The league must be voided

2 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

We're insured mate, unlike Kilmarnock. A few clubs will still be fucked like Dundee United even with insurance payouts.

To a point. It wont cover 100% of the losses incurred. There's also the shortfall that was needed anyway just to keep the lights on. Depending on how long this goes on for, every club in the country could be badly hit.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Inigo said:

Don't feel I need someone to preface bad news with an apology, personally. 

He's done nothing to deserve a ban. He's given what he thinks the realities are, some folk disagree and challenge it, others seem to be letting it get to them. Put him on ignore if you can't deal with his views.

Just another Taig you.

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

To a point. It wont cover 100% of the losses incurred. There's also the shortfall that was needed anyway just to keep the lights on. Depending on how long this goes on for, every club in the country could be badly hit.

Not 100% but its manageable within the club and for most other clubs, my local team will manage ok through it and take the hit but still come out the other side because they live well within their means. The clubs that dont and will find it impossible to survive don't deserve to survive.

Just now, esquire8 said:

Not 100% but its manageable within the club and for most other clubs, my local team will manage ok through it and take the hit but still come out the other side because they live well within their means. The clubs that dont and will find it impossible to survive don't deserve to survive.

Thats definitely not us.

I mentioned this yesterday about the insurance and I'll say it again 

If the league is null and void the insurance will stand.

If the league is declared finished the insurance will NOT stand as the season has ended.

Clubs will have a choice lose money for the taigs to win 9 in a row 

Or 

Claim the insurance get the money and survive.

4 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Will UEFA relax the FFP rules to help clubs get through this period with loans?

Cunt from the BBC tweeting saying football is off until September. Tarriers are going to be given the title and no relegation or promotion.

Announcement tomorrow apparently. 

All The Dude's said is what he thinks will happen and that he doesn't care because the title's tainted anyway or some shit. People then take him up on his view in reasonable fashion or lose their shit with him because he's dared to so much as suggest these things. Many people. So his contribution becomes a protracted one. 

I'd love to know what makes people think he's revelling in sellic being awarded it. Specifically.

3 minutes ago, B1872 said:

Cunt from the BBC tweeting saying football is off until September. Tarriers are going to be given the title and no relegation or promotion.

That's disgraceful if true. So only one club wins in the end again. 

Did see this below at least someone is challenging this

2 minutes ago, B1872 said:

So the BBC's tweeter reckons there will only be one league winner,the taigs,the rest can sing for it 😞

16 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Yeah, we're VERY much in the firing line here. Without gate receipts and still having payroll to meet until September isnt easy when it's likely going to be a bill somewhere around £15-20m before we kick a ball again. 

Do we actually have that much gate receipts?  Are we not mostly ST anyway. I would have thought that money we got for gate receipts would have gone towards policing and security and obviously with no games we don’t have that outlay!

1 minute ago, B1872 said:

Not a chance of an announcement tomorrow. As foolish as they are , they won't announce anything until after Tuesday's meeting and/or wait and see the outcome from other leagues.

I can see football been finished until September.

4 minutes ago, B1872 said:

That simply won't stand up in court.

Just now, jintybear said:

Do we actually have that much gate receipts?  Are we not mostly ST anyway. I would have thought that money we got for gate receipts would have gone towards policing and security and obviously with no games we don’t have that outlay!

We still have a substantial amount of matchday income (as well as the current inability to start ST sales any time soon). There's also going to be the possibility of lot of refunds for the cancelled games.

Just now, ForeverAndEver said:

How the fuck can you call somebody Champions but not relegate somebody?

They will be trying to rush this through because by Tuesday night every other league will be null and void apart from Scotland 

Archived