The league must be voided

A league was abondoned in 1939/40 and the league leaders weren’t awarded the title.

I don’t give a fuck about so called different rules, yet to see proof they were anyway.

This is an unprecedented scenario and has no rules to dictate what happens.

The closest precedent is the war title.

And the sporting integrity pushed so hard in 2008 and the self serving bloodlust of 2012 must be adhered to no matter what.

They made their bed now fucking lie in it bhoys.

Thats my view. 

There is no rule in place for a world wide pandemic stopping sport.

No rule whatsoever.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, The Dude said:

My personal stance is that freezing the standings are the best of a bad bunch of options. if that means they get the title, so be it.

There will be challenges whatever happens and going with the standings at 80% will bring fewer hurdles than simply scrapping and starting over. Particularly further down the leagues.

So you are okay with condemning Partick Thistle to League 1 and you think they have to just suck it up for the greater good. We wont agree on this as it is fundamentally unfair in my opinion.

You could also have a personal stance that the league positions are final, but no champions are declared. This is where I see where questions about your loyalty comes from to be honest.

You could easily hold your existing stance and say that celtic should still not be awarded the title. As a Rangers fan, this would always be my default, which would be completely biased admittedly, but comes with the job description. I happen to agree that it is also the correct and moral thing to do, as the title was not won under a scenario accounted for in the rules. Sure give them first place, but fuck officially giving them a league title. 

2 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

Our club should be shouting at the rooftops over this .On the grounds of sporting integrity .No laughing at the back 

Well we all know it’s what the bheasts would be doing .Yet if it were other way round .The rule book would be in the bin

And every bear knows that 

And they were out right away demanding the title even though it isn t mathematically impossible they would be caught. They go on the front foot all the time and I feel that we are always playing catch up that way. 

They are absolutely shameless. Vulnerable people are being killed by this virus and they are demanding a football title. They'll probably have some sort of ceremony as well. 

They have added to the situation as to me it looks like a lot of this decision if it happens is driven by the fallout that would come from those shameless  enablers from the East end. 

Bully boys of the Scottish league. You do just wonder what they have over the rest of the game up here. 

6 minutes ago, The Dude said:

My personal stance is that freezing the standings are the best of a bad bunch of options. if that means they get the title, so be it.

There will be challenges whatever happens and going with the standings at 80% will bring fewer hurdles than simply scrapping and starting over. Particularly further down the leagues.

So for the record you have never supported that the season should be null and void and your professional opinions from friends in high places never really mattered? 

”Accept it” my fucking arse. 

Glad we are getting somewhere now James. 

8 minutes ago, The Dude said:

No one has played 80% of their games so that kicks that one squarely in the plums 😂

1 minute ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

So you are okay with condemning Partick Thistle to League 1 and you think they have to just suck it up for the greater good. We wont agree on this as it is fundamentally unfair in my opinion.

You could also have a personal stance that the league positions are final, but no champions are declared. This is where I see where questions about your loyalty comes from to be honest.

You could easily hold your existing stance and say that celtic should still not be awarded the title. As a Rangers fan, this would always be my default, which would be completely biased admittedly, but comes with the job description. I happen to agree that it is also the correct and moral thing to do, as the title was not won under a scenario accounted for in the rules. Sure give them first place, but fuck officially giving them a league title. 

He is tying himself in knots. He had no option but to “accept it” about 5 posts ago. A total crank who has been made to look like the scabby hack that he is. 

2 hours ago, The Dude said:

You not remember how much of a cunt you made of it last time when you claimed this?

So far, I've been paid by admin to post here, get protected by Admin and now and on some sort of retainer to post here.

You're nearly as fucking mental as Sweetheart.

:redcard:Debate your point and stop the insults :redcard: 

1 minute ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

No, I've said countless times now that the Thistle one is the biggest problem they have to contend with.

I simply don't agree that you could keep the standing and not acknowledge the consequences of those. We'd go fucking mental if it was us.

1 minute ago, Negri's lovechild said:

And they were out right away demanding the title even though it isn t mathematically impossible they would be caught. They go on the front foot all the time and I feel that we are always playing catch up that way. 

They are absolutely shameless. Vulnerable people are being killed by this virus and they are demanding a football title. They'll probably have some sort of ceremony as well. 

They have added to the situation as to me it looks like a lot of this decision if it happens is driven by the fallout that would come from those shameless  enablers from the East end. 

Bully boys of the Scottish league. You do just wonder what they have over the rest of the game up here. 

Can’t get it out there quick enough 

No decisions on anything yet elsewhere .Of course  people are dying around the world .Yet in this rhancid backwater of corruption .It is all about giving the the scum a title  .Ironically these bastards don’t make decisions most of the other times 

The OF was postponed yesterday and they are already pushing this shite 

This thread has poison in it as far as I’m concerned .The agenda is being driven ,even on here .Sickening 

Just now, The Dude said:

No, I've said countless times now that the Thistle one is the biggest problem they have to contend with.

I simply don't agree that you could keep the standing and not acknowledge the consequences of those. We'd go fucking mental if it was us.

Total whatabouttery. It isn’t us so it’s a moot point, Nothing stopping you from taking that stand. You are a crank and have been shown up as that for the last half hour. 

Just now, The Dude said:

But you are saying that this is your personal stance as well.

You have just stated that in your opinion, Partick Thistle should be condemned down to Division 1.

You do know that it is okay for you to call this whole thing a cluster fuck and you dont know the best way to fix it.

The problem people are having with you at the moment on here is one minute you are claiming 'it is what they are doing, and nothing will stop it', the next moment you are saying 'I agree with the action they are taking' and the next you are saying 'what they are doing is unfair'.

3 minutes ago, weejoseph said:

So for the record you have never supported that the season should be null and void and your professional opinions from friends in high places never really mattered? 

”Accept it” my fucking arse. 

Glad we are getting somewhere now James. 

Nope. Never for a second thought it was a possibility so no point backing it. Everyone Ive spoken to has said it's not  a possibility.

A bit like backing a horse to win despite not actually being in the race.

47 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Which in turn sums this up.

If Hearts are relegated then they should get whatever money they’re due, not a sweetener to keep them from kicking up a fuss.

Yip. 

The entire thing here is being driven by money rather than sporting fairness, health & wellbeing etc. 

The need the season ended so that clubs can claim insurance money. 

2 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Nope. Never for a second thought it was a possibility so no point backing it. Everyone Ive spoken to has said it's not  a possibility.

Or backing a horse that didn’t win but calling it the winner anyway. Doesn’t happen.

More should be known tomorrow. I expect UEFA to abandon this years Euros or at least postpone them. CL and EL will be cancelled as european travel will not be possible for some time.

What happens domestically may well be decided by a consensus (if one can be found). Fairest outcome is to declare all leagues null and void and restart them from scratch when it becomes possible to do so (September ? Clearly this will vary from country to country).

A pandemic is not allowed for in anybody's rule books. An unprecedented situation requires an unprecedented solution.

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

Absolute rubbish. Every man and their dog knows it is an option and whether you like it or not (you don’t) it is the absolute right one in terms of moral or sporting integrity.  

If it wasn’t a viable option there would be no clamour for it, that’s the sole reason people are against it, because it doesn’t suit agendas. 

You are a bit of a joke when you scratch below the surface aren’t you? Flip flopping all over the place. 

21 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

Our club should be shouting at the rooftops over this .On the grounds of sporting integrity .No laughing at the back 

Well we all know it’s what the bheasts would be doing .Yet if it were other way round .The rule book would be in the bin

And every bear knows that 

Too many cunts like The Dude in power at our club, they will happily nod and clap the scum for a job well done. 

Given our league form surely Aberdeen would fancy their chances of 2nd place and St Johnstone would fancy beating us in the game in hand taking them above Hibs and so more prize money. All this nonsense just so the Scum can have another worthless title. 

4 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Are they giving the Scum the Scottish Cup as well??

I mean if games that are left to be played mean nothing then the team that have won it 3 times on the trot and are god knows how many games unbeaten in the cup should be awarded that as well. 

Aye, if it’s not played to a conclusion then surely the competition is being declared as null and void. What’s good for the Goose and all that.

At the end of the day for me it comes down to one simple question:-

What is the correct way to proceed.

There are 3 obvious ways to look at it, what is the priority:-

1. Following the rules, which were not set out to cover for a situation like this. Which we have seen they can interpret any which way they like regardless.

2. Most profitable method. Seems to be the way they are going down. They are bending the rules to avoid being hit in the pocket. Might as well go the whole hog and keep Hearts up and relegate one of the smaller teams to be honest.

3. The fairest way. Do some form of reconstruction. Dont relegate the clubs who had a chance to stay up, find a way to promote the teams who looked likely to come up. Yes this might fuck up some TV contracts, but are we just to accept that money overules fairness? If so the game is a fucking bogey. 

1 minute ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

Aye, if it’s not played to a conclusion then surely the competition is being declared as null and void. What’s good for the Goose and all that.

Actually surprised the Scum aren’t banging on about getting their Quad Treble being awarded given their cup record recently. 

6 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

But you are saying that this is your personal stance as well.

You have just stated that in your opinion, Partick Thistle should be condemned down to Division 1.

You do know that it is okay for you to call this whole thing a cluster fuck and you dont know the best way to fix it.

The problem people are having with you at the moment on here is one minute you are claiming 'it is what they are doing, and nothing will stop it', the next moment you are saying 'I agree with the action they are taking' and the next you are saying 'what they are doing is unfair'.

I've said it time and again. The whole thing is a fucking mess and theres no way to resolve it that everyone will find fair.

1 minute ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Actually surprised the Scum aren’t banging on about getting their Quad Treble being awarded given their cup record recently. 

Should just save time and award them 5 in row trebles imo.

Archived