Class Act, A Privilege To Watch Football Of That Level.

tannerall

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They were a good team. Kept the ball well and were clinical. Typical German team in Europe.

They weren’t unbeatable though. Our pre-Christmas form would have given them a good game. And ultimately it was two individual errors (again) and then a great bit of play that undid us. 

Cunts booing the team off at half time was the most ridiculous thing I’ve seen in a while. 

9 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

They were a good team. Kept the ball well and were clinical. Typical German team in Europe.

They weren’t unbeatable though. Our pre-Christmas form would have given them a good game. And ultimately it was two individual errors (again) and then a great bit of play that undid us. 

Cunts booing the team off at half time was the most ridiculous thing I’ve seen in a while. 

Again, thought it was the ref

10 hours ago, graeme_4 said:

Probably the glory hunters who don't respect themselves, their club, or football in general, unless they are winning,  Just like those on this thread suggesting we should have no respect for other European teams, especially better ones 

1 minute ago, ForeverAndEver said:

VAR being used for the penalty 

That’s how I saw (heard?) it, too.

We should be careful what we wish for with this VAR - be another device to expose wrongdoing by our players,  rather than expose officiating errors which should have gone in our favour.

13 hours ago, The Blues said:

How did Leverkusen get on in the champions league...pumped out...they are an average German team...we put in another 2020 lame performance....

They beat Atletico.

Remind me, they’ve had a rubbish week....

Edit - I agree- apart from about 20 mins, we were pretty lame.

Leverkusen are clearly a good side but not great, certainly not by Champs League Standards. We are where we are, good on our day but lacking depth in squad and key players who can consistently deliver domestically. Thought Jack would be our main man in midfield for years to come but he's injured too often Davis' legs have gone...Arfield has energy but no finesse...Would bring Docherty back as a start next season and potentially sign Lewis Ferguson...we need to be signing the best from the rest who are proven in the spl 

We’ve done really well this season In Europe but one thing I have noticed not taking anything away from us is how much the quality level has dropped throughout the once top European leagues , we couldn’t get near a top Dutch or Swiss side with the likes of laudrup and Gazza in the team , our current side have more than been a match for every European opposition this season with obviously a much lesser standard of player than the 2 mentioned above 

Any team would look good against a team that wouldn't even put a tackle in. Granted I only seen the first half as I had to go to work. But for it to be such an important game I was fucking disgusted with how we played in the first half. Reminded me so much of the first game against the scum. Gave them too much respect and stood off them and made it easy for them.

Archived