Class Act, A Privilege To Watch Football Of That Level.

tannerall

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To be honest Bayer barely got out of first gear. They are capable of playing so much better themselves.

It took us far too long to adjust to their gameplan and when we did, our quality was severely lacking and they punished us for it. They will be wondering how the fuck we got to the last 16 based on that performance. 

1 minute ago, Iakona said:

To be honest Bayer barely got out of first gear. They are capable of playing so much better themselves.

It took us far too long to adjust to their gameplan and when we did, our quality was severely lacking and punished us for it. They will be wondering how the fuck we got to the last 16 in that performance. 

I see it completely different. I thought we had a plan right from the off - but we didn’t have the quick attacking breaks we wanted. However I do concede that Kamberi on and Aribo off made a huge difference. I made a comment at half time, half joking, that we had played a nearly great away game except for the penalty.

As much as I dont think the OP is 100% correct, they didnt perform the way he has described them over the 90mins in my opinion, but lets not kid ourselves here, they are a top top quality outfit.

It reminded me of watching  an Olympic event where one of the top athletes in taking part in the heats, do just enough to make sure you qualify without really exerting yourself. Watching the game back, they really done whatever they wanted to without breaking sweat and although some people are saying they werent great, if you watch German football regularly you will see they had plenty of extra gears to go to if needed.

Sadly we didnt test them enough and if a 2nd leg is played it will be much the same, they might win by a couple of goals but they arent the type of team to win 4-5-6 nil playing unbelievable football. 

100% efficiency over extravagance! 

Archived