, which would be fair enough.

This gives them the chance to continue the pursuit of the 10 in a row, which is what they care about, but they dont have to piss us all off by awarding them a league which had not been won in a 38 game season. 

Again, these final eight games will be irrelevant.

Its about much more than just celtic though. Everyone's focus is on that but its far from the main thing for most clubs in the league. The overwhelming majority couldn't give a flying fuck if celtic win 9 or 900 in a row.

Do you honestly think they would be going down this route if we were level at the top of the division on points?

Personally I think you would have to be mad to think that the team in second place would accept it. It would be absolute carnage.

But you say that this is what the rules would state must happen. Personally I think the rules would go out of the window in this case, in which case, the rules are not fit for purpose.

They might have given it as a joint title in that circumstance but like I said earlier, the SFA will be watching what the EPL and UEFA come up with and go with that.  Then they can wash their hands of it if anyone complains and point to European football all doing the same thing.

1 minute ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Because they're 3rd, challenging for play off place, but its attrition and  it's easier to fuck them than bring more teams up which would cost two OF games. Fucking over Dundee and us but every other team especially scum and Hearts delighted. Makes sense.

And Ayr. And the three league one clubs and three league two clubs who also get shafted. What if Dundee and Ayr could catch Inverness in the remaining games ?That's hardly fair to make rules up to shaft some teams and benefit others.

Just now, ritchieshearercaldow said:

If they hand the title to them and prize money, the scum should be made to pay out some of their millions to the lower league clubs who might not survive this.

That might be a softener to any decision they take.  Whethher our board goes with that is another story if we don't like the outcome of the authorities decision.

6 minutes ago, piperpete said:

it’s on completed course or the race is void and should be no different from any sporting competition, if they set of to see who get the furthest like the javelin then you don’t finish the coursing you don’t need too, leagues  are won when it’s completed, if a club in any sport have mathematically won it before all games played then why don’t they just stop the rest of the games ?

But sporting competitions all have different rules on how to handle unfinished events. There's no one single rule which covers every sporting pursuit there is.

2 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Again, these final eight games will be irrelevant.

Its about much more than just celtic though. Everyone's focus is on that but its far from the main thing for most clubs in the league. The overwhelming majority couldn't give a flying fuck if celtic win 9 or 900 in a row.

Well they are clearly not irrelevant as these 8 games are the crux of the matter.

The unknown element of these results is what fuels the debate.

They would be irrelevant if we are just to accept the rhetoric that you are suggesting is to play out.

The other argument is that these 8 games are massively important and since the results cannot be accounted, then it is not correct to assume a position of status quo.

Just now, The Dude said:

And Ayr. And the three league one clubs and three league two clubs who also get shafted. What if Dundee and Ayr could catch Inverness in the remaining games ?That's hardly fair to make rules up to shaft some teams and benefit others.

A mess, and that's why especially given it's not in rules, nul and void is the sensible option. I'm surmising it might not be and if that is the case then ultimately teams will suffer injustice. But it likely wont be the scum.

3 minutes ago, The Dude said:

But sporting competitions all have different rules on how to handle unfinished events. There's no one single rule which covers every sporting pursuit there is.

It's a waste of time bringing other sports into it.  The SFA and SPFL will wait and see what comes ouit of the UEFA meetng and I believe they'll go with the flow as that'll give them a strong position if any club challenges their decision.  They can point to UEFA and all the European leagues and say we're doing what they're doing.

3 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Which is exactly what these rules do, if they are to play out in your way.

They shaft us and they benefit celtic.

They shaft Partick and help QoS.

4 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Aye, imagine if we were 3 points clear and they had a game in hand, would they accept it, just because they have a good points difference doesn’t mean it’s over, it’s not.

1 minute ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Well they are clearly not irrelevant as these 8 games are the crux of the matter.

They would be irrelevant if we are just to accept the rhetoric that you are suggesting is to play out.

The other argument is that these 8 games are massively important and since the results cannot be accounted, then it is not correct to assume a position of status quo.

A bigger issue is not so much the games remaining to be played is situations where some teams have a game in hand and could go ahead of the team/s above them if they win it.  To end a league, if all teams have played the same amount of games there's a bit of equity there.  If teams have played different numbers of games that introduces another dimension.

They will be though because the 2019/20 season will only consist of 30 games. No matter what happens, the final eight games won't be played. Even allowing for us having played 29, that extra three points does nothing for us.

There's more for smaller clubs to lose by voiding the season than there is by ending with the standing as they are 80% of the way through the season.

10 minutes ago, piperpete said:

it’s on completed course or the race is void and should be no different from any sporting competition, if they set of to see who get the furthest like the javelin then you don’t finish the coursing you don’t need too, leagues  are won when it’s completed, if a club in any sport have mathematically won it before all games played then why don’t they just stop the rest of the games ?

The bookmakers will not be paying out on the scum or many other teams at the top of their leagues

Well maybe paddy power will . :p:

17 minutes ago, Coop said:

This season is effectively over.  How it 'ends' is still up in the air but the SFA will be guided by UEFA and what comes out of the Tuesday meeting.  Just my take.  I don't think we'll see 53 leagues come up with 53 unique solutions.

I can't see anything definitive coming from Tuesday. The ideal solution is obviously to finish the seasons. I think every chance will be given to allow that to happen. I don't think that's wise though as I don't see any football soon.

It's an incredible situation we are all in. The situation is changing daily. I have no idea what the resolutions will be but IMO nothing will be resolved anytime soon. The permutations are extraordinary. There is so much at stake on so many levels. Naturally human life is more important than anything.

Archived