The league must be voided

9 minutes ago, The Dude said:

They do but there are an unequal number of games played by the sides and Partick could overtake them by winning that game - that said, I do expect Partick will go down on the basis they are tenth in the Championship.

I'm not saying the rules provide for a playoff for Thistle and Qots but that my own opinion is that would be the fairest way given the imbalance in games played. That's what we're all complaining about isn't it, doing what's fair?

Its also why I've said that I think the SPFL should (but wont) pay St. Johnstone the prize money for finishing sixth - they have a game in hand on Hibs and could have overtaken them.

Inverness are being denied entry to a competition which has neither kicked off or been scheduled.

Yes we are talking about the rules and what is fair.

The rules by your own admission are looking to be followed in a way which is not fair.

They are interpreting the rules in a way which causes them the least trouble. They are not doing what is most fair.

If you truly believe that they are following a path which is fundamentally unfair, then you should be writing about it. Instead you seem willing just to accept what you are being told whist shrugging your shoulders.

Edit: The playoffs are dictated in the rules. The SPFL may use their overpowering discretion to void that rule out of convenience, but it just makes things more unfair. 

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, eskbankloyal said:

It wont. It’s all empty bluster from Hearts. They’ll probably flatten the prize money payments in order to effectively keep Hearts sweet. 

If you think Anne Budge will accept relegation after getting a decent manager in who would probably keep them up you are deluded. 

Just now, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Yes we are talking about the rules and what is fair.

The rules by your own admission are looking to be followed in a way which is not fair.

They are interpreting the rules in a way which causes them the least trouble. They are not doing what is most fair.

If you truly believe that they are following a path which is fundamentally unfair, then you should be writing about it. Instead you seem willing just to accept what you are being told whist shrugging your shoulders.

There's no outcome to this thats fair. Null and void isn't fair. So if we're talking about fairness, thats also off the table.

They are doing what causes their members the least trouble too. That's their obligation first.

Every path is unfair. Null and void is fundamentally unfair to some clubs. Should I write about that too?

3 hours ago, Hutton2008 said:

Not saying they won’t - just saying it being reported.

https://www.BOYCOTT THIS LINK/sport/football/football-news/spfl-face-null-void-demand-21697590.amp

Surprised it’s only one. Should be at least two.

It seems certain that the tarriers will be anointed champions regardless

Maybe, but I'm willing to bet this will eventually end up in the CAS. What's happening just now is only the beginning and there will be plenty of teams all over Europe who will take this to the CAS.

7 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Then feel free to do so.

100s of posters who steer away because I've posted? Away not talk pish. Where are they on all the other threads?

I've not compared the situations. The case is made solely on what is in the SPFL rules. Nothing to do with what any other league are doing.

You asked specifically if any other leagues were about to crown champions despite their season not being completed. There's no comparison there.

Bullshit!

The SPFL rules are being applied in exactly the way they need to be for the SPFL to get the outcome they want.

Half of the mechanisms you are talking about come from rules which basically say the board have discretion to rip up whatever rules they want and keep the ones that benefit their outcome.

Look at the playoffs, they are specifically stated in the rules. Yet this rule is to be voided through a rule which gives them full discretion. 

When everything comes back to the 'boards discretion' then this is just a cover for them doing whatever the fuck they want.

Im sorry, but if you dont see this, then you are a shite journalist.

2 minutes ago, Cracked Actor said:

The Dude still lingering about this thread like a bad smell. You have given your opinion, you don't need to repeat it every other post. 

He’s going for the “Most Posts By A Tim In A Single RM Thread” award to sit alongside his picture of popcorn teeth with yet another unearned title.

3 minutes ago, The Dude said:

There's no outcome to this thats fair. Null and void isn't fair. So if we're talking about fairness, thats also off the table.

They are doing what causes their members the least trouble too. That's their obligation first.

Every path is unfair. Null and void is fundamentally unfair to some clubs. Should I write about that too?

If the outcome that caused the least trouble to members was deciding to call Rangers the champions, even though we are 13 points behind celtic, would that be the best course of action? Of course it wouldnt, this is a sport and things have to be as fair as possible. That takes priority over making members clubs life easy.

Yes, absolutely you should write about Null and Void being unfair also.

A rational voice would be one considering all the options and highlighting the unfair outcomes of them all, and striving to highlight scenarios that would be possible and better.

We could easily reduce the unfair nature of it. Expand the leagues, no relegation, teams still get promoted. Yes this highlights issues with finances on tv deals, but this would be part of the story. Is money more important than the fairness of the game? 

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

He's not very good. He's done well against us but he's toiled badly at times. Tbh, i think they were going down anyway

Theres no way of knowing.  Anne Budge spent money to try keep them up  if you think she's going to just accept relegation you're living in fantasy land.

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

He's not very good. He's done well against us but he's toiled badly at times. Tbh, i think they were going down anyway

The problem is you can’t just think something is going to happen to justify it.

Thats why null and void is the only sensible way to go.

2 minutes ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

Theres no way of knowing.  Anne Budge spent money to try keep them up  if you think she's going to just accept relegation you're living in fantasy land.

Dundee United spent money to come up if you think they're just going to accept being denied promotion you're living in fantasy land.

52 minutes ago, The Dude said:

How it fair to deny clubs promotion and save others from relegation?

Null and Void is fair in equal measure for everyone based on this global pandemic. Tough luck that some were close, but the season wasn’t completed - anything could still happen. 
However, handing  out titles, relegation, promotion based on probability is giving advantage to some teams over others. If a team was ahead and it were mathematically impossible to be caught, fair enough, otherwise it’s a bogey. 

Archived