Sign in to follow this  
MacBoyd

The coronavirus and the sfa

Just now, pollok-bear said:

We should all start ignoring him mate and not even replying to him. He is loving the attention mate. Just another chris sutton.

Wouldn’t mind if he was at least looking at both sides of the debate, but it’s the Scum have to be awarded the title no matter what. 

Blumhoilann and pollok-bear like this

19 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

It’s this simple Rangers should simply say they won’t play another game in Scottish football if the Scum get a title for nothing. 

Then Rangers won't play another game of football.

17 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Wouldn’t mind if he was at least looking at both sides of the debate, but it’s the Scum have to be awarded the title no matter what. 

I've looked at both sides of the debate. There's nothing from one side that's made me think that the SPFL's position is wrong.

59 minutes ago, The Dude said:

I've looked at both sides of the debate. There's nothing from one side that's made me think that the SPFL's position is wrong.

If you leave the SPFL rule book aside(assuming all that chat is correct) the obvious thing from a Sporting point of view Is to null and void the season. I can’t see how that can be argued against. If the SPFL rulebook does say that celtic should be given the title and hearts relegated then it is quite clearly wrong, regardless of whether we signed up for that or not.

surfsup2 and Blumhoilann like this

2 hours ago, the old guard said:

Surely uefa will decide this, it has to be the same decision for every league, no cherry picking can be allowed to happen. 

I would think so,  because how do you determine what lead is big enough? Also games in hand, player suspenions,  form, injuries, difficulty of remaining fixtures etc etc.  

They might still 'award' the titles to the teams in the lead or may indeed  make them all null and void - i think its one or the other as there is no prospect of playing the remaining games imo.  I dont imagine they want this to run on forever either.

17 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

I wonder if Rangers will have a similar announcement.

Can only hope but sadly I think they’ll be given it. 

Sweetheart likes this

32 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

I wonder if Rangers will have a similar announcement.

Hope not until we hear more. I think it will go our way without us getting involved. UEFA will never gift leagues to teams like barca who are just ahead.

Sweetheart and tomger like this

Just now, MacBoyd said:

Hope not until we hear more. I think it will go our way without us getting involved. UEFA will never gift leagues to teams like barca who are just ahead.

Agreed.

I think when UEFA meet on Tuesday they'll  make it null and void across all competition for fairness, otherwise it would be a legal nightmare.

6 hours ago, The Dude said:

No, I've spoken to officials at clubs who have been told by the SPFL that this is how they plan to proceed. One of those clubs are represented on the board.

Was that in the capacity of a journalist?

1 hour ago, Jb85 said:

At least Ann budge  fights for her club as  they would probably stay up after the split

She has a point as still to much to play for  so null and void and start again next season is the fairest way forward.

Jb85 and Sweetheart like this

4 minutes ago, Shuggy said:

The celtic train is now departing from platform 9 sorry 8 and 3/4

It's broken down at 8 back to the start ya horrible vile bastards!

Do the bookies pay out to the people that said years ago the scum wouldn't get ten ?

Sweetheart likes this

On 14/03/2020 at 13:25, The Dude said:

But those games will be moot if the season is ended here. It'll be purely on games that have actually been played. 

If I was a lawyer then I would love to take this argument to court. You can argue that we took it easy for those games in order to go full pelt for the rest of the season. Tactics, no? Cannot happen!