The coronavirus and the sfa

MacBoyd

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Yes. I understand what you are saying. But the information I have disputes that and given where that has come from I have far more faith in that than you, with all respect. Senior employees at the SPFL who have been told the SPFL's position is this, and have since relayed it to others, carry more weight on how the rules are being interpreted by the people making the decision.

I don't quite get what part of that I've not made clear enough. Virtually all of what I've said in terms of how things are expected to play regards the league standings has come from within clubs. It's not my interpretation of it but the interpretation of the SPFL and their lawyers.

One thing I'm almost certain of though is that, if the decision is left to domestic FA, the season will not be voided.

So you dont think that they are trying to fit the rules to the outcome they want? That is what it sounds like to me.

I do not doubt for a second that you have heard what the SPFL want to do. They would love to have the option to do this, would keep things simple, but I dont think it is right and I dont think you can apply the rules in the way you are saying.

I think the rules are very clear. Lets jot them down so we can run through.

1. The Champion is the club at the top of the table at the end of a season. (C38)

2. The Board of the SPFL have the ability to change the date of the end of the season to something other than that of final game. (General Notes)

3. There are to be 38 games in a Premiership season. (C14)

For a season to be valid, ALL not just SOME of the rules have to be followed. If they do not allow for 38 games, then the season has not followed the rules of the game and cannot be considered valid.

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

Ah well, who knows, I might. Tell you what though, there's literally millions of people who've read my "shite" from almost every single country on the planet and I've spent the last few years being paid a pretty decent wage to watch, talk about and write about fitba full-time. No complaints on my end.

People in Uruguay are interested in Scottish football? 

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

Ah well, who knows, I might. Tell you what though, there's literally millions of people who've read my "shite" from almost every single country on the planet and I've spent the last few years being paid a pretty decent wage to watch, talk about and write about fitba full-time. No complaints on my end.

You are up there with sutton, hartson, Keegan's and the rest of the celtic cheerleaders. 

3 minutes ago, Leftpegcoopz11 said:

Don't twist my words, I was more so talking about voiding the league. You, me, or the nxt person doesn't know how long this will last. It was a hypothetical question, so don't turn it into something it wasn't meant to come across as.

My main Concern would be, if I were you, you very seldom have anything positive to say with regards to Rangers. I understand you may be trying to be diplomatic/objective, but to me it doesn't really come across that way. 

Don't know if you still write for that rag or not as I don't buy newspapers, but it's amazing the amount of journos that bk them yet most of our supposed ex players/supporting  journos don't do the same for us. Shitebags  to a man. 

Utter pish.

21 minutes ago, The Dude said:

I could. My job depends on it. And believe me, if this goes on a long time, Rangers are far from in the clear finacially. if we're looking at five or six months payroll with little income, some of the directors better star digging very fucking deep.

Very few businesses can go 5 or 6 months with no income. 

30 minutes ago, The Dude said:

There was another way of reading it that was explained to me but I'm struggling to explain it properly. But that rule doesn't have any relevance on who wins the title.

Disregarding means not to include, to disregard. The term was disregarding postponed and abandoned games, 38 shall be played. Words to that effect.

You posted " Disregarding postponed matches. We have ninepostponed matches which we are unable to schedule." That reply of yours was in reply to 

C14: The Clubs for the time being entitled in terms of these Rules to participate in the Premiership shall, disregarding any abandoned or postponed matches, play in 38 League Matches in any one Season

To me it appears you misread that and have been basing part of your argument. Is that why edited your post? 

What other way of reading it can there be? Is it an spfl way of it not being interpreted as it reads?

I say we start next season and tell all the teams that the season will end sometime before 38 games have been played but we aren’t going to tell you when. 
Imagine the suspense each Monday morning waiting on the SPFL Board to tell us that the league is over and ????? has won. 

4 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Utter pish.

Did someone not give you the exact same response on an earlier post, and you slated them for not backing the comment up. Nothing worse than  a know it all hypocrite. 

Edit:Sorry it was your response. I'm just saying it the way I see it. If you don't write for that rag anymore, I'm sure they'll welcome you bk with open arms. 

3 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

People in Uruguay are interested in Scottish football? 

Yes, we had 46 pageviews from Uruguay.

Literally every country bar North Korea has registered page views with us (according to google analytics)

Just now, Ger_onimo said:

Very few businesses can go 5 or 6 months with no income. 

Think looking at the cash reserves every club had per their most recent accounts, celtic are the only one who can go that long with no income, and that would be only barely. If this goes on as long as it's expected, I genuinely fear there's going to be a lot of clubs go under.

3 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

I say we start next season and tell all the teams that the season will end sometime before 38 games have been played but we aren’t going to tell you when. 
Imagine the suspense each Monday morning waiting on the SPFL Board to tell us that the league is over and ????? has won. 

All about the boards discretion🙄

11 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

So you dont think that they are trying to fit the rules to the outcome they want? That is what it sounds like to me.

I do not doubt for a second that you have heard what the SPFL want to do. They would love to have the option to do this, would keep things simple, but I dont think it is right and I dont think you can apply the rules in the way you are saying.

I think the rules are very clear. Lets jot them down so we can run through.

1. The Champion is the club at the top of the table at the end of a season. (C38)

2. The Board of the SPFL have the ability to change the date of the end of the season to something other than that of final game. (General Notes)

3. There are to be 38 games in a Premiership season. (C14)

For a season to be valid, ALL not just SOME of the rules have to be followed. If they do not allow for 38 games, then the season has not followed the rules of the game and cannot be considered valid.

Don't argue with a thicko.

He was obviously educated at Saint something or other.

He has clear cognitive impairment.

5 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Think looking at the cash reserves every club had per their most recent accounts, celtic are the only one who can go that long with no income, and that would be only barely. If this goes on as long as it's expected, I genuinely fear there's going to be a lot of clubs go under.

As long as its not us, then im fine with that.

Archived