The league must be voided

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
36 minutes ago, The Ibrox Derry said:

C14 - 38 matches to be played disregarding abandoned/postponed matches.

What is your interpretation of the above?

I see it as 38 games must be played, if a game is postponed it has to be played at some point in the season, same with an abandoned game. But 38 games must be played.

3 minutes ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

I see it as 38 games must be played, if a game is postponed it has to be played at some point in the season, same with an abandoned game. But 38 games must be played.

Having regard for :tu:

Regardless - Abandoned/Postponed games (of no consequence/irrespective of) 

In other words: De Facto - A season consists of 38 games no more no less.

The Clubs for the time being entitled in terms of these Rules to participate in the Premiership shall, ignoring any abandoned or postponed matches, play in 38 League Matches in any one Season.

When drafting a legal document, the term shall is used to say that something must be done, this is why it’ll be void if 38 games can’t be completed. 

I see it as each team must complete 38 games and the winner is who ever has most points after those 38 games. Any game that has been postponed or has started and been called off during the game for what ever reason shall not count towards the 38 games required to complete the season. So in theory you could play or at least start more that 38 games in a season, however only if a game is concluded it will count towards the points tally and Be recognised as one of the 38 games required to complete the season. Only once all teams have played those 38 games, a winner can be determined 

4 minutes ago, wearethepeople1 said:

I see it as each team must complete 38 games and the winner is who ever has most points after those 38 games. Any game that has been postponed or has started and been called off during the game for what ever reason shall not count towards the 38 games required to complete the season. So in theory you could play or at least start more that 38 games in a season, however only if a game is concluded it will count towards the points tally and Be recognised as one of the 38 games required to complete the season. Only once all teams have played those 38 games, a winner can be determined 

Exactly what I said earlier only my description looked like a 10 year old described it  😂😂

56 minutes ago, Smile said:

celtic can't be crowned champions unless the league season is played to a finish claims Charlie Nicholas.

The Sky Sports pundit hit back at claims the Hoops should be handed the title even if the season is ended prematurely.
Celts boast a 13-point lead at the top of the table, and while Nicholas believes they would go on to win the competition he reckons it would be unfair for them to lift the title if the season is unable to be completed amid the coronavirus outbreak.

Scottish football was shutdown indefinitely with the conclusion of the season left up in the air, but Nicholas reckons nothing can be finalised with promotion, relegation or championship titles at stake because t would be unfair.

Speaking on Sky Sport, the former Hoops ace said: "You can't finish anything until it's concluded. I'm all for and I can understand people saying: 'This is celtic's title, they should be handed the title', but it's not finished, it's not complete.

"Will they win it? Of course they will win it. Will Liverpool win the Premier League title? Of course.

But you ask teams like Leeds. You have Karren Brady at West Ham saying it should be null and void and we should be starting again because they are safe but what about Bournemouth who have a game in hand of the three above them?

"So there are so many things that are unfair."

And while Nicholas appreciates the worry over how the footballing matters will be resolved, he called for fans to appreciate the bigger picture of the deadly Covid-19 bug spreading across the world.

"Nobody actually knows the time-frame on this.

This is why we have to be patient with each other. I think the decision was made with common sense and now we can hopefully get things back on.

"I'm patient and I support what they have done. It was the right decision.

"Everybody is trying to say: 'This is it', but we don't know the situation now so people have to understand that.

"In Scotland for many years we had to shut down because of bad weather but we managed to find a way and get that over the line.

"This is different and I'm not saying it's of the same significance but when I was a kid in 1981 there was a six-week shutdown because of the weather was so bad and the pitches were covered in ice.

"We just had to accept that a lot of the clubs were going to suffer financially because there was no income.

"Let's see what develops here. The whole aspect of football is not important here. It's not important who is the champions or relegated. International football isn't important here."

In these dystopian times, who would have known that Charlie would be the voice of sense?? Strange times indeed, but he is 100% spot on.

5 minutes ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

Exactly what I said earlier only my description looked like a 10 year old described it  😂😂

Mate a 10 year could understand it easy ffs. You complete 38 games. If you have the most points after those games, you win. Simple 

watch the dirty tarriers bastards demand the goalposts being moved and new rules to be implemented 

SPORTING INTEGRITY demands the season should be cancelled and no one crowned champions 

that’s my stance 

3 minutes ago, wearethepeople1 said:

Mate a 10 year could understand it easy ffs. You complete 38 games. If you have the most points after those games, you win. Simple 

watch the dirty tarriers bastards demand the goalposts being moved and new rules to be implemented 

SPORTING INTEGRITY demands the season should be cancelled and no one crowned champions 

that’s my stance 

Mines too mate. No fucking way does a trophy get handed out in an incomplete season 👍

4 minutes ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

Mines too mate. No fucking way does a trophy get handed out in an incomplete season 👍

If it ends tomorrow, they finish top of the league, but are not champions. 

If they give them it, we have to fight it all the way. The fans can’t keep seeing this club getting  treated like a doormat. We all blindly fling money at the club every month of the year, so we expect to be defended

Just now, wearethepeople1 said:

If it ends tomorrow, they finish top of the league, but are not champions. 

If they give them it, we have to fight it all the way. The fans can’t keep seeing this club getting  treated like a doormat. We all blindly fling money at the club every month of the year, so we expect to be defended

If it is finished tomorrow then they top nothing mate.

There is a blank in the history books next to season 2019/20 just like the years in WW2. 

3 minutes ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

If it is finished tomorrow then they top nothing mate.

There is a blank in the history books next to season 2019/20 just like the years in WW2. 

Aye that’s what I meant. They finish atop of an incompleted league season, no trophy for that 

32 minutes ago, wearethepeople1 said:

They will force the 38 games in that case over 2 years if it takes them. 

Just now, Redwhiteandblue said:

Every team should refuse that based on the integrity of the competition.

We were told that in 2008 that the season couldn’t be extended.

The seasons official end date is the date of the Scottish Cup Final.

It can’t pass that under any circumstances.

I always prayed their stance against us back then would come back and haunt them, 12 years later and here we are.

1 minute ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

If all teams in the league complete 38 games then fair enough. I still believe best to write this one off and get a complete season next year, but who knows what will happen. 

We will have a better idea on Tuesday 

7 minutes ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

Rangers get next years champions league spot then, they got further in the European campaigns. It can’t be the league winners that decide it as at that point there is none. 

Archived