The league must be voided

39 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Did you correct him on the fallacy ?

"Someone on the radio last night said that to get a change to the structure, it would need a vote of 75% of the members. Ok. Let’s sit down and talk then. In this sort of situation, you need to get the views of all the clubs and have a vote but I don’t see any of that being organised and that has to happen"

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, backup said:

Did you correct him on the fallacy ?

"Someone on the radio last night said that to get a change to the structure, it would need a vote of 75% of the members. Ok. Let’s sit down and talk then. In this sort of situation, you need to get the views of all the clubs and have a vote but I don’t see any of that being organised and that has to happen"

Its a fallacy that it needs 75% of members to vote on restructuring? 

I can see where this is going. They will do everything in their power to complete the season. The only way that can happen is to play games behind closed doors. So basically finish the season whilst putting humans at risk. The players union will need to step in and vehemently be opposed to that. The players have rights.

1 minute ago, bluenoz said:

I can see where this is going. They will do everything in their power to complete the season. The only way that can happen is to play games behind closed doors. So basically finish the season whilst putting humans at risk. The players union will need to step in and vehemently be opposed to that. The players have rights.

Already been rejected. 

1 minute ago, bluenoz said:

They can’t play matches behind closed doors later if they aren’t doing it now. It’s not being done because of health reasons. Those health reasons aren’t going away for the foreseeable. And remember sporting integrity dictates the season cannot be extended for the integrity of the game. That must be adhered to 👍

Just now, bluenoz said:

True but there isn't really much in the way of alternatives. 

Null and void will be deeply unpopular (yes we would love it.)

Using existing standings will be a mixed bag depending. Few will be as unhappy as us, especially as there's the potential for gerrymandering. 

Waiting until summer/end of the epidemic puts pressure on players bodies and serious fixture issues. And has financial implications.

Playing behind closed doors distances the fans but opens up TV possibilities.

I would prefer finishing in summer and having a shorter season next year. How practical that is, I have no idea.

1 minute ago, writingranger said:

Using existing standings will be a mixed bag depending. Few will be as unhappy as us, especially as there's the potential for gerrymandering. 

Waiting until summer/end of the epidemic puts pressure on players bodies and serious fixture issues. And has financial implications.

I would prefer finishing in summer and having a shorter season next year. How practical that is, I have no idea.

I think the issue is behind closed doors aint an option due to the players union. If its true that UEFA are saying that the end of june is deadline for completing leagues then that probably wont be achievable. Null and void looks the likely outcome in that case.

7 minutes ago, writingranger said:

Null and void is 100% the only way everyone gets treated the same. 

Popular and unpopular can take a back seat. 

7 minutes ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

Null and void is 100% the only way everyone gets treated the same. 

Popular and unpopular can take a back seat. 

If you only count games played, everyone gets treated the same. Just the consequences are different.

Probably been posted, and seen the same thing being mentioned earlier but this is interesting:-

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2020/03/17/exclusive-uefa-want-european-domestic-seasons-finished-end-june/

Premier League clubs are expected to find out today that Uefa want the European domestic season to be completed by the end of June.

Europe’s governing body also want the Champions League and Europa League to be completed and believe all leagues across Europe should restart at the same time.

That will spark more fears that the season may have to be declared void if the coronavirus outbreak makes it impossible for clubs to complete their fixture lists by June 30.

1 minute ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Probably been posted, and seen the same thing being mentioned earlier but this is interesting:-

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2020/03/17/exclusive-uefa-want-european-domestic-seasons-finished-end-june/

Premier League clubs are expected to find out today that Uefa want the European domestic season to be completed by the end of June.

Europe’s governing body also want the Champions League and Europa League to be completed and believe all leagues across Europe should restart at the same time.

That will spark more fears that the season may have to be declared void if the coronavirus outbreak makes it impossible for clubs to complete their fixture lists by June 30.

Per the Polish FA:

"1. If the situation allows, maximum efforts will be made to complete all competitions in the national leagues and European cups by 30 June 2020. 

"2. There will be no exclusivity for the individual games: national leagues will be able to be played in the middle of the week, and matches in European cups during weekends. 

"3. The dates of the qualifying rounds for the European cups in the 2020/21 season will be determined depending on the completion of individual national leagues."

Just now, The Dude said:

If you only count games played, everyone gets treated the same. Just the consequences are different.

Except teams like Partick who played less games.

I would agree that there is little if anything between Null and Void and calling things where they stand, both of these scenarios are equally unfair.

That is till you consider the scenario of Partick Thistle. This makes the call things where they stand ever so little more unfair than null and void.

4 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Per the Polish FA:

"1. If the situation allows, maximum efforts will be made to complete all competitions in the national leagues and European cups by 30 June 2020. 

"2. There will be no exclusivity for the individual games: national leagues will be able to be played in the middle of the week, and matches in European cups during weekends. 

"3. The dates of the qualifying rounds for the European cups in the 2020/21 season will be determined depending on the completion of individual national leagues."

No danger is this being completed by the end of June.

I think uefa have to step in and apply a single approach. Cant have cunts in the CL who were sitting 8th in their table from one league along with others who were 30 points clear!

5 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

I would agree that there is little if anything between Null and Void and calling things where they stand, both of these scenarios are equally unfair.

That is till you consider the scenario of Partick Thistle. This makes the call things where they stand ever so little more unfair than null and void.

If celtic get awarded a title they didn’t win they are treated differently to everyone else.

If Hearts go down without being relegated they are treated differently to everyone else.

If Dundee Utd get promoted without winning their league they are treated differently to everyone else.

There are more examples but I can’t be arsed typing them 😂

But apart from that everyone gets treated the same 😂😂😂

5 hours ago, writingranger said:

Bit strong.

The Dude is arguing about what is fair and not loyalty. If the situation was reversed...well things might be different.

I don't agree that the championship should be awarded but that is only a difference of opinion and he does not deserve that kind of abuse.

Not too strong imo.

He’s been lapping up the anger that real Rangers fans have been feeling over the weekend.

If he gave a damn about our club, he’d share that anger instead of coming across as a smug, ITK twat revelling in every post from one of us disgusted at the naked corruption before our eyes.

Wish people would stop referring to him as one of us because he’s a fucking million miles from being a Rangers supporter. 

13 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

They would still be treated the same in that their results up to, lets say today, would be what their season is judged on. I'm not saying it's fair but it's the exact same way that East Fife, Arbroath or Clyde are being treated.

Thistle's the one that makes things most difficult imo (as we established 50? pages ago 😂)

Thistle are also one of the big losers if you void it. Guess  who loses out on a guaranteed cup final?

Although, I will point out that (and this is less for your sake) that UEFA seem to have gone down the first step of the path I suggested they would and declare a specific deadline for leagues to be completed.

24 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Read the Articles of Association. It's in there.

the articles are crystal, present proposals come under "reserved matters" which require a 90% majority.

Qualified Resolution means, in relation to those Reserved Matters referred to in Article 62, a resolution of the Company at a General Meeting, of which notice has been duly given in accordance with these Articles, and which requires the support of not less than 90% of the Members

14 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

The SFA /SPFL will be busting their guts out to make the scum the champions 

Looks like UEFA May have then going into a panic 

I can see them being desperate mind 

100% mate, imagine having to call the tramps chairman and explain the leagues null and void this season, a few would be losing their jobs @ SPFL etc...

Archived