Sign in to follow this  
MacBoyd

The coronavirus and the sfa

Just now, The Dude said:

Rangers could have at least kept there view quiet until things became a bit clearer on timescales and stuff. 

Hearts could have at least kept there view quiet until things became a bit clearer on timescales and stuff.

why should they? the scum came out with their senseless pish, unchallenged it would have became the SPFL solution. 

Just now, magic8ball said:

They couldn’t wait to get TLB out in front of the camera ,there was no need for that presser other than to push an agenda ,despite people defending him that he would have had the his opinion squeezed out of him ,the only reason he was there was to continue the propaganda Lego started 

It was already scheduled before the meeting to confirm ban and started just before it was announced. 

Just now, Brian Fantana said:

why should they? the scum came out with their senseless pish, unchallenged it would have became the SPFL solution. 

It already was their preferred solution if games couldn't be completed. 

2 minutes ago, The Dude said:

It was already scheduled before the meeting to confirm ban and started just before it was announced. 

There’s no way seperate entity didn’t know the ban wasn’t happening and public announcements on the way 

Just now, Dave Hedgehog said:

Can you show me where that was said?

Interview I posted with an SPFL chairman. Several other clubs had already confirmed it to us. 

5 minutes ago, The Dude said:

It already was their preferred solution if games couldn't be completed. 

Are you saying the preferred solution is to give the title to the spuds?

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

Interview I posted with an SPFL chairman. Several other clubs had already confirmed it to us. 

Did an SPFL chairman not make up a blatant lie the other day about the rules of abandonment? 

Have the SPFL themselves actually said it’s their preferred solution?

1 minute ago, magic8ball said:

There’s no way seperate entity didn’t know the ban wasn’t happening and public announcements on the way 

From what I've been told, the announcement wasn't expected for at least several hours. Clubs all knew the meeting was taking place but didn't expect the news to be made public so quickly. 

When it did, Lennon’s presser was already underway and the topic immediately turned to that. 

As I said at the time, I still think we shouldve held ours regardless, if even just to put out some platitudes and reassure fans 

1 minute ago, ZZed said:

Are you saying the preferred solution is to give the title to the spuds?

Yes. Unless anything has drastically changed in the last 24 hours or so. The preferred position of the SPFL is to stick with the standings and award titles, enforce relegation and scrap the playoffs. 

1 minute ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

Did an SPFL chairman not make up a blatant lie the other day about the rules of abandonment? 

Have the SPFL themselves actually said it’s their preferred solution?

It was Hamiltons owner, not the Chairman. 

They haven't publicly said it but they have informed clubs that is their position. 

2 minutes ago, The Dude said:

From what I've been told, the announcement wasn't expected for at least several hours. Clubs all knew the meeting was taking place but didn't expect the news to be made public so quickly. 

When it did, Lennon’s presser was already underway and the topic immediately turned to that. 

As I said at the time, I still think we shouldve held ours regardless, if even just to put out some platitudes and reassure fans 

Think we did the right thing not having one to be honest ,no knee jerk reaction allowed for a proper measured statement like we did on Monday 

They can try play it as much as they want. 

Government will decide when things get up and running. 

Uefa have already decided it needs to be done by the end of June. 

If it isn’t it’ll be null and void. Pathetic if we’re continuing this  season in July or August when the new one should start. 

1 minute ago, born a blue nose said:

Epl playing to a finish, that will be the view of the spl tae no doubt 

And how exactly are they going to manage that before the end of June ,

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

It was Hamiltons owner, not the Chairman. 

They haven't publicly said it but they have informed clubs that is their position. 

So a lie was peddled by a member club who according to you had already been informed of the endgame should abandonment happen? 

Thats very odd to say the least.

Now that we have a new investor on the horizon, I can't wait to sign Cavani & Willian as free agents to get us back in the title race whenever that takes place.

Wishful thinking by anyone who thinks there is a solution to continuing this season.

4 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Yes. Unless anything has drastically changed in the last 24 hours or so. The preferred position of the SPFL is to stick with the standings and award titles, enforce relegation and scrap the playoffs. 

So, Rangers will be denied the chance of winning the league, the prize money for being first and the Champions League money that will go with it. Rangers ok with this?

1 minute ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

So a lie was peddled by a member club who according to you had already been informed of the endgame should abandonment happen? 

Thats very odd to say the least.

Is it? Its about as odd as Rangers and Hearts threatening action against something everyone on here is insistent the SPFL can't do and won't do.