The coronavirus and the sfa

MacBoyd

2 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

It's just the same old arguments from page 1 to 78, no one is changing their stance or opinion so there's no point going back and forth with it. 

At the end of the day it's people we don't know who will decide what happens and none of us can do anything about it. This is knew ground for all and the outcome will be announced shortly if imagine as Scotland gets set to reach the next level of the virus. 

Exactly.

Cutting through all the shite, we simply do not know and all outwith our control.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Leftpegcoopz11 said:

Well not so many posts bk you said the league would start bk in August. You talking to scientists aswell now? 

Well that's that settled now, the taigs are getting the league because you've spoke to cunts (wonder what persuasion they were) 

No, that's the prediction being made by the league and SFA. The Ross County chairman also mentioned it in todays media.

The folk I spoke to included an Ibrox season ticket holder and one who "prefers" us to them.

Isn’t it strange than no one, and I mean no one, from any media outlet or any pundit or anyone in authority from a footballing body has said the rules state that as it stands and the league was stopped that celtic would be declared winners.

Except a poster on here. 

Am I being cynical? 😂😂😂

Tell you one thing if anyone was in any doubt (if they lived under a rock since 2012) that the media in this country is fully behind one team then the proof has been the last 24 hours or so. We have BBC Scotland, the Daily Record, Herald and ex players all fighting the corner and trying to give the scum the league. Whole thing stinks and it’s the exact same tactics that were used to nearly kill our club. These scummy fenian bastards are an absolute stain on our country and society. Only thing that are worse are so called bears standing up and fighting their corner with them!

1 minute ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

Isn’t it strange than no one, and I mean no one, from any media outlet or any pundit or anyone in authority from a footballing body has said the rules state that as it stands and the league was stopped that celtic would be declared winners.

Except a poster on here. 

Am I being cynical? 😂😂😂

Too sensible, mate. You'll need to have a complete re-think.

2 minutes ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

Except a poster on here. 

Am I being cynical? 😂😂😂

The league body won't say it publicly until it's confirmed.

BBC and Daily Record have both reported it in some form. Daily Mail's chief football writer was on twitter earlier insisting the season will not be voided.

It's not just a poster on here.

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

BBC and Daily Record have both reported it in some form. Daily Mail's chief football writer was on twitter earlier insisting the season will not be voided.

BBC and Daily Record in some form?

Ffs 😂😂

3 minutes ago, B1872 said:

Tell you one thing if anyone was in any doubt (if they lived under a rock since 2012) that the media in this country is fully behind one team then the proof has been the last 24 hours or so. We have BBC Scotland, the Daily Record, Herald and ex players all fighting the corner and trying to give the scum the league. Whole thing stinks and it’s the exact same tactics that were used to nearly kill our club. These scummy fenian bastards are an absolute stain on our country and society. Only thing that are worse are so called bears standing up and fighting their corner with them!

Our club don't even stand up for us and it's the reason why Scottish football is riddled with tarriers in high places. For years we allowed those cunts to stick the boot into us and do nothing. 

Just now, The Dude said:

The BBC, Daily Record and the Daily Mail's chief football writer are speculating, just like everyone on here.

6 minutes ago, B1872 said:

If they give them the title, so what?? It would be the ultimate of all tainted 9iar that nobody unbiased will give any credence to. Let them have, it will be forever remebered as a token. Also, it may shift our board to explore other options as regards to removing us from the SPFL.

Just now, Dave Hedgehog said:

BBC and Daily Record in some form?

Ffs 😂😂

Aye, the record reported several days ago.

BBC mentioned this afternoon that theyd heard that was the SPFL's proposed option.

But aye, it's just one poster on here. Despite it having been in the national media days ago.

Just now, George McLean said:

The BBC, Daily Record and the Daily Mail's chief football writer are speculating, just like everyone on here.

They may well be but I'd be tempted to believe they are speculating on the back of information from people either within the SPFL or with clubs.

1 minute ago, Terry Hurlock Loyal said:

If they give them the title, so what. It would be the ultimate of all tainted 9iar that nobody will give any credence to. Let them have, it will be forever remebered as a token.

If the league season does not complete all it's fixtures then all league placings would be null and void, common sense would tell you that, you can't give trophies to clubs when the season is incomplete, whether it's looked upon as tainted or not they would not have mathematically won the title, same applies to Liverpool and every other club.

12 minutes ago, The Dude said:

No, that's the prediction being made by the league and SFA. The Ross County chairman also mentioned it in todays media.

The folk I spoke to included an Ibrox season ticket holder and one who "prefers" us to them.

Well I'm glad they know better than professors /Doctors/Scientists when this terrible situation will end! 

5 minutes ago, The Dude said:

They may well be but I'd be tempted to believe they are speculating on the back of information from people either within the SPFL or with clubs.

They may well have spoken to people in various office who have given opinion, nothing else.

15 minutes ago, George McLean said:

If the league season does not complete all it's fixtures then all league placings would be null and void, common sense would tell you that, you can't give trophies to clubs when the season is incomplete, whether it's looked upon as tainted or not they would not have mathematically won the title, same applies to Liverpool and every other club.

No way Liverpool are not going to get the title, and that would set the bheast's wheels in motion. The SFA will ask the SPFL to expand the Premier League to avoid litigation from relegation and promotion - no doubt do the same for the lower league (although many of those teams may go bust so might not be an issue). The SPFL have been wanting to do this for years (expand) but are hamstrung by television demanding 4 OF games.

Strange times ahead.

It’s far easier to scrap the season than it is award based on a partially completed season.

I really can’t see any relegated clubs in particular just accepting it as it’s far from done and dusted. From our point of view it doesn’t really affect us, only that our rivals are trying to get something they haven’t actually won no matter how unlikely it is that we’d still win the league.

For me it’s a smaller headache for football associations and clubs to simply scrap it if it can’t  be completed rather than essentially predict the future.

23 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Aye, the record reported several days ago.

BBC mentioned this afternoon that theyd heard that was the SPFL's proposed option.

But aye, it's just one poster on here. Despite it having been in the national media days ago.

BBC mentioned it was one of the options on the table with playing league through summer ,void and others.

So basically your speculating 

31 minutes ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

Except a poster on here. 

Am I being cynical? 😂😂😂

If it was there we would know by now your right. Not saying they won't bow to them, but there is no rule on it in celtic's favour clearly.

3 minutes ago, sRcFoCt said:

BBC mentioned it was one of the options on the table with playing league through summer ,void and others.

Yes, to a point, based on what I've been told from people at clubs. 

Just now, sRcFoCt said:

Of course he's speculating, he knows the same as the rest of us and that's fuck all.

Comes on here acting the big "I am",  spouting pish and arguing left, right and centre.

5 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Yes, to a point, based on what I've been told from people at clubs. 

Dude have you or will you please, mention to officials from other clubs that a precedent had been set for abandonment of a season in 1939?  I’d love to hear what they have to say about that!

Archived