The coronavirus and the sfa

MacBoyd

Just now, The Dude said:

Which then makes the rule mean the season cannot end until game 38 is played. Which isn't the case. 

And that's as I say the big dilemma as they're not going to fulfil their own season criteria. Nothing in the rules about chopping games, there is about 38 games. So voiding is the best solution given there us none which is a perfect fit.

Dude, did you think regardless meant it was ok to deduct 9 games to lessen this 38 game ruling. I asked in a previous post but you've not responded to that point.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Because there were two replacement competitions organised in its place. Rangers won the West division, Falkirk won the East. Rangers then beat Falkirk at Ibrox to win the emergency war title. 

I've asked you two questions in a post I've quoted you in. No answer as of yet. 

3 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Actually you are correct.

Lets have a look at the exact wording again:-

"Season means the period of the year commencing on the date of the first League Match in a Season and ending on the date of the last League Match in the same Season or otherwise as determined by the Board and which excludes the Close Season;"

That statement is actually illiterate. They are using 'Season' to define 'Season' for a start which is fucking ridiculous.

Secondly, and probably more importantly, they are talking about the date of the end of season, not the number of games.

The season may be decided by the board to officially end on a different date than the final of the 38 league games. This could be a provision where a club is possibly facing a points deduction after the final game, and the  SPFL need to extend the season for this investigation to be complete. 

Finally!

3 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Because there were two replacement competitions organised in its place. Rangers won the West division, Falkirk won the East. Rangers then beat Falkirk at Ibrox to win the emergency war title. 

So the abandoned league doesn’t count. 

Neither should this. 👍

4 minutes ago, The Dude said:

I've never said that rule doesn't exist, not even once. I have however said that's not what is used to determine who is champion. Nobody anywhere is saying the season is complete to the usual number of games. 

The rule to determine the champion is based on rule c38. Nothing else. (the rulebook even says that the rule themselves are read separately.

The rule on the format of the competition itself isn't the rule which determines who is champion. That's why theres an express definition of Season in there. 

The champion club rule makes no reference to the length of the Season nor the format of the competition itself only that whoever has the most points at the end of the Season - with the board having the discretion to end the season. Otherwise, the season will run until game 38 is played as defined in the rules. 

Definition of season? The one where they basically say:

"Season is defined as the point the season starts till the season ends"

So they are using the word in question to define what the word means?

5 minutes ago, The Dude said:

The Scottish football league was an official league. Was abandoned. No champion.

The War time leagues were unofficial and don’t count officially.

So to clear my point up. Abandonment means no champion. 👍

1 minute ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Definition of season? The one where they basically say:

"Season is defined as the point the season starts till the season ends"

So they are using the word in question to define what the word means?

Its the next few words after those which are crucial. If there is no way to get fixtures completed, the board can end the Season. If they decide tomorrow is the end of the Season, then tomorrow's the end of the Season. T

Just now, Dave Hedgehog said:

The Scottish football league was an official league. Was abandoned. No champion.

The War time leagues were unofficial and don’t count officially.

So to clear my point up. Abandonment means no champion. 👍

In the SFL in 1940 it did. The SFL don't exist any more and its 2020

5 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

And that's as I say the big dilemma as they're not going to fulfil their own season criteria. Nothing in the rules about chopping games, there is about 38 games. So voiding is the best solution given there us none which is a perfect fit.

Dude, did you think regardless meant it was ok to deduct 9 games to lessen this 38 game ruling. I asked in a previous post but you've not responded to that point.

disregarding, not regardless.

Ideal scenario would be the epl asking those still mathematically involved in a title race to concede the league to Liverpool which I think they would probably agree to. And then have the the spl ask if we would do the same...

Just now, The Dude said:

No idea. What was the rule in 1940? Do you know how many games had been played and what the gap was when it was abandoned in 1940?

Was 5 games and 5 points I think.

Just now, dougal72 said:

Ideal scenario would be the epl asking those still mathematically involved in a title race to concede the league to Liverpool which I think they would probably agree to. And then have the the spl ask if we would do the same...

I think they question would have a different answer up here 😂👍

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

Its the next few words after those which are crucial. If there is no way to get fixtures completed, the board can end the Season. If they decide tomorrow is the end of the Season, then tomorrow's the end of the Season. T

What words after?

Season means the period of the year commencing on the date of the first League Match in a Season and ending on the date of the last League Match in the same Season or otherwise as determined by the Board and which excludes the Close Season; Secretary means the Secretary of the Company; Scottish FA means The Scottish Football Association Limited; Scottish FA Articles means the Articles for the time being of the Scottish FA; SFL means the former combination of Football clubs comprising the unincorporated association known as the Scottish Football League; SFL Rules means the former Constitution, Rules and regulations for the time being of the SFL; SPFA means the Scottish Professional Footballers' Association; SPFL means The Scottish Professional Football League; SPL means The Scottish Premier League a league competition formerly operated by the Company up to and including Season 2012/2013;

Are you talking about the words here:- 

"ending on the DATE of the last League Match in the same Season or otherwise as determined by the Board and which excludes the Close Season"

The one which specifically states that it allows them to change the date the 38 games season ends. Obviously as the rule states that the season is 38 games long, and the season by default end after the date of this match, but this rule would allow them to make the date a different date to the last of the 38 games. This could be used if there was a requirement to allow an investigation where a team may be deducted points.

2 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Whom does "the board" consist of.  Do you believe this is the way the outcome of a league title should be decided? 

Bearing in mind our capitulation since Dec 29th. We are due to play them twice, have a game in hand. Points deficit could be 4 points.

If I'm not mistaken they cunts lost to Livi, then drew with Hivs in the same wk before Xmas. There is another 4 points! It can, and could happen. 

1 minute ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

What words after?

Season means the period of the year commencing on the date of the first League Match in a Season and ending on the date of the last League Match in the same Season or otherwise as determined by the Board and which excludes the Close Season; Secretary means the Secretary of the Company; Scottish FA means The Scottish Football Association Limited; Scottish FA Articles means the Articles for the time being of the Scottish FA; SFL means the former combination of Football clubs comprising the unincorporated association known as the Scottish Football League; SFL Rules means the former Constitution, Rules and regulations for the time being of the SFL; SPFA means the Scottish Professional Footballers' Association; SPFL means The Scottish Professional Football League; SPL means The Scottish Premier League a league competition formerly operated by the Company up to and including Season 2012/2013;

Are you talking about the words here:- 

"ending on the DATE of the last League Match in the same Season or otherwise as determined by the Board and which excludes the Close Season"

The one which specifically states that it allows them to change the date the 38 games season ends. Obviously as the rule states that the season is 38 games long, and the season by default end after the date of this match, but this rule would allow them to make the date a different date to the last of the 38 games. This could be used if there was a requirement to allow an investigation where a team may be deducted points.

"or otherwise as determined by the Board"

The champions are the one with the most points at the end of the Season. the season ends on the date of the last league match or as otherwise determined by the board.

The board will determine the season is now finished, despite not reaching the 38 games prescribed else where in the rules, due to coronavirus.

As a result, rule c38 kicks in and celtic as the club in position one will be the 'Champion Club' as the one with the highest tally of points at the end of the Season.

Whether we agree or not. That's what the SPFL are intending to push forward with. If clubs want to fight it, they can but the people I've spoken to at clubs and elsewhere don't think it would be successful.

4 minutes ago, Leftpegcoopz11 said:

Whom does "the board" consist of.  Do you believe this is the way the outcome of a league title should be decided? 

Bearing in mind our capitulation since Dec 29th. We are due to play them twice, have a game in hand. Points deficit could be 4 points.

If I'm not mistaken they cunts lost to Livi, then drew with Hivs in the same wk before Xmas. There is another 4 points! It can, and could happen. 

The 2019/20 SPFL Board is made up of Neil Doncaster (CEO), Murdoch MacLennan (Chairman), Karyn McCluskey (non-executive), Alan Burrows (Motherwell), Les Gray (Hamilton Academical), Stewart Robertson (Rangers), Ross McArthur (Dunfermline Athletic), Ewen Cameron (Alloa Athletic), Ken Ferguson (Brechin City) and Peter Davidson (Montrose).

In an ideal world, no. Far from it but I seriously think null and void will do far more damage other clubs and Scottish football in general than the standings staying as is. I said earlier, I'm not fussed at all if they get it. It looked like they were going to get it anyway. If this season IS voided, you can bet your last that if they win next year then they'll keep counting it regardless.

Archived