The coronavirus and the sfa

MacBoyd

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

Scum will jump on this 

past winners to be invited and all that shite

Think that would rule the scum out they’ve never won Champions league. 👍🏻It should really be teams that were part of the inaugural Champions  league. 😀

1 minute ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Just reading that now, his quotes read quite differently to the headline:

"I've saw and heard some again fake news that Uefa will advise leagues to finish the championships now and decide that the winners are the ones who are number one now," the UEFA boss said.

"I can say that it's not true. Our goal is to finish the leagues and we didn't recommend anything like that to any association or any league."

6 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Just reading that now, his quotes read quite differently to the headline:

"I've saw and heard some again fake news that Uefa will advise leagues to finish the championships now and decide that the winners are the ones who are number one now," the UEFA boss said.

"I can say that it's not true. Our goal is to finish the leagues and we didn't recommend anything like that to any association or any league."

However Ceferin has deemed the idea that league leaders will be handed the title as 'fake news.' "I've saw and heard some again fake news that Uefa will advise leagues to finish the championships now and decide that the winners are the ones who are number one now," the UEFA boss said.

Why did you not include the 1st part, puts a different perspective on it doesn’t it, one that matches the headlines. 

9 minutes ago, Howsitgoing said:

However Ceferin has deemed the idea that league leaders will be handed the title as 'fake news.' "I've saw and heard some again fake news that Uefa will advise leagues to finish the championships now and decide that the winners are the ones who are number one now," the UEFA boss said.

Why did you not include the 1st part, puts a different perspective on it doesn’t it, one that matches the headlines. 

Yes the guy is definitely saying leagues that aren’t completed won’t have teams declared champions. 

That is the correct way to do it.

I have said all along you cannot be declared a winner without actually winning something. 

It might be harsh but that’s how it goes. 

There are leagues with teams looking certain to win and leagues where it’s wide open.

You cannot separate them in my opinion when none are complete.

8 minutes ago, Howsitgoing said:

My mistake, on my phone and copied the full thing. 

And it still doesn't say what the headline claims. 

Their goal has always been to finish the leagues, if you back through all my posts I've said time and again that I expected they'd put a deadline on it rather than just put out a blanket decision on finishing competitions. 

Just now, Dave Hedgehog said:

Yes the guy is definitely saying leagues that aren’t completed won’t have teams declared champions. 

I have said all along you cannot be declared a winner without actually winning something. 

There are leagues with teams looking certain to win and leagues where it’s wide open.

Where does he say that? Thats not in the quotes published. He says the reports they were going to make a decision to just hand trophies out now were fake news and the want games to be played. 

Theres nothing there that suggests what happens if they don't. 

2 minutes ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

To be honest, I dont think it is saying that.

It is saying that Uefa have not, and probably will not tell associations to give out the prize to the team currently on top.

It does not say that Uefa will stop leagues doing it if that is the route they go down.

2 minutes ago, The Dude said:

My mistake, on my phone and copied the full thing. 

And it still doesn't say what the headline claims. 

Their goal has always been to finish the leagues, if you back through all my posts I've said time and again that I expected they'd put a deadline on it rather than just put out a blanket decision on finishing competitions. 

Think we are all in agreement even sfa/spfl that it’s a deadline that can’t be completed. With that it confirms the headline.

Just now, Howsitgoing said:

Think we are all in agreement even sfa/spfl that it’s a deadline that can’t be completed. With that it confirms the headline.

It doesn't confirm the headline though. There's no point where he says how leagues should proceed if games aren't completed. There's nothing which even ambiguously hints at it. 

It doesn't confirm the headline though. There's no point where he says how leagues should proceed if games aren't completed. There's nothing which even ambiguously hints at it. 

"I cannot guarantee that the competition will end, as others have risked saying, before June 30. It is unfair that the competition ends with the classification as it is now."

If it doesn’t end then it’s void.

2 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

To be honest, I dont think it is saying that.

It is saying that Uefa have not, and probably will not tell associations to give out the prize to the team currently on top.

It does not say that Uefa will stop leagues doing it if that is the route they go down.

If they are saying they won’t declare a champion when there is no champion at this point then that’s fair enough.

We will still be in this exact same spot on June 30th. Their opinion won’t change from now until then. 

Thats what I was getting at even though I worded it really badly 😂👍

1 minute ago, Howsitgoing said:

"I cannot guarantee that the competition will end, as others have risked saying, before June 30. It is unfair that the competition ends with the classification as it is now."

Thats someone else completely that you are quoting (the head of the Spanish FA) 

1 minute ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

If they are saying they won’t declare a champion when there is no champion at this point then that’s fair enough.

We will still be in this exact same spot on June 30th. Their opinion won’t change from now until then. 

But it isnt up to Uefa to declare champions, it is up to the national bodies.

They have today denied that they are telling the national bodies what to do. They have not said that the national bodies will be told to null and void anything.

I think they should be doing exactly that, but they are shite, so they wont.

1 minute ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

But it isnt up to Uefa to declare champions, it is up to the national bodies.

They have today denied that they are telling the national bodies what to do. They have not said that the national bodies will be told to null and void anything.

I think they should be doing exactly that, but they are shite, so they wont.

UEFA will definitely have input in the final decisions because qualifications to their tournaments is one of the prizes.

Like you say though they will leave it up to individual associations creating an uneven/unfair scenario for a lot of clubs.

Your last sentence is spot on. 👍

5 minutes ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

They are saying they won't declare a champion now because they want to get games finished. 

If games are unable to be finished, there's nothing there from Ceferin even suggesting null and void. 

And once we reach June 30th it'll go back to domestic leagues to apply their own rules. 

Still highlights how absurd the whole situation is.

Ajax could be declared Champions, being level on points at the top of the league, and Liverpool could be denied the championship even though they are miles in the lead. All down to the discretion of their governing bodies and their interpretation of the rules.

From some leagues, you could have teams earning champions league spaces based on their current standing, other leagues, teams getting champions league spaces based on previous years standings.

Uefa should be coming to the front lines here and unifying the approach as the next European competitions are going to be a joke.

6 minutes ago, The Dude said:

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2881682-aleksander-ceferin-fake-news-uefa-will-advise-leagues-to-finish-early

This article elaborates his thoughts better, the SFA/SPFL have no chance to gift their team the title,

1 minute ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Still highlights how absurd the whole situation is.

Ajax could be declared Champions, being level on points at the top of the league, and Liverpool could be denied the championship even though they are miles in the lead. All down to the discretion of their governing bodies and their interpretation of the rules.

From some leagues, you could have teams earning champions league spaces based on their current standing, other leagues, teams getting champions league spaces based on previous years standings.

Uefa should be coming to the front lines here and unifying the approach as the next European competitions are going to be a joke.

The two scenarios you give with Ajax and Liverpool is why there has to be a universal decision.

You can’t for example say Ajax are winners when they are joint top and Liverpool aren’t when they are 25 points clear.

Its a crazy time for the game. The guys in suits have their work cut out 👍

Archived