The league must be voided

Just now, Supersonic said:

Scandalous but entirely unsurprising. SFA only exist to aid and abet the fenians at every cut and turn.

Should be null and void. They hadn't remotely won it yet. 

Guarantee our board roll over and take it as per usual.

For a club the size of ours 

We do have the weakest most self centreD cowardly pathetic bunch ever to run our great club 

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, The Dude said:

There's been no 'spin' I've consistently said what the SPFL's position was, and it now looks as though that's exactly what's happening.

Bullshit

Youve been loving the fact that you’re pissing so many bears off with you’re “I know something you don’t know” garbage.

A true Rangers supporter would at least have said “sorry guys but this is what I’ve heard” but you’re just fucking wallowing in it.

I’d have you banned to be honest

11 hours ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

It is relevant. It specifically stipulates that a season in the premiership must contain 38 games.

Unless they void this rule, then the season will not be considered to be complete and therefore no-one will be at the top at its completion, and rule C38 will not be fulfilled.

If they void the rule which states a season must have 38 games, then they may be able to get round it.

51 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Wait? Did you? If you did, then I genuinely apologise because it's spot on and it's been how I've interpreted it all along. It probably hasn't been helped by trying to discuss it with however many folk at a time. But aye, if you said this then it's bang on the money.

Yea I did.

I stated that if they void the rule around the 38 games (due to it being impossible to play them) then this removes the obstacle.

I think they may have a chance to do this using A3, but im not 100% sure.

As it stands, they cant just end the season, without playing the 38 games, but if they declare the rule that requires 38 games to be void, then at this point they could declare the season over at 29/30 games.

15 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

They are desperate mate 

My feeling .They May think UEFA will go against .So they are getting in first ,so UEFA can’t overrule at very least ,find it harder too 

Lawwell sits on a couple of boards at UEFA, he must be aware of what is coming down the pipe line.

10 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

So they are the last ones to take action in postponement of the league fixtures but the first ones to declare champions and ending the season? If it's true then they unwashed fucks really show themselves up to run the whole thing up here.

They were the last ones to stop because there is serious concern for the economic effect on clubs. No gate receipts means no income and no income means no wages. Clubs had made almost no contingencies for something like this. I asked one club director last week what their plan was if games went closed-doors or were pulled and he just shrugged his shoulders. They didnt want to pull games until the very, very last minute.

8 minutes ago, Supersonic said:

Scandalous but entirely unsurprising. SFA only exist to aid and abet the fenians at every cut and turn.

Should be null and void. They hadn't remotely won it yet. 

Guarantee our board roll over and take it as per usual.

Correct

27 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Clubs like Raith Rovers are within a handful of games of promotion back to the Championship, Cove Rangers are closing in on their first ever senior league title. Partick and Inverness have a cup final to play.

Teams who looked almost certain to be relegated (Stranraer) will now be spared relegation and get an extra year's money in a higher division.

Motherwell would miss out on Europe with Kilmarnock taking their place.

Clubs would lose out on prize money they should have earned this season.

What about Falkirk - every chance they could too. What about ICT, Ayr, Dundee who played themselves into a play-off spot, same with Airdrie and Montrose and on down the leagues it's the same. I don't think you can say there's more for clubs to lose by voiding the league. Then you have the unfair situation of relegating Hearts, Partick who could easily survive wit the games left to play. Null and void upsets less clubs imo.  

4 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Yea I did.

I stated that if they void the rule around the 38 games (due to it being impossible to play them) then this removes the obstacle.

As it stands, they cant just end the season, without playing the 38 games, but if they declare the rule that requires 38 games to be void, then at this point they could declare the season over at 29/30 games.

My apologies then. Genuinely haven't seen it properly if I've then disagreed.

But aye, that looks to be the path they're taking.

3 minutes ago, The Dude said:

They were the last ones to stop because there is serious concern for the economic effect on clubs. No gate receipts means no income and no income means no wages. Clubs had made almost no contingencies for something like this. I asked one club director last week what their plan was if games went closed-doors or were pulled and he just shrugged his shoulders. They didnt want to pull games until the very, very last minute.

Clubs that are run on so fine margins as a few more home games to keep them afloat deserve what they get ie Dundee United. If they are financially fucked by this then they don't deserve to keep going. It's about time these leagues shed some of it's dead skin.

4 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Yea I did.

A3 can also have a significant impact on C38. Whilst they can in theory allow this rule to be breached that doesn’t make it a mute point. 
The basis of the league at the start of the season is who has the most points after 38 games, no team has done enough at this point to ascertain that. 

Just now, James Rolle said:

What about Falkirk - every chance they could too. What about ICT, Ayr, Dundee who played themselves into a play-off spot, same with Airdrie and Montrose and on down the leagues it's the same. I don't think you can say there's more for clubs to lose by voiding the league. Then you have the unfair situation of relegating Hearts, Partick who could easily survive wit the games left to play. Null and void upsets less clubs imo.  

Null and void takes the same things away from those clubs.

Falkirk will be a point behind the team at the top too. There's literally no chance they could do it because the remaining games are not being rescheduled. Ever.

The playoffs will be scrapped. They are additional tournaments over and above the divisions and the SPFL wont organise them this year due to an inability to shedule them.

Partick have more of an argument because they are behind QotS by a point or two but have a game in hand so I don't know how they plan to square that circle. Everything else will be relatively simple and will be based on the games which have taken place already.

4 minutes ago, Colin Traive said:

Bullshit

Youve been loving the fact that you’re pissing so many bears off with you’re “I know something you don’t know” garbage.

A true Rangers supporter would at least have said “sorry guys but this is what I’ve heard” but you’re just fucking wallowing in it.

Don't feel I need someone to preface bad news with an apology, personally. 

He's done nothing to deserve a ban. He's given what he thinks the realities are, some folk disagree and challenge it, others seem to be letting it get to them. Put him on ignore if you can't deal with his views.

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

My apologies then. Genuinely haven't seen it properly if I've then disagreed.

But aye, that looks to be the path they're taking.

I still think it will be challenged, and I think there will be a compromise agreed.

I actually think that it might be something as simple as league positions are taken as final, but champions are not crowned.

i.e. relegation and promotion happens, but a team is not declared as the champions. I think celtic may almost be guilt-ed into accepting it (although they do have no shame).

It would mean they get all the benefits of coming first, but the headline issue is that they have to wait another year to try and get 9-in-a-row. 

1 minute ago, Howsitgoing said:

A3 can also have a significant impact on C38. Whilst they can in theory allow this rule to be breached that doesn’t make it a mute point. 
The basis of the league at the start of the season is who has the most points after 38 games, no team has done enough at this point to ascertain that. 

I think it is very open for challenge personally. I dont think it is going to be anywhere near as simple as the SPFL are hoping it will be.

1 minute ago, esquire8 said:

Clubs that are run on so fine margins as a few more home games to keep them afloat deserve what they get ie Dundee United. If they are financially fucked by this then they don't deserve to keep going. It's about time these leagues shed some of it's dead skin.

Yeah, we're VERY much in the firing line here. Without gate receipts and still having payroll to meet until September isnt easy when it's likely going to be a bill somewhere around £15-20m before we kick a ball again. 

6 minutes ago, GersInCanada said:

I am coming to the view that if they want this title that bad then let them have it.

They have no shame. Let history judge them.

Again fuck that. Hand over fuck all to them unwashed and zero moral cunts. We handed over several league titles by taking our medicine and dropping down the leagues due to financial mismanagement. I'll be damned if this club  hands over one more to them.

They have no shame and don't care, they count war titles and hide paedophile coaches. History can judge all it wants but they can get to fuck if history says they won the 2020 league title.

2 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

I still think it will be challenged, and I think there will be a compromise agreed.

I actually think that it might be something as simple as league positions are taken as final, but champions are not crowned.

i.e. relegation and promotion happens, but a team is not declared as the champions. I think celtic may almost be guilt-ed into accepting it (although they do have no shame).

It would mean they get all the benefits of coming first, but the headline issue is that they have to wait another year to try and get 9-in-a-row. 

Another 5 way agreement styled compromise?

13 minutes ago, Colin Traive said:

Bullshit

Second this.

Get him to fuck. He revels in this shite. Always has done. 

1 minute ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

No way they would accept that, their vile cheerleader and manager came out demanding the trophy when everyone else was more concerned about the welfare of the public. 

They would fight that to the death and sadly if they get their way our feeble board would fight fuck all. 

13 minutes ago, Colin Traive said:

Bullshit

Cunt does not do this guy justice ,It is almost deliberate . I honestly don't think he has been off the site for the past 48 hours

2 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Yeah, we're VERY much in the firing line here. Without gate receipts and still having payroll to meet until September isnt easy when it's likely going to be a bill somewhere around £15-20m before we kick a ball again. 

We're insured mate, unlike Kilmarnock. A few clubs will still be fucked like Dundee United even with insurance payouts.

12 minutes ago, Colin Traive said:

Bullshit

I couldnt really care less if I piss people off.  Some folk on here just get pissed off by seeing the fact I've posted. 

Were I doing the I know something you dont know, do you think I'd have sat here and gone in to far more detail than I probably should have to try and explain what the SPFL plan to do and how they plan to do it? I rarely post information that hasn't been published elsewhere (by me or others) on here.

I should be apologising before I post it why? I've no part in the decision making process and am passing on information I've heard. I didn't realise I had to sugar coat it for people.

Why would you have me banned? For posting something on here, which is looking like it's being proven correct, because you don't like the outcome? Get the fuck out of here. There's folk on here who probably should have been banned for some of the comments made but none of them are me.

Archived