Class Act, A Privilege To Watch Football Of That Level.

tannerall

They were nothing special tonight. Possibly the third best European side we have seen at Ibrox this season. Saying that I think they played in second gear and had more if needed but we were put off and scared by the pricetags tonight 

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, tannerall said:

A whole thread filled with  idiots  who think we are on par with Leverkusen, and should have got a result.

You really, really  could not make it up. 

Man Utd are the team to beat in the Europa, they are a level above Bayer.

If we played the way we had before Xmas we would have pressed the ball better in the first half but Morelos looked unintrested in doing the chasing. If one player doesn't do it others think what's the point in them doing it? Breeds laziness.

Secondhalf Flo came on and done the running we looked like that team again, high press,  make them play the ball quicker than they want to,

Barasic scores that free kick and it's a different game.

End of the day Rangers done what you are doing in this thread showed them far too much respect.

6 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

Alky. Just die, I stand by that. 

Oozing with hatred, try lying down and thinking it over, all that standing seems to be affecting the blood circulation to your brain cells (both).

1 hour ago, tannerall said:

Well done Bayer Leverkusen.

But who'd have thought a few years back, we'd even be trying to compete against the top European teams of this calibre ?. 

Even though we lost it was the same way as I enjoyed our 3-1 defeats against Ajax with Cruyff in 1972, and Valencia with Kempes  in 1980.  Two of the best teams I was privileged to see grace our Ibrox turf. 

Those Germans are at the top of their trade, seasoned internationals, playing in one of the toughest leagues in Europe with squads worth a few  100 million.They could play against any of the top teams and succeed.

And I've got to say even though we lost. quite simply Bayer were different class. A joy to watch and amazingly for 15 minutes in the early stages of the second half we played them off the park, even dragged ourselves back into the game until the gulf in class prevailed. 

But respect to the players and Gerrard, against one of the top teams we gave our all, beaten only by the  difference between our curent status and that of world class performers. 

Fair enough, I was at the Valencia game too and they did go onto win the tournament. But let's see how far this team goes.

We've  punched above our weight in Europe this season and beaten some good teams along the way . Unfortunately tonight was just one too many , but it wasn't through lack of effort . Credit to the team , what they were short of in technical ability , they made up with in effort and determination . There was even a moment I thought we may actually pull this off . . . .again . 

22 minutes ago, HuistraHairDo said:

Man Utd are the team to beat in the Europa, they are a level above Bayer.

If we played the way we had before Xmas we would have pressed the ball better in the first half but Morelos looked unintrested in doing the chasing. If one player doesn't do it others think what's the point in them doing it? Breeds laziness.

Secondhalf Flo came on and done the running we looked like that team again, high press,  make them play the ball quicker than they want to,

Barasic scores that free kick and it's a different game.

End of the day Rangers done what you are doing in this thread showed them far too much respect.

Man Utd are pish

1 hour ago, kaiser1041 said:

We gifted them goals with piss poor defending whilst carrying that fat tit upfront 

Shagger made one real save and 2 comfy ones. For all they were gokd with the ball penalty and 3rd wrre gifted. 

23 minutes ago, weejoseph said:

Gave them far too much respect for first 55 minutes. An average European side that were there for the taking. 

Agreed . Far too often we've given teams a 45 minute start before we get going . 

1 hour ago, jjbscotty12 said:

I thought they were actually bang average.

I think they had several gears to go up if they wanted to. 1st half was almost a training session for them.

1 minute ago, Cedrick said:

Folk raving about Leverkusen , I didn’t see it, it was a boring game , fuck all happed and their 3 goals were avoidable as per 

Mate sutton slaughtered Tav at second. Dont know how you seen it but with everyobe missing it and him seeing it late i thought it was a good clearenxe and a great hit

The mistakes for me in that goal came earlier on. 

Maybe just me, how you see it.?

2 minutes ago, gmcf said:

Agreed . Far too often we've given teams a 45 minute start before we get going . 

Agreed, we rolled out the red carpet for them in the first half before we realised they are not gods.

1 minute ago, Rfc52 said:

Mate sutton slaughtered Tav at second. Dont know how you seen it but with everyobe missing it and him seeing it late i thought it was a good clearenxe and a great hit

The mistakes for me in that goal came earlier on. 

Maybe just me, how you see it.?

I’m down the other end looked to me like clearance right to the boy , but it’s not always clear what’s happening bromloan end , my heart wasn’t in my mouth and didn’t think it was wave after wave of attack from them , we put them under more pressure for the 15 mins kamberi came on than they put us under the full game 

Just now, Cedrick said:

I’m down the other end looked to me like clearance right to the boy , but it’s not always clear what’s happening bromloan end , my heart wasn’t in my mouth and didn’t think it was wave after wave of attack from them , we put them under more pressure for the 15 mins kamberi came on than they put us under the full game 

Aye it went right to him mate but it was really all he could do imo

3 players missed ir and it went through to tav he flicked a foot out. But the cross shouldbt have came back in and for all tavs critics i rhink they let borna away with loads more. 

I like hoth btw 

Archived