The league must be voided

3 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

It's that's simple, but I don't think he would be able to contain his self on this one

Obviously he'll think Liverpool should be given the title. He needs to be smart tho. He's been media trained since 16 I think he will be.

Am Rangers manager till it's mathematically done we can't have a champion or anyone relegated. For however long it takes that must be the stance mate without a doubt

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Assuming the spfl fudge it and consider the season done, the scum get title, Hearts relegated, and so on through the divisions.

Things that are to happen after this include playoffs dependent on league positioning. These clubs are entitled to play these games. That is pretty unlikely so the spfl will be breaching it's own rules.  These games are to happen immediately after the season ends, be that 38 or 30 games.

If they choose to restructure to accommodate such teams then the rule book needs rewritten.

So rules cant be applied, and /or rules being rewritten whilst other alleged rules about ending the season at 30 games and champion club title awarding remain valid.

Seems like cherry picking certain rules when other ones cant be applied. Certainly seems less fair than saying nul and void to application of all rules and we start next season as if this one didnt start. Clubs may sue for money but it would be the most consistent approach to all teams in all leagues. Enforce all rules, if cant, then they're not for for purpose and should be rescinded.

20 minutes ago, The Dude said:

I correspond in the same manner I did before I was journo. I was posting on here before I'd started writing anywhere other than my own personal blog.

I left high school at the end of fifth year and became a lifeguard. I make no claim to be highly educated. I'm a dude from a council scheme who has got lucky as fuck and gets paid to write about Rangers for a living - as well as some other general Scottish football stuff.

Four days 24/7? I was barely on last night from around 7pm as I went to the pub. Same on Friday.

Incredibly, I have an internet browser that has more than one tab, a working telephone and a high speed internet connection. I'm more than capable of sitting working, posting on here and having conversations on phone, via skype or email with people and up until the cancellation of football on Friday, I'd be at various clubs on a daily basis. Yesterday, I was supposed to be at Easter Road for Hibs v St. Johnstone but for obvious reason wasn't. Today, I'd have been at Ibrox.  Again, for obvious reasons, wasn't.

To be fair I've always found the Dude to be upfront and honest, seldom resorting to snidey wee comments like so many of the immature or hypocritical on here. 

Don't always agree, but respect his viewpoint.  

37 minutes ago, VERITAS VOS LIBREBETS said:

Have I really read that some on here want c*ltic to have the title but have forgotten 'sporting integrity'?

Fuck me, please donate any of your Rangers shirts, scarves or other memorabilia to someone more deserving to be called a 'Bear'

Then wash your fucking mouth out with soap before you go visit your priest.

Who wants celtic to have the title?

peope have said they think they will be giving it, not sure anyone’s actually said they want them to get it. 

Just now, Rangers_no1 said:

Be interesting to see what lengths our fans would go to if the taigs get awarded the title and our board accept it.

Would people be willing to not purchase tickets, season tickets etc and play hardball with our leaders?

I don't trust our board to fight it much, do our fanbase just accept it or boycott scottish football over the lack of sporting integrity?

Suspect that would hurt us more than anyone else. Makes me think of folk threatening boycotts of their own clubs during our plight. In fact, I can imagine them saying the above almost word for word.

2 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Be interesting to see what lengths our fans would go to if the taigs get awarded the title and our board accept it.

Would people be willing to not purchase tickets, season tickets etc and play hardball with our leaders?

I don't trust our board to fight it much, do our fanbase just accept it or boycott scottish football over the lack of sporting integrity?

Given the severity of the situation we face, that could be fatal to the club.

Just now, Inigo said:

Aye. Coronavirus, economy and society at breaking point, company that by its nature lives on the edge of sustainability anyway... let's boycott. Hmm. Messy.

If our cash at hand/bank is similar to what it was at year end accounts, we're FUCKED.

56 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

Especially not to end their run to 10.

All we can do is hope the club take it all the way if it is to be awarded at the current standings.

I know we won't though 

Our shitebag board would probably congratulate the cheating bastards.

10 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

As long as no one places an ad in a Swiss newspaper. If that happened I think I’d probably give up football altogether.

13 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Exactly, if the taigs are awarded the title and other clubs are also punished due to the uncompleted fixtures then next season is void too, and the one after that, an the one after that. 

Would basically be corrupt. We as fans should have no truck with it.  We are a staunch, honest and  moral club and fan base and have no tolerance of those who do not show honesty and sportsmanship. 

19 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

I won't be back inside Ibrox if the club dont fight this all the way.

There is no point in football continuing in this country if something ain't won but it's given out.

Rangers should pull out this league if the scum are given the title that's how strongly I believe in it

26 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Our board would probably put out a statement congratulating the bastards...

5 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Is letting a corrupt organisation shaft us constantly a better alternative? 

Haven't see you post your views on the scum getting handed the title, be interesting to see your viewpoint on that?!

You've missed it then. Search my post history if you're that bothered.

I don't think corruption will be involved though. Bad decisions, yes, but I don't think sellic have the kind of power over the SPL board to get things their own way. That's not to say they won't.

Anyway, klling our own club because we're upset about how this plans out strikes me as something the corrupt, if that's what you think they are, would regard as a result. Playing into their hands somewhat. Has to be a way other than serving them up them their wildest dreams, surely.

1 hour ago, bluenoz said:

I would be curious to know your educational background because no reputable journalist would correspond in the manner you do. 

When do you find the time to do your research if you are on here 24/7 like you have been for four days? Or do you just pass on second-hand information that is essentially the baton that turns into gossip?

Isn't that what passes for journalism today? The difference between an online troll and a journalist is one has fun while the other thinks he matters.

1 hour ago, KingKirk said:

I'd understand it if they where mathematically out of reach. Expect more as it becomes more desperate.

If they were mathematically out of reach they'd already be champions 😂

2 minutes ago, theiconicman said:

Isn't that what passes for journalism today? The difference between an online troll and a journalist is one has fun while the other thinks he matters.

Unfortunately the main poster on this thread has learned his trade through people like Keef who is lucky if he can put two comprehensible sentences together. And then we now have an abundance of ex football players getting a bigger stage who think their penmanship warrants reading. Journalism in Scotland is the lowest it has ever been mate.

Just now, Rangers_no1 said:

All I seen from say was 'the simplistic scenario should be null and void'

Ill ask you again, what will your views be if the scum are awarded the title?

Yeah, so you basically know my view. Void good, not void bad.

Them being awarded it would be bad. It would be wrong. It would depend on the circumstances as to how upset I'd be.

I mean, my view is leagues should be voided. I also think UEFA should take a lead and basically tell member leagues what's going to happen. Across the board. Everyone in the same boat in terms of how things are to be addressed. In that circumstance, if it's decided they're champions I'd disagree completely, but I'd take it. If Uefa don't and the SPFL Board decide to do that, I'd disagree completely, but I'd likely ultimately accept it.

4 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Unfortunately the main poster on this thread has learned his trade through people like Keef who is lucky if he can put two comprehensible sentences together. And then we now have an abundance of ex football players getting a bigger stage who think their penmanship warrants reading. Journalism in Scotland is the lowest it has ever been mate.

Why are you lying to get imaginary internet points? I've met Keith Jackson once, for a matter of seconds.

Just now, The Dude said:

Why are you lying to get imaginary internet points? I've met Keith Jackson once, for a matter of seconds.

Didn't you work for them at one point? I thought you would have had more contact with the senior football journalist at the rag.

Archived