The league must be voided

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Exactly. The rules are read on their own.

There is a rule that states the Season must be 38 games long.

I am actually agreeing with you and showing you how they are likely to try and do what you are saying, so im not sure why you are arguing with me to be honest!

I still think it will be challenged and I think it is 50/50.

I know exactly how they'll do what I'm saying they'll do because I've been told it by several clubs.

It'll be challenged and the challenge will be defeated.

1 minute ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

Only one official league season has started in Scottish football history and not been completed.

That season was abandoned and the team and the top were not declared winners.

It was declared null and void.

Sporting integrity, remember that, must be followed.

That season also didn't allow the use of multiple substitutes. Should we be punished for doing that in 2020?

Just now, The Dude said:

And the board have the discretion to end a Season early.

But have they the right to decide a winner, what if septic had played 3 more games than us, it’s not just about who wins, it’s about who loses, none of this has been decided, if the competition can’t be completed it must be void.

Just now, ritchieshearercaldow said:

But have they the right to decide a winner, what if septic had played 3 more games than us, it’s not just about who wins, it’s about who loses, none of this has been decided, if the competition can’t be completed it must be void.

Yes. They have the right to decide the winner.

Once the season is shortened to 30 games, it will have been decided. The final games will not be played. As it stands, there's serious concern that next season starts anywhere close to on time.

If it does get null and void our position on a manager is an interesting one. Tend to think it gives Gerrard a lifeline with more time to build.

Flip side more time for a manager to rebuild.

Just now, stu90 said:

If it does get null and void our position on a manager is an interesting one. Tend to think it gives Gerrard a lifeline with more time to build.

Flip side more time for a manager to rebuild.

He might not have anything to build with.

3 minutes ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

He would still want it given to them 

2 minutes ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

No idea. Totally different circumstances and not one that's been discussed by anyone. I'm only going on what the actual circumstances are as those are the ones that there have actually been talks about how to resolve. I've no idea what theyd do if giant squid invaded scotland and made us subservient. But based on the current circumnstances, this is the path the SPFL intend to go down.

4 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Yes, it is. The SPFL specifically define what a Season is.

It doesn't state anywhere that 38 games shall be played to determine the Champion club. Only that the Season is ended and the board have the discretion to end it early.

They have and it consists of 38 games shall be played, anything other than that determining the champion club is against their rules and will not stand in court. What will is the only outcome that is fair and that is if 38 games can’t be played and the champion club has not been ascertained then the league is void.

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

Yes. They have the right to decide the winner.

Once the season is shortened to 30 games, it will have been decided. The final games will not be played. As it stands, there's serious concern that next season starts anywhere close to on time.

Why bother with the competition if they can decide who wins. If everything was equal they might have a point but as it stands everything is not equal, we have only played 29.

Just now, Dave Hedgehog said:

A so called Rangers fan who doesn’t care if celtic win a league or not and cares about the fate of the other clubs in the league.

I can’t debate with that. 

Ignored. 👋

Should I be furious they are going to win a title they looked like they were going to win after our players shat the bed?

You're right though, I do care far more about the  fate of the other clubs in the league in general more than celtic getting the title because if things go as bad as some clubs fear, there's going to be a considerable number of clubs disappear.  And without someone ploughing lots of cash in, we're one of them thats at real risk.

9 minutes ago, The Dude said:

They have no scope by which to declare the season abandoned. Are we suggesting they just make up rules?

Yes they do. The season is played until either all games are played or the board decides that it has been officially ended. If the board doesn’t decide that it has been ended then the situation is frustrated. 

1 minute ago, Howsitgoing said:

They have and it consists of 38 games shall be played, anything other than that determining the champion club is against their rules and will not stand in court. What will is the only outcome that is fair and that is if 38 games can’t be played and the champion club has not been ascertained then the league is void.

No mention of 38 games in the SPFL's definition of Season. Try again.

Just now, Polo said:

Yes they do. The season is played until either all games are played or the board decides that it has been officially ended. If the board doesn’t decide that it has been ended then the situation is frustrated. 

If the board decide the season is ended, then it's ended and whoever has most points is declared champion, per their rules.

1 minute ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

Why bother with the competition if they can decide who wins. If everything was equal they might have a point but as it stands everything is not equal, we have only played 29.

Because they can't just arbitrarily stop the season and award trophies for lolz but there are pretty extenuating circumstances here.

Just now, The Dude said:

If the board decide the season is ended, then it's ended and whoever has most points is declared champion, per their rules.

You’re missing the point. It requires a positive decision of the board. If that isn’t forthcoming then the season is not officially ended. 

Archived