The league must be voided

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, bluenoz said:

I never ask you that. I asked for your opinion.

I couldn't care less if they are given it. If they are, it's tainted. If they don't they'll just insist next year counts as 9 since this year was void rather than someone else won it. Almost like its a postponed game. 

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

I couldn't care less if they are given it. If they are, it's tainted. If they don't they'll just insist next year counts as 9 since this year was void rather than someone else won it. Almost like its a postponed game. 

You are some Rangers man.

Just now, bluenoz said:

You are some Rangers man.

Why? Because I couldn't care less if they win a title that ended early?

Is there a particular level of outraged I should be at this? Tell you what, when we're genuinely looking at the prospect of the club being under Serious financial threat, then aye, celtic winning a tainted isn't something I'm overly fussed about. 

10 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Who is taking it up the arse? By listening to people with direct access to SPFL board members and the opinion of a lawyer? On what basis should I argue against it? I see nothing which disputes their view on it. 

Or are you suggesting that regardless of facts and logic, I should take the pro Rangers opinion regardless of anything else, because that just sounds like a cheerleader and aren't we always greeting about folk in the media just being cheerleaders? 

To be honest, logic is not really coming into it.

celtic will be given a title that they have not won in a completed league cycle.

They are being given a league title by an interpretation of the rules, that were not designed to be applied in the circumstances we are now in.

Of course they will be able to find lawyers who agree with this, there will also be lawyers who do not.

I suggest if you would like to have s story that will get a lot of views whilst the football is off, that you contact various lawyers until you find one willing to go on the record with a different interpretation. This will then be a factual issue, which is interesting to the masses, gives proper expert legal opinion and will also put pressure on the SPFL not to just hand them a title.

13 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Tainted like their League Cup 'win' that the mhedia ignore 😞

1 minute ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

To be honest, logic is not really coming into it.

celtic will be given a title that they have not won in a completed league cycle.

They are being given a league title by an interpretation of the rules, that were not designed to be applied in the circumstances we are now in.

Of course they will be able to find lawyers who agree with this, there will also be lawyers who do not.

I suggest if you would like to have s story that will get a lot of views whilst the football is off, that you contact various lawyers until you find one willing to go on the record with a different interpretation. This will then be a factual issue, which is interesting to the masses, gives proper expert legal opinion and will also put pressure on the SPFL not to just hand them a title.

There will be one probably but it's, for me at least, got to be one of similar standing to the one I've spoken to - or the one named and quoted in the Daily Record. 

They'd also have to be willing to put their name to it and there's lots of people who just don't want themselves attached to the Old Firm in any sort of professional capacity. 

Otherwise you end up with Lionel Hutz (or Saul Goodman for the younger ones) and it does the story's credibility no good. 

2 minutes ago, The Dude said:

There will be one probably but it's, for me at least, got to be one of similar standing to the one I've spoken to - or the one named and quoted in the Daily Record. 

They'd also have to be willing to put their name to it and there's lots of people who just don't want themselves attached to the Old Firm in any sort of professional capacity. 

Otherwise you end up with Lionel Hutz (or Saul Goodman for the younger ones) and it does the story's credibility no good. 

I can promise you that there will be more than one.

I suggest you reach out to Hearts and ask them if there is anyone who they could suggest, as I imagine they will have done a little bit of the legwork and have a list who would be willing to talk.

3 minutes ago, The Dude said:

This will be undeniable. The final gets chalked up to human error, this one will have an asterisk beside it forever. 

Some chance,same as if they're handed the league,it would go down in the records and their 'history' as a league win,nothing else.

I can promise you that there will be more than one.

I suggest you reach out to Hearts and ask them if there is anyone who they could suggest, as I imagine they will have done a little bit of the legwork and have a list who would be willing to talk.

Hearts won't talk. They have their particular people they go to - and we may have also have had some issues with them earlier in the season so we're not high on their friends list just now. Not to say we've not tried, but Hearts aren't too keen to give much up. 

2 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Hearts won't talk. They have their particular people they go to - and we may have also have had some issues with them earlier in the season so we're not high on their friends list just now. Not to say we've not tried, but Hearts aren't too keen to give much up. 

Who do you work for?

3 minutes ago, The Dude said:

What is the position you hear on the playoff places?

Are second bottom of the premiership safe, or are they expected to be in a playoff for survival?

What is the position you hear on the playoff places?

Are second bottom of the premiership safe, or are they expected to be in a playoff for survival?

Scrapped. They are an additional competition rather than part of the actual league format so will just be scrapped completely for the year. 

11 minutes ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

celtic fans desperation to be given a title they didn’t win tempered by being advised to wash their hands.

If the title is null and void then this will be their worst year since the Pope died in the same year as helicopter Sunday.

:lol:

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

Scrapped. They are an additional competition rather than part of the actual league format so will just be scrapped completely for the year. 

Hmm,

Thats another angle that the lawyers could go after IMO.

They are clearly defined and stated in the rules.

I don think for a second this is as clear cut as you believe.

Archived