The league must be voided

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
39 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

International break is bad enough and even there’s still football on then, but until August never mind longer is dreadful to think about

Not as dreadful as all those people that are going to die in the meantime. At a time like this, footballs place in the priority list is way down the lower leagues, so to speak 

UEFA wants this season's Champions League and Europa League campaigns to be concluded and the continent's domestic leagues all to resume at the same time.

Premier League clubs are expected to discuss UEFA's plans in their own meeting on Thursday.

There is growing concern that the season could be declared null and void with government guidelines suggesting the impact of coronavirus is still to get far worse. 

But with the suspension of English football expected to be extended beyond the current date of April 3, and with nine or 10 matches still to be played for each team, it seems unlikely the English top flight will be able to be completed by UEFA's proposed end-of-June deadline.

54 minutes ago, magic8ball said:

All of us over 35 and especially 40 have the goal Laudrup scored to win 9 in a row firmly in our memory 

if they were handed this title and then claim it as 9 ,what memory do these shameless taigs have ,Doncaster signing a document ?

I remember Laudrup header well.  The only headed goal he ever scored for us.  Then in the Bristol pushed and signing all night.

celtic fans will have no memories like that.  No open bus parades.  No party down the pub.  They couldn’t even release a fucking DVD calling it a historic season since it’s incomplete and they’ve been beaten at home to Cluj, us, and Copenhagen.  Chance of another treble fucked as well.

43 minutes ago, MurrayWilson said:

Don't agree with it counting, it shouldn't. They never won it. And a void wouldn't break the sequence, no. Unfortunately.

Null and void and restart the league. 

Gives us a second chance to stop the nine and the bonus of a transfer window to weed out the shitebags from our team. 

I will take that no problem 😂👍

June 30th is when UEFA want it done, that’s that confirmed. 

Not a chance this is happening lol, they’d need to start it back in April/May at the earliest cause there’s no chance we’ll be happy to play tae the end of June and have literally 2-3 weeks before European qualifiers again. 

Null and void

13 minutes ago, TMB said:

I remember Laudrup header well.  The only headed goal he ever scored for us.  Then in the Bristol pushed and signing all night.

celtic fans will have no memories like that.  No open bus parades.  No party down the pub.  They couldn’t even release a fucking DVD calling it a historic season since it’s incomplete and they’ve been beaten at home to Cluj, us, and Copenhagen.  Chance of another treble fucked as well.

Are u not about 30 m8 ?😂

5 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

Not a chance this is happening lol, they’d need to start it back in April/May at the earliest cause there’s no chance we’ll be happy to play tae the end of June and have literally 2-3 weeks before European qualifiers again. 

Null and void

I'm assuming they have picked June 30th because it coincides with players contracts expiring.  Null & void it is.

1 minute ago, bluenoz said:

I'm assuming they have picked June 30th because it coincides with players contracts expiring.  Null & void it is.

That’s my thinking. Anything after that date leaves clubs at a disadvantage with players leaving and loan players going back to their clubs.

To squeeze all the games in the league would need to be up and running by May but that’s not going to happen as this crisis will be worse then than it is now.

Null and Void 100% for me.

Just now, Dave Hedgehog said:

That’s my thinking. Anything after that date leaves clubs at a disadvantage with players leaving and loan players going back to their clubs.

To squeeze all the games in the league would need to be up and running by May but that’s not going to happen as this crisis will be worse then than it is now.

Null and Void 100% for me.

and now that null & void is gaining some momentum, a certain poster isn't so vocal 😉

16 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

Null and void

Bheasts statement imminent now:ohmy:

All media poodles told of time for conference call ......... Operation plan B 

Archived