The league must be voided

Just now, The Dude said:

The league winner is who ever has the most points at the end of the Season (per rules). That is the rule which determines the champion club.

The SPFL will declare the Season has ended imminently.

Were we to play 38 games, I totally agree that it's far from over but the fact is, we havent and wont. The season will be ended after 30 games in the Premiership and points tallies will be based on games played up to that point.

The other eight games are moot. They effectively no longer exist. They will not be played.

It’s never been at the end of the season, a team can be officially declared as league winners prior to the end of the season. If celtic had won the league by now then there would be no argument, they haven’t and shouldn’t be gifted it because of their victimised personas.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, HalifaxBear said:

Fuck me...   know for a fact I'll get slated..  but get a fucking grip..  I'm a light blue.  Through and through.  But come on, as dirty as those filthy bastards are,  they didn't start Corona 19..  they've won the league.  We weren't going to catch them. Everyone on here has said it!  How pathetic to try and get it voided..

And before you kick me in the bollocks, turn the tables and what would you be saying if we were ahead and they were us? 

Let the hanging begin

Hanging is to good ya muppet. 
I wouldn’t want this title if we were in front we wouldn’t have won it  
They shouldn’t be handed it they haven’t won it no matter what a surrender monkey like you says. 

3 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Its not relevant. The rules are read on their own. The relevant rule for appointing the champion club is rule C38. Whoever has the most points at the end of the Season. Once the season is declared over, celtic will be the team with the most points.

The rule quoted about the number of games is regards the format of the competition and doesn't directly affect who is champion. There is only one rule which does  that. C38.

What your saying is they will make the rules up to hand the beasts the title then you can go and have a party with your wee taig pals ya fud.

How many days have you been on here now trying to convince us celtic deserve the title???

1 minute ago, Howsitgoing said:

It’s never been at the end of the season, a team can be officially declared as league winners prior to the end of the season. If celtic had won the league by now then there would be no argument, they haven’t and shouldn’t be gifted it because of their victimised personas.

That is literally what the rule says.

"The Club occupying position one in the League at the end of a Season shall be declared the Champion Club of the League and shall hold the "The Scottish Professional Football League Championship Trophy" until the next Season's League Competition is concluded. When the winner of The Scottish Professional Football League Championship trophy has been ascertained, the Trophy shall be handed over to the winner who shall return the same to the Company at the League Office not later than3 weeks prior to the end of the next following Season, in good order and condition and in any event as soon as reasonably practicable following a request from the Board. It shall be the responsibility of the winning Club to arrange appropriate insurance cover for each trophy throughout the period when it is held by the Club."

That's the rule in black and white from the SPFL's rulebook.

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

Its not relevant. The rules are read on their own. The relevant rule for appointing the champion club is rule C38. Whoever has the most points at the end of the Season. Once the season is declared over, celtic will be the team with the most points.

The rule quoted about the number of games is regards the format of the competition and doesn't directly affect who is champion. There is only one rule which does  that. C38.

It is relevant. It specifically stipulates that a season in the premiership must contain 38 games.

Unless they void this rule, then the season will not be considered to be complete and therefore no-one will be at the top at its completion, and rule C38 will not be fulfilled.

If they void the rule which states a season must have 38 games, then they may be able to get round it.

Just now, pollok-bear said:

What your saying is they will make the rules up to hand the beasts the title then you can go and have a party with your wee taig pals ya fud.

How many days have you been on here now trying to convince us celtic deserve the title???

Make the rule up by having it in the rule book before the season even started? Right you are. Which journalist are you going to wrongly claim I am today?

2 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Hanging is to good ya muppet. 
I wouldn’t want this title if we were in front we wouldn’t have won it  
They shouldn’t be handed it they haven’t won it no matter what a surrender monkey like you says. 

Place is riddled with taig cheerleaders mate. We have some right wee pussys in our support.

Just now, mitre_mouldmaster said:

It is relevant. It specifically stipulates that a season in the premiership must contain 38 games.

Unless they void this rule, then the season will not be considered to be complete and therefore no-one will be at the top at its completion, and rule C38 will not be fulfilled.

If they void the rule which states a season must have 38 games, then they may be able to get round it.

The Season will be considered finsihed when the board use their discretion to declare it finished. When that happens C38 will be fulfilled.

Just now, pollok-bear said:

Can I ask do u actually want  celtic to be handed the title?

For the umpteenth time, I couldn't give a fuck less if they get it. I'm not going to lose a wink of sleep either way. If they get it, it's got a big asterisk next to it forever more, if they don't they'll just look to count next seasons.

Just now, The Dude said:

For the umpteenth time, I couldn't give a fuck less if they get it. I'm not going to lose a wink of sleep either way. If they get it, it's got a big asterisk next to it forever more, if they don't they'll just look to count next seasons.

For a man who couldn't give a fuck you've done nothing but post on here about it for the last 2 days. Constantly.

8 minutes ago, pollok-bear said:

Place is riddled with taig cheerleaders mate. We have some right wee pussys in our support.

Meanwhile the hard cunts in our support are sitting greeting about how its no fair they aren't getting things their way.

Just now, MurrayWilson said:

For a man who couldn't give a fuck you've done nothing but post on here about it for the last 2 days. Constantly.

I didn't realise me not caring whether they get it or not means I'm not entitled to discuss it. I'm far more interested in what happens to clubs further down the table who could very well see themselves go out of business completely as a result of this.

4 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Any real Rangers fan does give a fuck whether they get it or not. 🙄

Just now, The Dude said:

The Season will be considered finsihed when the board use their discretion to declare it finished. When that happens C38 will be fulfilled.

I believe you are reading the rule incorrectly.

They have the discretion to change the date of the end of the season, not the number of games.

There is a specifically noted number of games. 

Look at it in an extreme scenario. You are saying that the board have complete discretion to decide when the league ends. Next year, without any form of crisis, you are saying that the board have the right to decide to end the season after say 37 games because they want to as a team they dont want to win may have the chance to in the final game. If this outrageous act was to be challenged legally, the rules of the competition would have to be  examined.  Your stance is that legally the SPFL board are entitled to do this.

My stance is that they would not as the board have to abide by the rules which state there must be 38 games.

Where it differs this time, and you quite rightly pointed it out yesterday is that there is a clause which states if one rule is impossible to be fulfilled (i.e. we cannot play the 38 games), then this rule shall be disregarded and the other rules will still apply. 

At this point the requirement to hold 38 games in a season is gone, and they can call the end of the season. At this point after 29/30 games, celtic would be declared champions as set out by the criteria in C38.

12 minutes ago, The Dude said:

They don’t have to decide that the season has ended. They can decide that it is abandoned. If Stewart Robertson is party to a decision that the season has been officially ended when Rangers can still win the title that would be utterly mind boggling. 

3 minutes ago, The Dude said:

I didn't realise me not caring whether they get it or not means I'm not entitled to discuss it. I'm far more interested in what happens to clubs further down the table who could very well see themselves go out of business completely as a result of this.

Most people tend not to discuss things they don't give a fuck about. I get youre point about clubs going out of business though. 

6 minutes ago, The Dude said:

"The Club occupying position one in the League at the end of a Season shall be declared the Champion Club of the League and shall hold the "The Scottish Professional Football League Championship Trophy" until the next Season's League Competition is concluded. When the winner of The Scottish Professional Football League Championship trophy has been ascertained, the Trophy shall be handed over to the winner who shall return the same to the Company at the League Office not later than3 weeks prior to the end of the next following Season, in good order and condition and in any event as soon as reasonably practicable following a request from the Board. It shall be the responsibility of the winning Club to arrange appropriate insurance cover for each trophy throughout the period when it is held by the Club."

It is black and white your right, what’s not is your definition of the end of the season.

C is in the same index of the rule you want to completely ignore. It’s states that 38 games SHALL be played. Shall in legal terminology has important factors, your argument is mute next to it.

Just now, mitre_mouldmaster said:

I believe you are reading the rule incorrectly.

They have the discretion to change the date of the end of the season, not the number of games.

There is a specifically noted number of games. 

Look at it in an extreme scenario. You are saying that the board have complete discretion to decide when the league ends. Next year, without any form of crisis, you are saying that the board have the right to decide to end the season after say 37 games because they want to as a team they dont want to win may have the chance to in the final game. If this outrageous act was to be challenged legally, the rules of the competition would have to be  examined.  Your stance is that legally the SPFL board are entitled to do this.

My stance is that they would not as the board have to abide by the rules which state there must be 38 games.

Where it differs this time, and you quite rightly pointed it out yesterday is that there is a clause which states if one rule is impossible to be fulfilled (i.e. we cannot play the 38 games), then this rule shall be disregarded and the other rules will still apply. 

At this point the requirement to hold 38 games in a season is gone, and they can call the end of the season. At this point after 29/30 games, celtic would be declared champions as set out by the criteria in C38.

They would in theory have the right to do it next year but any legal challenge would stand a far greater chance of success given there aren't extenuating circumstances forcing the cancellation of the remaining games. The games haven't been cancelled on a whim, like they would in your extreme scenario. Rather than coming up with wacky hypotheticals, why not just stick to the existing circumstance we are dealing with. That's what the decision is based on, not what would happen if an army of squid invaded Scotland and made us all subservient or any other hypotheticals.

That rule (A3) also states that rules will be read on their own. C38 doesn't need the criteria of any other rule to be met to be fulfilled.

2 minutes ago, Polo said:

They don’t have to decide that the season has ended. They can decide that it is abandoned. If Stewart Robertson is party to a decision that the season has been officially ended when Rangers can still win the title that would be utterly mind boggling. 

They have no scope by which to declare the season abandoned. Are we suggesting they just make up rules?

15 minutes ago, The Dude said:

But the seasons not over is it, we haven’t played 38 games.

1 minute ago, Howsitgoing said:

It is black and white your right, what’s not is your definition of the end of the season.

C is in the same index of the rule you want to completely ignore. It’s states that 38 games SHALL be played. Shall in legal terminology has important factors, your argument is mute next to it.

Yes, it is. The SPFL specifically define what a Season is.

It doesn't state anywhere that 38 games shall be played to determine the Champion club. Only that the Season is ended and the board have the discretion to end it early.

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

They would in theory have the right to do it next year but any legal challenge would stand a far greater chance of success given there aren't extenuating circumstances forcing the cancellation of the remaining games. The games haven't been cancelled on a whim, like they would in your extreme scenario. Rather than coming up with wacky hypotheticals, why not just stick to the existing circumstance we are dealing with. That's what the decision is based on, not what would happen if an army of squid invaded Scotland and made us all subservient or any other hypotheticals.

That rule (A3) also states that rules will be read on their own. C38 doesn't need the criteria of any other rule to be met to be fulfilled.

Exactly. The rules are read on their own.

There is a rule that states the Season must be 38 games long.

I am actually agreeing with you and showing you how they are likely to try and do what you are saying, so im not sure why you are arguing with me to be honest!

I still think it will be challenged and I think it is 50/50.

Archived