Sign in to follow this  
MacBoyd

The coronavirus and the sfa

5 minutes ago, The Dude said:

I don't think it is, he's critical of Lennon for his comments (as well as Rangers and Hearts) but it's a mental plan either way

https://www.nottheoldfirm.com/exclusive/exclusive-jim-duffy-calls-for-scottish-football-unity-as-he-outlines-closed-doors-idea/

Has he factored in the fact that this virus hasn’t even kicked in yet ,within 2 weeks it’s  likely that most teams will have players in isolation for the next 2 months making even closed doors games impossible ,Also what’s to stop somebody saying they have a cough to get a game cancelled 

3 minutes ago, magic8ball said:

Has he factored in the fact that this virus hasn’t even kicked in yet ,within 2 weeks it’s  likely that most teams will have players in isolation for the next 2 months making even closed doors games impossible ,Also what’s to stop somebody saying they have a cough to get a game cancelled 

No it doesn't seem that he has. I get the impression he thought it's just all a bit over-hyped and we should just be getting on with things.

15 minutes ago, The Dude said:

No it doesn't seem that he has. I get the impression he thought it's just all a bit over-hyped and we should just be getting on with things.

It’s worrying how many people think that. The people that are trying to play it down are the people that will drag it on longer and make it worse than it needs to be. 👍

The Dude likes this

1 minute ago, Amato said:

Not sure if this has been mentioned elsewhere but I see Michael Beale has said the league should be decided by the standings at the half way point when each team had played each other home and away:mutley: . Here's hoping we don't fuck our potential title clinching  game in hand.

If nothing else that will get the taigs spewing especially if you can’t play the extra game and we use TLBs idea of average points for that extra game 

I don’t think we should be awarded the title but this would be the best way of issuing the champions league place 

Bearsden bear likes this

30 minutes ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

It’s worrying how many people think that. The people that are trying to play it down are the people that will drag it on longer and make it worse than it needs to be. 👍

You 2 kissed and made up 🤣🤣🤣

bluenoz likes this

5 minutes ago, dummiesoot said:

@The Dude has some stamina to keep on here arguing with folk beneath him almost full time :pipe:

This energy is normally all used up traipsing around the country 😂 Fucking coronavirus has me firmly parked in the house.

So I take it UEFA offered no guidance on how seasons should be resolved - apart from moving Euro2020 which implies FAs should reschedule games over summer?

1 minute ago, Shuggy said:

So I take it UEFA offered no guidance on how seasons should be resolved - apart from moving Euro2020 which implies FAs should reschedule games over summer?

Only thing uefa have said is domestic seasons should be completed by June 30th. That is very unrealistic with everything currently going on. 

Bears r us likes this

33 minutes ago, dummiesoot said:

@The Dude has some stamina to keep on here arguing with folk beneath him almost full time :pipe:

It's cruel to keep feeding delusional social misfits compliments Sir. 

The man needs help and some pity rather than blowing smoke up his arse. 😄

dummiesoot likes this

11 minutes ago, Shuggy said:

No implication, they've been told that's what they should do - if possible.

4 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

Only thing uefa have said is domestic seasons should be completed by June 30th. That is very unrealistic with everything currently going on. 

The UEFA 55 were all in agreement to this and pledged to see it through. I think it is just buying UEFA time to come up with a plan B before the virus gets worse.

Bearsden bear likes this

31 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

The UEFA 55 were all in agreement to this and pledged to see it through. I think it is just buying UEFA time to come up with a plan B before the virus gets worse.

I was thinking it was more to do with their champions league and Europa competitions. They need the leagues decided before they start again next season. 

The Dude likes this

13 minutes ago, Howsitgoing said:

I was thinking it was more to do with their champions league and Europa competitions. They need the leagues decided before they start again next season. 

This is it. Leagues who play a summer seasons will already know which teams are entering based on their 2019 season Leagues like ours who play a winter season need to determine the teams for 19/20 before UEFA can get their competitions going. 

Howsitgoing likes this

Let's just say we do get back to playing football and we do complete the season by June 30th, if anyone is going to be slightly rocked by all this shit its them. 

Because let's face it, we sure as fuck couldn't have got any worse before this break. Actually, we could have, but at least someone has pressed the pause button on the freefall we were in.

So, let's scud them twice and go on a run while they have a shot of collapsing.

Anything can happen.

20 minutes ago, Howsitgoing said:

Possibly. I see it as buying time so that they can come up with a plan before the virus peaks.

I predict  they'll look after the big money making competitions first, whilst addressing the situation around transfer windows, registration periods, loan players, contract extensions relaxing FFP rules etc so that clubs can still run that side of the business. I think leagues outside of the big money circle will be dealt with by a UEFA panel to find solutions by discussing it with the governing bodies, various football association and the clubs involved, so that CAS is a last resort option. 

Howsitgoing likes this

So basically wait and see how this plague progresses.

Since Italy is the most advanced, I guess nobody is thinking of a restart until Italian football restarts?

Sweetheart likes this

19 minutes ago, Colin Traive said:

There is no chance of any professional football in the UK before August.

One of the experts yesterday quoting 20,000 dead as a “good outcome”

Fifa, UEFA, Olympics, Wimbledon etc should all stop fannying about and be straight about the fact that we’ll be lucky to be playing again this year.

Setting a date of June 30 is cowardly and irresponsible. In our case, it means handing over decisions to people who can’t be trusted either in terms of bias or competence.

Only winners in this fiasco will be lawyers.

:tu:

Top post as usual mate ..... too many  sporting authorities hedging their bets .... time to get real and wake up to the fact this virus is deadly serious.

🇬🇧

Bears r us and Colin Traive like this

3 hours ago, The Dude said:

I don't think it is, he's critical of Lennon for his comments (as well as Rangers and Hearts) but it's a mental plan either way

https://www.nottheoldfirm.com/exclusive/exclusive-jim-duffy-calls-for-scottish-football-unity-as-he-outlines-closed-doors-idea/

Complains straight away he's not keen on Rangers and Hearts making their opinions known. 

Then states Lennon.'s opinion a week ago. 

Then comes out with his own opinions.

Another one who for his status is too far up his own arse.