The coronavirus and the sfa

MacBoyd

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

It shouldnt be.

This in one sport, there should be a clear lead from the overarching governing bodies, and it should be cascaded down.

Uefa should be providing guidance on how this is played out for all of Europe, as the virus is effecting all of Europe.

If the rules are complex and say that leagues where over 70% have been completed, then a certain model is applied, then fair enough. If less than 70% has been completed, then it is voided, then fair enough.

What is not acceptable IMO is that one league takes one action, another takes a different view and the sport is decided on completely different criteria.

I bet the football authorities here are dying for some sort of intervention/guidance from UEFA, it would take the heat of them big time. They absolutely cannot win with this one. I agree totally, UEFA need to be the ones who decide here.

4 minutes ago, Amato said:

Tbh I'd be amazed if they don't declare celtic to be champions. I won't recognise it as their title though

It's not really what we recognise though it's what the record books say. We said the same thing back in 2012 till we were back but they still counted them. 

They are tragic bastards but if the shoe was on the other foot I guarantee all of us would be demanding the title of we were ahead in the league at this stage. 

6 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

It shouldnt be.

This in one sport, there should be a clear lead from the overarching governing bodies, and it should be cascaded down.

Uefa should be providing guidance on how this is played out for all of Europe, as the virus is effecting all of Europe.

If the rules are complex and say that leagues where over 70% have been completed, then a certain model is applied, then fair enough. If less than 70% has been completed, then it is voided, then fair enough.

What is not acceptable IMO is that one league takes one action, another takes a different view and the sport is decided on completely different criteria.

Theres not going to be a one size fits all. There are too many different sets of circumstances for UEFA to insist it goes one way. Italy think they'll get back playing again, we don't. How do you have a solution which suits both? 

3 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

It shouldnt be.

Different leagues will always take different views and actions. I agree 100% they should all abide with set rules. For me a season must be completed for the placing to be decided. For me if not complete then it’s void. You cannot have anyone being called winners without winning it. It makes it farcical. You cannot relegate a team when the league was unfinished. 

8 minutes ago, Colin Traive said:

Because the contest is incomplete.

There are other clubs who would probably have gone on to win titles or achieve promotion but circumstances beyond the control of our sport mean that the remaining games are unlikely to be played.

I think back to Aguero’s goal to grab the title a few years ago.

You would never have awarded Man City the title with 9 seconds to go, never mind 9 matches.

You cannot advocate awarding prizes on “probably” then bitch about common sense or fairness.

Nobody is awarding anything on probably. 

3 minutes ago, MurrayWilson said:

I bet the football authorities here are dying for some sort of intervention/guidance from UEFA, it would take the heat of them big time. They absolutely cannot win with this one. I agree totally, UEFA need to be the ones who decide here.

Agreed. Real aren't going to hand the title to Barcelona, just because they got their noses in front on that week. Likewise with Juventus, Lazio and Inter.

The probability of Helicopter Sunday was low, the probability of Aguero's goal in the 95th minute to win the EPL was low, the probability of us catching the scum this year is low but it exists. They cannot award them the league.

1 minute ago, Colin Traive said:

Of course it is.

Either certainty or probability.

Eight or nine fixtures outstanding so that rules out “certainty”.

It will be awarded on the basis of a 30 game season. Wheres the probably? 

5 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Theres not going to be a one size fits all. There are too many different sets of circumstances for UEFA to insist it goes one way. Italy think they'll get back playing again, we don't. How do you have a solution which suits both? 

No cunt in Europe will be playing football before may at the earliest. Italy certainly wont be. One size can fit all. Let UEFA make the decision and whatever it may be everyone get on with it. 

Just now, Dave Hedgehog said:

You know what I mean. Ok the team at the top then 👍

Yes. The team with most points at the end of the Season are champions. 

The SPFL are expected to confirm the season has ended after the last round of games due to exceptional circumstances. 

11 minutes ago, Amato said:

Tbh I'd be amazed if they don't declare celtic to be champions. I won't recognise it as their title though

We'll wait and see but if it was true what some people are saying in here it would be out in the public domain now only one club has demanded to give the taigs the championship, them

Just now, The Dude said:

Yes. The team with most points at the end of the Season are champions. 

The SPFL are expected to confirm the season has ended after the last round of games due to exceptional circumstances. 

Is there a percentage of games that need to be played to declare a “champion at the end of a season”? 

2 minutes ago, MurrayWilson said:

No cunt in Europe will be playing football before may at the earliest. Italy certainly wont be. One size can fit all. Let UEFA make the decision and whatever it may be everyone get on with it. 

Just tell some countries they can't have any football for almost a year? That's mental. 

7 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

The probability of Helicopter Sunday was low, the probability of Aguero's goal in the 95th minute to win the EPL was low, the probability of us catching the scum this year is low but it exists. They cannot award them the league.

9x3 =27 possible points, inc  two games v them.

Archived