The coronavirus and the sfa

MacBoyd

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, born a blue nose said:

So you think that the EPL is going to play as many matches as it can, then decide to null and void the league when they’ve got 2 fixtures still to play come the 30th of June? 😂 

you might be literate, but you’ve not got much brains to back it up. 

No. I don't think they will get to play ANY games between now and June 30th.

They might say they want to, but I fully expect that circumstances will mean they don't get to. And there's not a fucking chance they'll be continuing the season in August/September when this finally starts to ease.

The morally correct thing to do would be to cancel all tournaments this season and dedicate next season's tournaments and trophies  (whenever it happens)  to all the victims of the Covid 19 epidemic.

Nothing more nothing less. Humanity and compassion much, much more important than football.

2 minutes ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

If I remember correctly it was posted on here or elsewhere that they were going ahead with a press conference, even when they knew the game was cancelled, or very likely to be cancelled.

We were going ahead with ours until it was officially cancelled

37 minutes ago, MisterC said:

I think a dance off is the best option 

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Of all the great options out there mate ..... the only dance that that I could think of that epitomised the SPFL's  dubious pro scum thought process ..... would have to be ...... The Twist ...... nothing else comes closer ..... :p:

:UK:

2 minutes ago, The Dude said:

No. I don't think they will get to play ANY games between now and June 30th.

They might say they want to, but I fully expect that circumstances will mean they don't get to. And there's not a fucking chance they'll be continuing the season in August/September when this finally starts to ease.

Am no saying they are either. I’m saying they will play beyond that even if they need to play until September to finish the league.

they've literally just said this 😂

arsenal back in to training on Tuesday tae, they don’t seem too bothered about this pandemic 

10 minutes ago, The Dude said:

No, bu the coronavirus made it so that no more games are going to be played for several months.

The SPFL feel they are acting within their rules. (It's fairly well argued ground on here over the last few days).

It very well could get messy.

Doesn't matter. Corperate Law could close down the SPFL, if it is decided they acted and broke the law by denying 1 company a chance to make money to the benefit of another company. It is one of the key fundamentals of Corperate Law and FIFA, Uefa, SFA and the SPFL all have to obey the law. If they SPFL do this then they are open to a law suit that could finnish them. Rangers need to tell them that they will challenge this decision in the courts.

2 hours ago, Blue_Devil said:

Runaway leaders Dundee United insist they don't want to be crowned winners of the Championship without the remainder of matches being played. (Daily Mail, print edition)

Are they saying they don’t want promotion, though? Doubt they’d be that fussed not to be crowned champions if they still went up.

1 minute ago, Blumhoilann said:

Seems strange to me that an alleged Rangers fan would defend TLB/Cellic viewpoint but is happy to condemn Rangers viewpoint on the same subject??????? 😞

Not condemned Rangers' viewpoint but it's one I don't agree with based on the info I have.

1 minute ago, born a blue nose said:

Am no saying they are either. I’m saying they will play beyond that even if they need to play until September to finish the league.

they've literally just said this 😂

arsenal back in to training on Tuesday tae, they don’t seem too bothered about this pandemic 

They've literally not said this. They've extended the season 'indefinitely' beyond June 1st.

There's nothing in there that says they will ignore UEFA's deadline.

4 minutes ago, tannerall said:

The morally correct thing to do would be to cancel all tournaments this season and dedicate next season's tournaments and trophies  (whenever it happens)  to all the victims of the Covid 19 epidemic.

Nothing more nothing less. Humanity and compassion much, much more important than football.

This.

3 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Not condemned Rangers' viewpoint but it's one I don't agree with based on the info I have.

You've sounded like a pretentious prick the last few days in these threads tbh

Just now, Blumhoilann said:

By stating that Rangers should have kept quiet/said nothing is most certainly condemning their statement.

Could. If people are so adamant it's not the right time to be talking about it, that applies across the board - or is it just a race to the bottom?

1 minute ago, magic8ball said:

UEFA said they want leagues finished by June 30th ,as it stands they will be needing names for next years tournaments ,

For all we know this could get even worse and there could have to be no European football next season 

7 minutes ago, tannerall said:

Won’t be very long before this idea becomes far more sensible than squabbling over who wins what and when we start playing again 👍

I don't think the Dude is wanting to give the title to septic but is giving the counter point arguement that he is hearing from others. Please can remember that others are stating/arguing for the things the Dude is reporting to us.

46 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Rangers could have at least kept there view quiet until things became a bit clearer on timescales and stuff. 

Hearts could have at least kept there view quiet until things became a bit clearer on timescales and stuff.

Absolutely not!

You had been on here telling us that the SPFL had made up their minds and were crowning champions. You stated that they were telling clubs this.

Rangers and Hearts were quite right to come out and highlight that it was wrong to do this.

I dont believe Rangers or Hearts have come out and stated what should happen, just that now is not the time for rash decisions, unlike anther team who are demanding they are declared the winners.

Archived