The coronavirus and the sfa

MacBoyd

59 minutes ago, The Dude said:

I've looked at both sides of the debate. There's nothing from one side that's made me think that the SPFL's position is wrong.

If you leave the SPFL rule book aside(assuming all that chat is correct) the obvious thing from a Sporting point of view Is to null and void the season. I can’t see how that can be argued against. If the SPFL rulebook does say that celtic should be given the title and hearts relegated then it is quite clearly wrong, regardless of whether we signed up for that or not.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, the old guard said:

Surely uefa will decide this, it has to be the same decision for every league, no cherry picking can be allowed to happen. 

I would think so,  because how do you determine what lead is big enough? Also games in hand, player suspenions,  form, injuries, difficulty of remaining fixtures etc etc.  

They might still 'award' the titles to the teams in the lead or may indeed  make them all null and void - i think its one or the other as there is no prospect of playing the remaining games imo.  I dont imagine they want this to run on forever either.

32 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

I wonder if Rangers will have a similar announcement.

Hope not until we hear more. I think it will go our way without us getting involved. UEFA will never gift leagues to teams like barca who are just ahead.

Just now, MacBoyd said:

Hope not until we hear more. I think it will go our way without us getting involved. UEFA will never gift leagues to teams like barca who are just ahead.

Agreed.

I think when UEFA meet on Tuesday they'll  make it null and void across all competition for fairness, otherwise it would be a legal nightmare.

1 hour ago, Jb85 said:

At least Ann budge  fights for her club as  they would probably stay up after the split

She has a point as still to much to play for  so null and void and start again next season is the fairest way forward.

4 minutes ago, Shuggy said:

The celtic train is now departing from platform 9 sorry 8 and 3/4

It's broken down at 8 back to the start ya horrible vile bastards!

Do the bookies pay out to the people that said years ago the scum wouldn't get ten ?

On 14/03/2020 at 13:25, The Dude said:

But those games will be moot if the season is ended here. It'll be purely on games that have actually been played. 

If I was a lawyer then I would love to take this argument to court. You can argue that we took it easy for those games in order to go full pelt for the rest of the season. Tactics, no? Cannot happen!

2 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

It's broken down at 8 back to the start ya horrible vile bastards!

Do the bookies pay out to the people that said years ago the scum wouldn't get ten ?

Couldn't resist the Harry Potter analogy. If the SFA cave in to Liewell, the Tims will be after title 9 3/4 next season!

2 minutes ago, johanhentze said:

If I was a lawyer then I would love to take this argument to court. You can argue that we took it easy for those games in order to go full pelt for the rest of the season. Tactics, no? Cannot happen!

That would be a foolish argument to make. The title is outwith our gift so even if we took it easy to go full pelt, we could win every game between now and end of the season and still not be champions.

3 minutes ago, The Dude said:

That would be a foolish argument to make. The title is outwith our gift so even if we took it easy to go full pelt, we could win every game between now and end of the season and still not be champions.

Its foolish to make the counterpoint. But at the same time we COULD win every game and be champions. This is my point... it has to be voided. The Liverpool situation will be argued, but I would ask every Club.. if not all agree then its voided. Simple.

7 minutes ago, johanhentze said:

I’m no lawyer but it should be easy enough to argue. The circumstances are such that the league can’t be completed. C13 in the rule book states that 38 games shall be played in one season, unfortunately this season we can’t adhere to this rule. As such the season should be made void.

Just now, Howsitgoing said:

I’m no lawyer but it should be easy enough to argue. The circumstances are such that the league can’t be completed. C13 in the rule book states that 38 games shall be played in one season, unfortunately this season we can’t adhere to this rules. As such the season should be made void.

Agree. It is simple, really. All clubs should be asked, however, but if it is not 100% agreement, then the leagues should be voided.

Yes it should be put to a democratic vote for all the clubs in the top flight. As simple as possible... ' Should the league be made null and void this season or should honours be awarded, and relegations applied as current positions stand.'

Just now, BookWorm said:

Yes it should be put to a democratic vote for all the clubs in the top flight. As simple as possible... ' Should the league be made null and void this season or should honours be awarded, and relegations applied as current positions stand.'

We will lose then

Archived