The league must be voided

“It’s interesting to note the definition of the season and having that caveat in there that lets the league decide otherwise, expressly in terms of that definition,” he told Record Sport.

Simon Leaf Michon De Reya Sports lawyer https://www.mishcon.com/people/simon_leaf

https://www.BOYCOTT THIS LINK/sport/football/football-news/spfl-caveat-legal-expert-lays-21696989

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, bluenoz said:

Didn't you work for them at one point? I thought you would have had more contact with the senior football journalist at the rag.

I wrote a blog for them as a freelancer which I stopped 12 months ago.

I reported directly to the sports editor and emailed my stuff to him.

7 minutes ago, Inigo said:

Yeah, so you basically know my view. Void good, not void bad.

Them being awarded it would be bad. It would be wrong. It would depend on the circumstances as to how upset I'd be.

I mean, my view is leagues should be voided. I also think UEFA should take a lead and basically tell member leagues what's going to happen. Across the board. Everyone in the same boat in terms of how things are to be addressed. In that circumstance, if it's decided they're champions I'd disagree completely, but I'd take it. If Uefa don't and the SPFL Board decide to do that, I'd disagree completely, but I'd likely ultimately accept it.

just accept it then Inigo ..................... No surrender :stevieg:

If the pandemic ends and they want to start playing league games again we should just instruct our players to suddenly develop symptoms of the virus and have the league shut down again 😅 make it the season that never ends

They were 7pts ahead in 2005 with 4 games to go and we finished a point above them.

So who says the are gonna win the league for certain?   As they are talking shite as no one will ever know..

League must be void and this should be our legal argument that what happened in 2005 proves it is far from impossible as we have 9 games and 27pts to play for , they have 8 games and 24 points , we pump them twice win our game in hand and the pressure is all on them 

Just now, eejay the dj said:

We don't but accepting it should never be an answer for any Rangers fan . Under no circumstances

That would be basically acting like we think we do.

10 minutes ago, Willis said:

If the pandemic ends and they want to start playing league games again we should just instruct our players to suddenly develop symptoms of the virus and have the league shut down again 😅 make it the season that never ends

Book a trip to USA for the day after the last league fixture was due to be played.  

Play those cunts at their own game. 

We have the Greatest Supporters in the World, but we have, and have had, since the mid nineties, a certain small bunch, who are so limp wristed, apathetic, bridgebuilding "Roll over Ronalds" when it comes to fighting our cause and standing up for the club in a proactive and aggressive manner, and taking the War to our Fenian detractors, who are many.

The one's who would rather step into "Dialogue" with the Current Scum that envelopes us.

I don't want to have any discussions with the Dark Forces of Republicanism and Fenianism in this country, on any subject be it Politics, Football, or Religion.

I want absolutely nothing to do with them.

5 minutes ago, The Ibrox Derry said:

We have the Greatest Supporters in the World, but we have, and have had, since the mid nineties, a certain small bunch, who are so limp wristed, apathetic, bridgebuilding "Roll over Ronalds" when it comes to fighting our cause and standing up for the club in a proactive and aggressive manner, and taking the War to our Fenian detractors, who are many.

The one's who would rather step into "Dialogue" with the Current Scum that envelopes us.

I don't want to have any discussions with the Dark Forces of Republicanism and Fenianism in this country, on any subject be it Politics, Football, or Religion.

Well said.

5 minutes ago, MurrayWilson said:

How do you make that out?  I would imagine they've had lawyers look at this and got expert advice which advises they would win. 

As do the SPFL. I've also spoken to a lawyer who thinks that the SPFL's interpretation is correct and theres a sports lawyer quoted in the record earlier today who thinks their interpretation is also correct.

“It’s interesting to note the definition of the season and having that caveat in there that lets the league decide otherwise, expressly in terms of that definition,” he told Record Sport.

Simon Leaf Michon De Reya Sports lawyer https://www.mishcon.com/people/simon_leaf

https://www.BOYCOTT THIS LINK/sport/football/football-news/spfl-caveat-legal-expert-lays-21696989

9 minutes ago, The Ibrox Derry said:

1 hour ago, Hoss said:

If they were mathematically out of reach they'd already be champions 😂

Could have points deducted for interfering with refs, fixing results, putting undue influence on the authorities, gamesmanship, indiscipline from players, fiddling attendances, fiddling with boys clubs..

Not that is ever going to happen anytime ever. 

4 minutes ago, The Dude said:

As do the SPFL. I've also spoken to a lawyer who thinks that the SPFL's interpretation is correct and theres a sports lawyer quoted in the record earlier today who thinks their interpretation is also correct.

You should get in touch with Hearts and tell them they are wasting their time and money then. Or maybe they'll listen to experts of their own, I don't think they would pursue it if they didn't think they have a better than reasonable chance of success, they are going to be skint enough as it is.

8 minutes ago, The Dude said:

7 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Dude, if you truly are a Rangers man as a few have attested to and have contact to people normal folk don't then start standing up for the club instead of taking it up the arse and then relaying their message on here. There is nothing worse than an impartial journalist. Or do you purposefully sit on the fence because the paycheque is all that matters?  If Rangers ever hired a PR firm, I certainly wouldn't want you blogging on our behalf.

7 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Dude, if you truly are a Rangers man as a few have attested to and have contact to people normal folk don't then start standing up for the club instead of taking it up the arse and then relaying their message on here. There is nothing worse than an impartial journalist. Or do you purposefully sit on the fence because the paycheque is all that matters?  If Rangers ever hired a PR firm, I certainly wouldn't want you blogging on our behalf.

Who is taking it up the arse? By listening to people with direct access to SPFL board members and the opinion of a lawyer? On what basis should I argue against it? I see nothing which disputes their view on it. 

Or are you suggesting that regardless of facts and logic, I should take the pro Rangers opinion regardless of anything else, because that just sounds like a cheerleader and aren't we always greeting about folk in the media just being cheerleaders? 

Just now, The Dude said:

Who is taking it up the arse? By listening to people with direct access to SPFL board members and the opinion of a lawyer? On what basis should I argue against it? I see nothing which disputes their view on it. 

Or are you suggesting that regardless of facts and logic, I should take the pro Rangers opinion regardless of anything else, because that just sounds like a cheerleader and aren't we always greeting about folk in the media just being cheerleaders? 

So your stance then is that celtic should be given title?

Archived