The coronavirus and the sfa

MacBoyd

I’m not sure if this has already been posted or not... don’t click on the bbc link!!

Scottish football is facing a call to declare the current campaign null and void due to the coronavirus outbreak.

According to the Press Association at least one Scottish Premiership club is ready to demand SPFL chief executive Neil Doncaster cancels the season if it cannot be completed, after all football in Scotland was postponed on Friday "until further notice".

A source told PA: "We don't see how titles, promotion or relegation can be agreed on any basis of sporting fairness."

ADVERTISEMENT

They added: "Perhaps prize money can be split on the basis of the current table.

"But the league should be ruled void and we start next season as we commenced this one.

"Making the season void is the best of a bunch of bad choices."

Uefa is to hold a video conference call on Tuesday to its 55 member nations, with all games already under their jurisdiction that were due to go ahead this week postponed.

celtic currently top the Premiership table by 13 points and manager Neil Lennon has already suggested his team should be declared champions if the season ends now.

don’t click on the bbc link!!

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/51901725

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

The Daily Record are doing live updates of how the impact of the pandemic is effecting Scottish football. https://www.BOYCOTT THIS LINK/sport/football/coronavirus-wipes-out-scottish-football-21698972

Why isn't the SFA doing this?

They're not trying to sell anything, the Record will want to fuel debate. I guess it's probably not a good idea for the public to see the SFA's machinations. There's likely to be a lot of debate and intensive lobbying before a conclusion/compromise is reached. For my part, I may not be happy with it, but I'd be surprised if the season isn't declared over with finishing places as they are now based on points achieved rather than those available.  If that is the case there should be no attempt to complete the Cup competition and accommodate/ compensate those that are on the wrong end of a decision.

Watching sky sports news. Lots of ex liverpool players on, all of them understandably don't want the league scraped. However, I honestly haven't seen one suggest they should be gifted the title like that shameful cult across the city are.

59 minutes ago, MacBoyd said:

Watching sky sports news. Lots of ex liverpool players on, all of them understandably don't want the league scraped. However, I honestly haven't seen one suggest they should be gifted the title like that shameful cult across the city are.

Maybe the only club in Europe that have publically demanded the league and you can bet they won't stop anytime soon.

They are utterly shameless.

24 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

Maybe the only club in Europe that have publically demanded the league and you can bet they won't stop anytime soon.

They are utterly shameless.

The press aren't even ridiculing them, its crazy the power they have.

4 minutes ago, pollok-bear said:

Fuck the dude cheerleading taig loving bastard 

Should have tagged him in then we could have went for another 84 pages of the same shite repeated over and over from everyone 

edit-Too late 😆

1 minute ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

Sad that you get a buzz from repeatedly vexing and belittling Bears on here. 

But a nuisance of a boy.

Aye, lets compare the two posts and see which one is more disagreeable.

"Fuck the dude cheerleading taig loving bastard " in a thread I've not posted in for a couple of days.

OR

"In your head rent fucking free. 😂"

Gies peace.

Just now, The Dude said:

Aye, lets compare the two posts and see which one is more disagreeable.

"Fuck the dude cheerleading taig loving bastard " in a thread I've not posted in for a couple of days.

OR

"In your head rent fucking free. 😂"

Gies peace.

What are you trying to achieve here? We know your views on what will/should happen. They go against all other Rangers fans, Rangers Football Club, everyone I've seen talk on sky sports about English football and surprisingly a good few tarriers.

You are either trying to antagonize everyone on here or hope your predictions come true so you can tell us all how clever you are, again. Either way pretty sad.

2 minutes ago, MacBoyd said:

What are you trying to achieve here? We know your views on what will/should happen. They go against all other Rangers fans, Rangers Football Club, everyone I've seen talk on sky sports about English football and surprisingly a good few tarriers.

You are either trying to antagonize everyone on here or hope your predictions come true so you can tell us all how clever you are, again. Either way pretty sad.

I don't need you all to tell me how clever I am.

I was just on seeing what happened (if anything over the last couple of hours) but it appears some posters re just that obsessed with me they just can't not talk about me.

2 hours ago, The Dude said:

In your head rent fucking free. 😂 

You've been saying for days now that with the rules being what they are then the spfl will be right , going by their rules, to award the title to celtic going with the as is placings. Fair enough if that's what you think. But youre on follow follow tonight saying you would hope Stewart Robertson fights it all the way. Do you think Rangers should fight this or not? Cos youre confusing me if im honest.

15 minutes ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

There will be no football played between now and the date used today for the leagues to be complete.

Madness to think their will.

Edit....this is an opinion. 🙄

Projected peak is end of June ,no chance we are playing here until early August IMO

1 minute ago, MurrayWilson said:

You've been saying for days now that with the rules being what they are then the spfl will be right , going by their rules, to award the title to celtic going with the as is placings. Fair enough if that's what you think. But youre on follow follow tonight saying you would hope Stewart Robertson fights it all the way. Do you think Rangers should fight this or not? Cos youre confusing me if im honest.

If Rangers think the rules are interpreted wrong, and the statement put says they do, then I'd absolutely expect Robertson to fight it all the way. It doesn't mean I think they have any great chance of success but you can't put out a statement saying 'we will not be found wanting' and then be found wanting.

2 minutes ago, magic8ball said:

Projected peak is end of June ,no chance we are playing here until early August IMO

Agreed. UEFA should be listening to the experts and calling all football off and planning to hopefully start a new season in August.

Most teams aren’t training because of the risks. 

By the time this reaches its peak teams would need to go through a full pre season to get up to speed.

No fucking danger is this season getting completed. 👍

Just now, The Dude said:

If Rangers think the rules are interpreted wrong, and the statement put says they do, then I'd absolutely expect Robertson to fight it all the way. It doesn't mean I think they have any great chance of success but you can't put out a statement saying 'we will not be found wanting' and then be found wanting.

So you think we should fight it for no reason other than that.? Youre getting yourself in a right muddle with this.

Archived