The coronavirus and the sfa

MacBoyd

Utter madness the season is still being considered for completion, this is going to rumble on for months and then what happens when players contracts run out and loan players return to parent clubs? How are clubs meant to field teams that played in the first part of the season or even field a full team in some cases.

Would make far more sense to just call it and start thinking about how a 20/21 season can be accommodated because right now with 3 countries in the eu in lockdown and more to follow its crazy that some still think normal service will resume in a few weeks time.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Shuggy said:

So I take it UEFA offered no guidance on how seasons should be resolved - apart from moving Euro2020 which implies FAs should reschedule games over summer?

Only thing uefa have said is domestic seasons should be completed by June 30th. That is very unrealistic with everything currently going on. 

33 minutes ago, dummiesoot said:

@The Dude has some stamina to keep on here arguing with folk beneath him almost full time :pipe:

It's cruel to keep feeding delusional social misfits compliments Sir. 

The man needs help and some pity rather than blowing smoke up his arse. 😄

11 minutes ago, Shuggy said:

So I take it UEFA offered no guidance on how seasons should be resolved - apart from moving Euro2020 which implies FAs should reschedule games over summer?

No implication, they've been told that's what they should do - if possible.

4 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

Only thing uefa have said is domestic seasons should be completed by June 30th. That is very unrealistic with everything currently going on. 

The UEFA 55 were all in agreement to this and pledged to see it through. I think it is just buying UEFA time to come up with a plan B before the virus gets worse.

31 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

The UEFA 55 were all in agreement to this and pledged to see it through. I think it is just buying UEFA time to come up with a plan B before the virus gets worse.

I was thinking it was more to do with their champions league and Europa competitions. They need the leagues decided before they start again next season. 

13 minutes ago, Howsitgoing said:

I was thinking it was more to do with their champions league and Europa competitions. They need the leagues decided before they start again next season. 

This is it. Leagues who play a summer seasons will already know which teams are entering based on their 2019 season Leagues like ours who play a winter season need to determine the teams for 19/20 before UEFA can get their competitions going. 

Let's just say we do get back to playing football and we do complete the season by June 30th, if anyone is going to be slightly rocked by all this shit its them. 

Because let's face it, we sure as fuck couldn't have got any worse before this break. Actually, we could have, but at least someone has pressed the pause button on the freefall we were in.

So, let's scud them twice and go on a run while they have a shot of collapsing.

Anything can happen.

20 minutes ago, Howsitgoing said:

Possibly. I see it as buying time so that they can come up with a plan before the virus peaks.

I predict  they'll look after the big money making competitions first, whilst addressing the situation around transfer windows, registration periods, loan players, contract extensions relaxing FFP rules etc so that clubs can still run that side of the business. I think leagues outside of the big money circle will be dealt with by a UEFA panel to find solutions by discussing it with the governing bodies, various football association and the clubs involved, so that CAS is a last resort option. 

16 minutes ago, 35 Yard Dangerman said:

Let's just say we do get back to playing football and we do complete the season by June 30th, if anyone is going to be slightly rocked by all this shit its them. 

Because let's face it, we sure as fuck couldn't have got any worse before this break. Actually, we could have, but at least someone has pressed the pause button on the freefall we were in.

So, let's scud them twice and go on a run while they have a shot of collapsing.

Anything can happen.

There is no chance of any professional football in the UK before August.

One of the experts yesterday quoting 20,000 dead as a “good outcome”

Fifa, UEFA, Olympics, Wimbledon etc should all stop fannying about and be straight about the fact that we’ll be lucky to be playing again this year.

Setting a date of June 30 is cowardly and irresponsible. In our case, it means handing over decisions to people who can’t be trusted either in terms of bias or competence.

Only winners in this fiasco will be lawyers.

19 minutes ago, Colin Traive said:

Fifa, UEFA, Olympics, Wimbledon etc should all stop fannying about and be straight about the fact that we’ll be lucky to be playing again this year.

Setting a date of June 30 is cowardly and irresponsible. In our case, it means handing over decisions to people who can’t be trusted either in terms of bias or competence.

:tu:

Top post as usual mate ..... too many  sporting authorities hedging their bets .... time to get real and wake up to the fact this virus is deadly serious.

🇬🇧

3 hours ago, The Dude said:

I don't think it is, he's critical of Lennon for his comments (as well as Rangers and Hearts) but it's a mental plan either way

https://www.nottheoldfirm.com/exclusive/exclusive-jim-duffy-calls-for-scottish-football-unity-as-he-outlines-closed-doors-idea/

Complains straight away he's not keen on Rangers and Hearts making their opinions known. 

Then states Lennon.'s opinion a week ago. 

Then comes out with his own opinions.

Another one who for his status is too far up his own arse.

5 minutes ago, tannerall said:

Complains straight away he's not keen on Rangers and Hearts making their opinions known. 

Then states Lennon.'s opinion a week ago. 

Then comes out with his own opinions.

Another one who for his status is too far up his own arse.

The order the sections of interview are put into the artice aren't always the exact order they come in the conversation. It wasn't me who spoke to Jim so couldn't say what order anything as said it.

38 minutes ago, Shuggy said:

So basically wait and see how this plague progresses.

Since Italy is the most advanced, I guess nobody is thinking of a restart until Italian football restarts?

Saw somewhere last night the Italians have pencilled in a date early in May ,might have been the 7th 🥺

we are at least 3 weeks behind that but we are projected to peak late June 

5 minutes ago, The Dude said:

The order the sections of interview are put into the artice aren't always the exact order they come in the conversation. It wasn't me who spoke to Jim so couldn't say what order anything as said it.

All the right words in all the wrong order then.   Amazing. But not suprrising in current Scottish journalism. 🤣

Regardless of my first humourous point there, the key statements are still relevant. 

He suggests he is not keen on statements from Rangers and Hearts. Suggests Lennon made a statement a week before, then states his own opinion. The timeline is pretty apparent and the key points quite transparent.

Too far up his own arse in my opinion.

44 minutes ago, Colin Traive said:

One minute I'm glad of the season being suspended, next minute I'm raging with them possibly becoming champions, a minute further on and I'm all game for two game a week shootout till the league is decided, now this minute theres no football till August.

This is a complete head fuck of the highest order.

25 minutes ago, magic8ball said:

Saw somewhere last night the Italians have pencilled in a date early in May ,might have been the 7th 🥺

we are at least 3 weeks behind that but we are projected to peak late June 

There isn’t a peak as such with this new method, it is all about keeping levels manageable for nhs to cope, when it fails completely is when we will see full lockdown ie enforced closures of pubs, curfews etc which I don’t think we are far away from, we could be in this for for a long time. 

25 minutes ago, GovanFrontSince96 said:

There isn’t a peak as such with this new method, it is all about keeping levels manageable for nhs to cope, when it fails completely is when we will see full lockdown ie enforced closures of pubs, curfews etc which I don’t think we are far away from, we could be in this for for a long time. 

Will depend what plan they actually run with ,changes almost by the day ,

Archived