Sign in to follow this  
mitre_mouldmaster

The league must be voided

Just now, STEPPS BOY said:

Ayr United will be fine if it’s gatherings of over 500 people.

Yep, they'll survive financially with those numbers, as will grass roots football.

2 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Then actually fucking read what is being posted.

I used it as an example of a sport which gives out prizes despite not going the full distance. Nothing that said after it...so that means celtic should get the title.

You used it as an example,that’s exactly what I said.

Dont start your patronising shite. This is a debate, that is all.

You aren’t above a single person on here so don’t act like you are 👍

19 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

looked on the clyde ssb twatter and see they have constantly been posting popcorn teeths claims the league is theirs, nothing like trying to peddle their lies for them eh?

It's been the tarriers goto for the past 4 decades throw enough shite and some will eventually stick

4 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

The problem isn't the size of the crowd. It is the fact the players union won't allow them to play football.

Good point.

1 minute ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

You cited another league as a 'precedent' then claimed I done the same with F1. Made up shite.

"You told me yesterday that the season 1939/40 couldn’t be compared as it’s two different footballing bodies yet it’s ok to example F1?"

"So how many games does it take to declare a winner? 

"Where in the rule book is the percentage in football?

"If there isn’t a rule for either then why are you mentioning them?

I mentioned them in relation to a Formula One race as was perfectly evident to anyone with the reading comprehension of a small child.

Just now, The Dude said:

You cited another league as a 'precedent' then claimed I done the same with F1. Made up shite.

"You told me yesterday that the season 1939/40 couldn’t be compared as it’s two different footballing bodies yet it’s ok to example F1?"

I mentioned them in relation to a Formula One race as was perfectly evident to anyone with the reading comprehension of a small child.

I said you used F1 as an example. Don’t change my words. You admitted you used it as an example.

I will defend your right on here to have your viewpoint whether I agree or not but don’t patronise or change words to suit. 👍

4 minutes ago, HuistraHairDo said:

It's been the tarriers goto for the past 4 decades throw enough shite and some will eventually stick

They're quite adept at using the press to influence decision. A tactic used by politicians.

Anyway need to go out, there is no other sport to compare and no other example of a season being shortened to compare. This is new and it will get dealt with. It has to be properly done.

If the virus does continue  until the summer I can't see how they can play for a year non-stop going straight from this season into next in August

7 minutes ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

I said you used F1 as an example. Don’t change my words. You admitted you used it as an example.

I will defend your right on here to have your viewpoint whether I agree or not but don’t patronise or change words to suit. 👍

That's literally a direct quote of you. You cited the 1940 season as a precedent why the SPFL should null and void. My reference to F1 was nothing like that whatsoever and infact referred to what happens at the end of an F1 race if it is ended early or, as in my example, it had gone on aslong as the SPFL season has.

18 minutes ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

The cunt thinks he is better than all of us.  

3 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Can you confirm that the league of 1939/40 was declared void with The Rangers sitting top, due to a national emergency (war), should precedent not apply if the Government declare a national emergency under present circumstances.

5 minutes ago, backup said:

Can you confirm that the league of 1939/40 was declared void with The Rangers sitting top, due to a national emergency (war), should precedent not apply if the Government declare a national emergency under present circumstances.

The 39/40 League was declared void with Rangers one point clear after five games.

It was agreed between clubs to replace the SFL with emergency competitions instead. Rangers won the first edition and were crown champions in 1940. As the leagues were not organised by the SFL, they are considered unofficial and aren't counted in the club's record.

It was a different League body. (Scottish Football League/Scottish Professional Football League).

The SPFL feel their rulebook adequately covers it and an example from a different league body under a different rule book isn't a precedent.

5 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Heard anything yet?

He's just gone into a hastily-arranged (club) board meeting and is going to call when he comes out.

Just now, HuistraHairDo said:

@The Dude thought you said you were full time journo?

You've been on this thread  for 9hrs solid

Aye, i've also published nine stories today and am currently sat waiting to interview an SPFL chairman. Having a single tab open on here isn't difficult. Especially now we're effectively confined to the house/office at the moment so I'm not out and about at clubs and having to do everything via email, slack or phone.

https://www.dn.pt/desportos/uefa-sugere-declarar-campeoes-os-primeiros-classificados-dos-campeonatos-11935361.html

Translate the Spanish article

UEFA is preparing this Tuesday, at the meeting with its 55 affiliated associations, to standardize the criteria to define who are the champions of each of the leagues, as well as the teams that go up and down the division, in case the championships national policies are not resumed. The news is released this Monday by the Spanish newspaper AS, guaranteeing that the objective of that organization is to ensure "justice and equal merits" in accessing next year's Champions League and Europa League. In this sense, UEFA argues that the leaders of each league should be declared champions when the competition is permanently suspended. A position that is based on what happened in 1999, when Partizan Belgrade was declared champion at the moment when the Balkan War started, when there were still ten rounds to end the Yugoslavia championship. SOCCER What if the championships are canceled? The scenarios on the table Even so, the body that oversees European football believes that it will be possible to conclude all competitions, as it is counting on the postponement of the European Championship to 2021, so that the other competitions could be held on the dates reserved for the European Championship, which would begin on June 12. The postponement of Euro 2020 for one year is, therefore, one of the most important themes that will be on the table of the meeting, as well as the format for the conclusion of European competitions, in case football can return before July. Subscribe to the Diário de Notícias newsletters and receive the information first hand.