The league must be voided

6 minutes ago, MisterC said:

It's not even got properly started, we ain't seen nothing yet with this. 

There's some sporting events been postponed till September and October Collie,  as you say there's more to come out of this.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, EatDolphins said:

I don't believe it'll come to that at all. People simply won't let their whole life be put on hold for months because the flu outs going about. The over reaction to all this is beyond a joke. 

They won't have any option if the leagues don't allow games to go ahead. 

Just now, EatDolphins said:

This isn't China mind. Wether it's for the best or not people won't just lie down and do as they're told.

Whats that to do with football not being back until September? If leagues don't sanction competitions then clubs can't play. 

7 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Whats that to do with football not being back until September? If leagues don't sanction competitions then clubs can't play. 

Why would football leagues not be running when every other part of life was back to normal? Remember the associations won't want to postpone leagues any longer than public opinion demands since they'll be losing money hand over fist. Government enforcement will only exist until people get fucked off with it. Has the country ever been in this kind of position with the flu? 

It's been a massive knee jerk reaction to a situation society has found it's self in every year since international travel was a thing. 

Totally  Class Act.

Jurgen Klopp commenting that if one life is saved by the FA league suspension it will have been worth it .And

“But I think in the present moment, with so many people around our city, the region, the country and the world facing anxiety and uncertainty, it would be entirely wrong to speak about anything other than advising people to follow expert advice and look after themselves and each other.

“The message from the team to our supporters is only about your well-being. Put your health first. Don’t take any risk. Think about the vulnerable in our society and act where possible with compassion for them.

“Please look after yourselves and look out for each other.”

Totally Crass Act.

Neil Lennon primarily concerned about getting the League title given to celtic , a long miserable face and crestfallen body language at their press conference,giving his and no doubt his club's selfish and myopic  take on  sporting integrity.Forget the fact that it is mathematically possible for Rangers to snatch it from them.Heard of Helicopter Sunday Lennon.

8 minutes ago, EatDolphins said:

Why would football leagues not be running when every other part of life was back to normal? Remember the associations won't want to postpone leagues any longer than public opinion demands since they'll be losing money hand over fist. Government enforcement will only exist until people get fucked off with it. Has the country ever been in this kind of position with the flu? 

It's been a massive knee jerk reaction to a situation society has found it's self in every year since international travel was a thing. 

Because every other aspect of life won't be back to normal. 

No, I can't think of ever being in a situation like this with flu.

This is the second pandemic declared in my lifetime (I'm 33) so christ knows where you got that it's something thag happens every year. 

Just now, The Dude said:

Because every other aspect of life won't be back to normal. 

No, I can't think of ever being in a situation like this with flu.

This is the second pandemic declared in my lifetime (I'm 33) so christ knows where you got that it's something thag happens every year. 

The flu kills tens of thousands every year and has done for decades. No one bats an eyelid. This virus is no different and mortality rates will be the similar. Once people pull their heads out their arse and realise that they'll demand sanctions are lifted and life returns to normal. 

1 minute ago, EatDolphins said:

The flu kills tens of thousands every year and has done for decades. No one bats an eyelid. This virus is no different and mortality rates will be the similar. Once people pull their heads out their arse and realise that they'll demand sanctions are lifted and life returns to normal. 

The mortality rates are not similar, neither are the infection rates.

Both are far higher than the flu, as confirmed by the Chief Medic and Chief Scientist for the UK.

Just now, EatDolphins said:

The main difference with seasonal flu is we have vaccines immunity, thats not the case with this so there are some differences. 

Mortality rates will be similar but infection rates will be much, much higher so while the mortality rate will remain c1-2%, the UKs current plan will see some 40million brits get it. 

Were nowhere near the worst of it yet but it looks as though its going to get pretty bad. I dont think theres been an example of 40m people in the UK suffering a virus like that in close order. Certainly never happened last year, or the year before. Or any time in my lifetime. 

Now I know it’s a different sport but the 1897 rugby union Home Championships were started but Wales pulled out due to withdrawal of the Welsh Rugby Union from the International Rugby Board.

The tournament went uncompleted and has no Champion listed.

That is correct because no one won it. 

The way it should be.

40 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

As long as Liverpool aren't awarded the league we'll be fine.

But watch out for loaded question after loaded question aimed Gerrard's way about Liverpool.

A keep in touch with a boy that a used to work with years ago that supports them and he's shiting himself that they won't get the title,it's funny as fuck reading his messages. he's having a meltdown compared to what his manager said 

This directive from the SFA includes grassroots football all the way up to Juniors, East of Scotland, Highland, Lowland, Amatuer leagues  etc etc etc.

Does anyone realise or contemplate the enormous task at hand or fallout if all these leagues stopped and prizes, relegations were handed out based on results to date.

It ain't happening, everything has got to be null and void.

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

The main difference with seasonal flu is we have vaccines immunity, thats not the case with this so there are some differences. 

Mortality rates will be similar but infection rates will be much, much higher so while the mortality rate will remain c1-2%, the UKs current plan will see some 40million brits get it. 

Were nowhere near the worst of it yet but it looks as though its going to get pretty bad. I dont think theres been an example of 40m people in the UK suffering a virus like that in close order. Certainly never happened last year, or the year before. Or any time in my lifetime. 

Mortality rates for the flu here are about 0.1% mate. This is likely to be about 1%, so 10 times higher.

3 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Doctor Dude at Large 😂😂

5 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Yep, the vulnerable in our society are generally vaccinated against the flu, the rest of us have built up a natural immunity over the years.

The infection rate is therefore way way higher, there is also the possibility of a mutation resulting in much worse symptoms for all of us.

but the RM experts know best 🤧

5 minutes ago, EatDolphins said:

I dont know how bad the virus really is but I reckon it's worse than you're saying it is

But regardless if the virus is really that bad or not, the situation regarding it's spread is just beginning. This is just the start of the outbreak, all the experts are saying this is likely to last for the next 3 months at least.

If you think the football is going to be up and running again in a couple weeks I think you're deluding yourself. I was just about to book flights to come back home in August but I've put off booking them cause this situation could play out for longer than that for all we know

42 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

As long as Liverpool aren't awarded the league we'll be fine.

But watch out for loaded question after loaded question aimed Gerrard's way about Liverpool.

Gerrard should keep his mouth shut on Liverpool, we pay him😂

Concerning the football the only fair way to deal with it if the season is scrapped is to do it in a way that fair to every team and the only fair thing is to put everyone back where they were at the start and not by putting them where they might be at the end. The seasons fucked, doesn't matter if it's 3 games in or 30, if this lasts more than a couple weeks which it almost certainly will then we just need to wipe this season and start back where we were at the beginning of the season

Archived