Sign in to follow this  
mitre_mouldmaster

The league must be voided

8 hours ago, KingKirk said:

Really is a shocking state. Am finishing our shopping this weekend and that's me in. Some cunt with severe asthma I'll be one of they cunts just left. 4months in the house I'll take that if its between that and severely ill.

Let me get you some IPTV 😘😂

KingKirk likes this

13 hours ago, HalifaxBear said:

Fuck me...   know for a fact I'll get slated..  but get a fucking grip..  I'm a light blue.  Through and through.  But come on, as dirty as those filthy bastards are,  they didn't start Corona 19..  they've won the league.  We weren't going to catch them. Everyone on here has said it!  How pathetic to try and get it voided..

And before you kick me in the bollocks, turn the tables and what would you be saying if we were ahead and they were us? 

Let the hanging begin

It’s not over til it’s over. We have a game in hand and play them twice. That could potentially be 9 points. That leaves 4 points if a difference and celtic could easily drop points. Until it’s mathematically impossible to catch up then the league is not won. Remember this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VK1KdQ9IFbw&feature=share

Ragnar1872, Trooblue and Bears r us like this

They will set up a pools panel to make judgement on the remaining games. It will consist of impartial journalists like Hugh Keevans and Richard Gordon, mixed with  the honest working class, like Angela Hagerty ,Elaine c Smith and Eddy Reader.  Some of the SNP from City Chambers and there you will have a nice balanced panel to make a fair judgement..............what could go wrong?  

Hutton2008 and glasgow argyle like this

5 hours ago, Blue Avenger said:

Well surely you must know?

Diabetes, lung diseases(athsma, COPD etc) Coronory disease(high blood pressure, heart attack, high cholesterol, PAD etc), cancers, compromised immune system.

No all ok.

Hope all  fellow  bears get over this quickly and we all get back to moaning about our team asap💙

Blue Avenger likes this

In all probability we weren't going to win the league. 

However, a game in hand, and with 2 matches to play against them. The gap was certainly not insurmountable, even if unlikely.  Take care of the things in our own hands and the gap could be just 4pts and extraordinary things sometimes happen in sport. 

You can't just give out prizes on the basis of what would probably happen.  Likewise you can't relegate Hearts, who's position was very much in their own hands.

4 hours ago, 72barca said:

https://www.sportinglife.com/football/news/brady-consider-voiding-season/178315

West Ham vice-chairman Karren Brady calls for Premier League season to be voided if no other solution

Football

0a104f7d-2c04-4c60-99ea-fa2f45ae673d.jpg

Karen Brady

Press Association · Journalist

10:24 · March 14, 2020 · 3 min read

Talks sense

Howsitgoing likes this

25 minutes ago, Amato said:

Talks sense

Whilst journalists in Scotland headlines are that celtic must get the league title and the legal ramifications will just have to be dealt with.

Legal ramifications only happen if you don’t act within the rules, they are admitting that to gift their team the title they must break the rules and any money that’s lost due to legal ramifications will be worth it for their football team.

Ok so sitting about bored and got thinking about the league points we've dropped to particular clubs.  Hearts obviously sprung to mind.

Weve got 4/9 points versus them whereas the scum have 9/9.

I think that if a club goes under then results against that team are voided. 

We would go from 67 points to 63. Scum would go from 80 points to 71. So an 8 point difference with 2 OF games to play and a game in hand. Meaning it would be in our hands.

So I've now gone from thinking its unfair on Hearts to relegate them when it's still in their own hands to wanting them to go burst before the spfl get to decision making on the outcome of the league. 😂

Cabin fever already? 😁😁😁

Bad Robot likes this

1 hour ago, Badger said:

In all probability we weren't going to win the league. 

However, a game in hand, and with 2 matches to play against them. The gap was certainly not insurmountable, even if unlikely.  Take care of the things in our own hands and the gap could be just 4pts and extraordinary things sometimes happen in sport. 

You can't just give out prizes on the basis of what would probably happen.  Likewise you can't relegate Hearts, who's position was very much in their own hands.

It doesn't really matter if we've to play them twice , or if we win a game in hand . The simple matter is they haven't , mathematically , won the league . Everything else is assumption and you can't award a title on assumption . 

Bears r us likes this

4 minutes ago, Creampuff said:

There’s no easy solution and no analysis of any rule book is going to result in finding the answer. 

Uncharted waters. 

Ironically the rule that celtic fans and “the dude” has thrown out there, is the only clear rule lawyers can use to decide on a fair outcome. It states clearly that 38 games shall(must) be played. Failure on that happening voids the season.

C13 The Clubs for the time being entitled in terms of these Rules to participate in the Premiership shall, disregarding any abandoned or postponed matches, play in 38 League Matches in any one Season.

15 hours ago, HalifaxBear said:

Fuck me...   know for a fact I'll get slated..  but get a fucking grip..  I'm a light blue.  Through and through.  But come on, as dirty as those filthy bastards are,  they didn't start Corona 19..  they've won the league.  We weren't going to catch them. Everyone on here has said it!  How pathetic to try and get it voided..

And before you kick me in the bollocks, turn the tables and what would you be saying if we were ahead and they were us? 

Let the hanging begin

Not everyone said it 🚁🚁🚁

and they get handed fk all as the league has got sporting integrity to uphold 

2 minutes ago, Bad Robot said:

Not everyone said it 🚁🚁🚁

and they get handed fk all as the league has got sporting integrity to uphold 

Ha , Sporting Integrity . That is sooo yesterday . :lol: 

Bad Robot likes this

18 minutes ago, Howsitgoing said:

Ironically the rule that celtic fans and “the dude” has thrown out there, is the only clear rule lawyers can use to decide on a fair outcome. It states clearly that 38 games shall(must) be played. Failure on that happening voids the season.

C13 The Clubs for the time being entitled in terms of these Rules to participate in the Premiership shall, disregarding any abandoned or postponed matches, play in 38 League Matches in any one Season.

That isn't the rule used to determine the champion club. You're quoting an utterly irrelevant rule.

1 hour ago, Howsitgoing said:

Whilst journalists in Scotland headlines are that celtic must get the league title and the legal ramifications will just have to be dealt with.

Legal ramifications only happen if you don’t act within the rules, they are admitting that to gift their team the title they must break the rules and any money that’s lost due to legal ramifications will be worth it for their football team.

There will be legal ramifications if the league is voided. You can't have it both ways.

4 minutes ago, The Dude said:

That isn't the rule used to determine the champion club. You're quoting an utterly irrelevant rule.

The teams entitled to play in the premier league must play 38 games. It’s not a maybe or a if you want to it’s a “shall play”.  The decision on who wins the league has never been determined by the amount of games played as the league winner is officially declared as soon as mathematically possible. At  this point if Rangers win all their games and celtic win all theirs bar the two old firm it’ll go down to the last two games of the season, far from over. 

9 minutes ago, The Dude said:

There will be legal ramifications if the league is voided. You can't have it both ways.

The rules are clear, 38 games must be played. If this can’t happen because of a w.h.o catastrophe then they can try to claim that coronavirus was introduced to stop 9 in a row to a judge if they want but I don’t have the same faith as you in the outcome.

10 minutes ago, The Dude said:

It isnt an irrelevant rule, it is very relevant.

There is however a get out for them, and it is the one you posted about them being potentially able to disregard a rule if it is unenforceable.

I have come round to thinking that they can potentially just about get away with doing it, but not without a legal fight.

Just now, Howsitgoing said:

The teams entitled to play in the premier league must play 38 games. It’s not a maybe or a if you want to it’s a “shall play”.  The decision on who wins the league has never been determined by the amount of games played as the league winner is officially declared as soon as mathematically possible. At  this point if Rangers win all their games and celtic win all theirs bar the two old firm it’ll go down to the last two games of the season, far from over. 

The league winner is who ever has the most points at the end of the Season (per rules). That is the rule which determines the champion club.

The SPFL will declare the Season has ended imminently.

Were we to play 38 games, I totally agree that it's far from over but the fact is, we havent and wont. The season will be ended after 30 games in the Premiership and points tallies will be based on games played up to that point.

The other eight games are moot. They effectively no longer exist. They will not be played.

Just now, mitre_mouldmaster said:

It isnt an irrelevant rule, it is very relevant.

There is however a get out for them, and it is the one you posted about them being potentially able to disregard a rule if it is unenforceable.

I have come round to thinking that they can potentially just about get away with doing it, but not without a legal fight.

Its not relevant. The rules are read on their own. The relevant rule for appointing the champion club is rule C38. Whoever has the most points at the end of the Season. Once the season is declared over, celtic will be the team with the most points.

The rule quoted about the number of games is regards the format of the competition and doesn't directly affect who is champion. There is only one rule which does  that. C38.