The league must be voided

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

I think they'll declare scum winners. Declare hearts 12th but not relegated. Promote Dundee utd plus Inverness (2nd) and go with a 14 team league. Out of that probably only us and Dundee 3rd would be unhappy, but they're insignificant and we take it up the arse.

39 games then 6 after split. Probably drop a cup for a year, no replays in remaining cup, and do away with winter break to accommodate increase in games.  TV would still get 4 OF games too. Think Willie Hills ended sponsorship of Scottish cup so a cup realistically could be dropped (I think).

Replicate the winners award but no relegation in lower divisions.

Off now to put lotto on, guaranteed to win as I'm so good at predicting  😁

I understand what you are saying, but how can they declare a winner and then fudge the situation so that there is a loser who doesn’t lose. Sellick get all the benefits of winning, Hearts none of the drawbacks. Doesn’t seem right to me.

I imagine that the spfl will, whether they want to or not, be part of a Europe wide decision on what to do. In some cases (england) there may be a strong argument in declaring liverpool champions but that is not the case elsewhere by a long chalk. I don't know whether they put in a 1 season change eg completing this league from August, having a break the a 19 game championship without a winter break etc.

Any other solutions not agreed by consensus may well open  the possibility of years of litigation.

10 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

I think they'll declare scum winners. Declare hearts 12th but not relegated. Promote Dundee utd plus Inverness (2nd) and go with a 14 team league. Out of that probably only us and Dundee 3rd would be unhappy, but they're insignificant and we take it up the arse.

39 games then 6 after split. Probably drop a cup for a year, no replays in remaining cup, and do away with winter break to accommodate increase in games.  TV would still get 4 OF games too. Think Willie Hills ended sponsorship of Scottish cup so a cup realistically could be dropped (I think).

Hope you are shite at predicting but I get where you are coming from . They will do everything in their power , to get this over the line for the scum .

Yet no treble , no 9 in a row without a proper asterisk , no glory of actually winning the title properly .Only being handed it . Like a cheap trick .

The scum love a cheap trick don't they

11 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

I could see that happening in scotland, definitely. Hoping there will be a UEFA response to this that agrees a common approach that doesn't leave it in the hands of individual leagues.

47 minutes ago, BlueThunder said:

If the league is voided then Dundee u and the filth start legal proceedings.

if the league is declared now then Hearts start legal proceedings. Our board wouldn’t have the balls.

I think I can therefore see which course of action open to the SPFL is more likely.

The filth and Dundee Hibs have no legal case.

Judge: “Have all the fixtures been played?”

Liewell: “No, your honour but...”

Judge: “Case dismissed. Next?”

:dance:

28 minutes ago, BlueThunder said:

I understand what you are saying, but how can they declare a winner and then fudge the situation so that there is a loser who doesn’t lose. Sellick get all the benefits of winning, Hearts none of the drawbacks. Doesn’t seem right to me.

Because they're corrupt, scared of taking on the power of the scums legal team, and above all looking for the least worst solution. It's not about rules. According to the Dude on the sfa thread they're already having conversations with clubs about going with current league positions. As far as a can see, they're fudging their rules to suit their agenda.

1 minute ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Because they're corrupt, scared of taking on the power of the scums legal team, and above all looking for the least worst solution. It's not about rules. According to the Dude on the sfa thread they're already having conversations with clubs about going with current league positions. As far as a can see, they're fudging their rules to suit their agenda.

As they do!

29 minutes ago, writingranger said:

I imagine that the spfl will, whether they want to or not, be part of a Europe wide decision on what to do. In some cases (england) there may be a strong argument in declaring liverpool champions but that is not the case elsewhere by a long chalk. I don't know whether they put in a 1 season change eg completing this league from August, having a break the a 19 game championship without a winter break etc.

Any other solutions not agreed by consensus may well open  the possibility of years of litigation.

I think you are probably right.  Even with the EPL, the relegation places are far from clear, nor are the promotion places in the Championship.  Any decision which tries to achieve something which many people will regard as "fair" (i.e Liverpool being declared champions) will result in some clubs being seriously disadvantaged.  

The option that nobody can make a legal argument against is that the competition has not been completed and is therefore void - this is a well recognised situation in sport

...and therefore has sporting integrity

43 minutes ago, BlueThunder said:

Be like scrubbing the final of the 100 mtr sprint and awarding the gold medal to the fastest time in the heats 😉

I can't see Aberdeen being willing to accept standings either - the fourth spot only gets a Europa place if one of the top three wins the Scottish Cup (currently unplayed).

Hearts potentially could still stay up, and Hamiltion could also play themselves out of the relegation play-off spot. You can't have just the automatic promotion/demotion done yet discount the playoff teams - they've fought (and spent) to get there. Unfortunately you just can't play said games fairly.

You've also got the prize money per spot:

1st - 13.40% - £3,350,000 
2nd - 9.60% - £2,400,000 
3rd - 8.25% - £2,062,500 
4th - 7.25% - £1,812,500 
5th - 6.75% - £1,687,500 
6th - 6.25% - £1,562,500 
7th - 5.75% - £1,437,500 
8th - 5.50% - £1,375,000 
9th - 5.25% - £1,312,500 
10th -5.00% - £1,250,000 
11th - 4.75% - £1,187,500 
12th - 4.50% - £1,125,000 

There's a few teams with a chance of moving up a place or two, but for the sake of £100k (a lot of money to most clubs here, but dwarfed by likely legal fees) I don't know if they'd fight it.

Delaying the league to the summer's a minefield between player contracts being up, transfers taking place and fixed holidays for some players/coaches., assuming we could even play at that point given the projected 'peak'. Starting the next season early allows teams to potentially bring in a big-name loan or two in order to help the relegation or promotion fight, but interferes with the zillion qualifiers for Europa2 , Europa and CL.

Every league's impacted at this point, and realistically in the same way - it should be a UEFA decision that applies to every country. Hopefully they void any cup(s) already won whilst they're at it if they rule the season void 😉 I think other sports have to be on-board too - if the football season's void, so is the f1 etc. Having different decisions makes it messy.

Say they restart late summer, reschedule next season with a bit of restructuring thrown in.

Hearts sign six new players on short term contracts (players who are not available to them currently) win most of the remaining games and overtake Accies and St Mirren.

Where is the sporting integrity in that?

The only moral option is to start the season again.

I am coming round to opinion that the only practical solution that has integrity is to declare the season void. I think there's a case that if it were mathematically impossible for a team to lose a championship or avoid relegation that should stand but there are so many problems around extending leagues or awarding victories that haven't been won that alternatives are much worse.

On radio Scotland just now some guy has been talking to the SFA and SPFL and they are minded not to void it and they wont compromise the start of next season so this season will not go beyond it's normal time frame.  There was talk of thinking about awarding titles on the basis of current league positions and I expect that would face a legal challenge.  He said the Scottish football authorities were looking towards the English one to guide them.

1 hour ago, writingranger said:

You are right. England is not a good test case. Look at Italy, look at Spain, what will the football authorities do there?

Hearts could still stay up and qualify for Europe (Scottish Cup) but would find themselves in the Championship.

UEFA could help by doubling the size of CL and EL league phases. It would only introduce 1 more round after the league phases to get numbers down but would allow associations to send more teams.

An early decision to quit would help. Teams could stand down early, give footballers a break but next season could also start early. This would allow league restructuring across the continent, to balance out issues with promotion and relegation.

Stop now, declare anything not decisively complete as void, and get ready for a 2020/21 super season!

2 minutes ago, Coop said:

On radio Scotland just now some guy has been talking to the SFA and SPFL and they are minded not to void it and they wont compromise the start of next season so this season will not go beyond it's normal time frame.  There was talk of thinking about awarding titles on the basis of current league positions and I expect that would face a legal challenge.  He said the Scottish football authorities were looking towards the English one to guide them.

Seems sensible

38 minutes ago, frenv said:

I can't see Aberdeen being willing to accept standings either - the fourth spot only gets a Europa place if one of the top for wins the Scottish Cup (currently unplayed).

Hearts potentially could still stay up, and Hamiltion could also play themselves out of the relegation play-off spot.

You've also got the prize money per spot:

1st - 13.40% - £3,350,000 
2nd - 9.60% - £2,400,000 
3rd - 8.25% - £2,062,500 
4th - 7.25% - £1,812,500 
5th - 6.75% - £1,687,500 
6th - 6.25% - £1,562,500 
7th - 5.75% - £1,437,500 
8th - 5.50% - £1,375,000 
9th - 5.25% - £1,312,500 
10th -5.00% - £1,250,000 
11th - 4.75% - £1,187,500 
12th - 4.50% - £1,125,000 

There's a few teams with a chance of moving up a place or two, but for the sake of £100k (a lot of money to most clubs here, but dwarfed by likely legal fees) I don't know if they'd fight it.

Delaying the league to the summer's a minefield between player contracts being up, transfers taking place and fixed holidays for some players/coaches., assuming we could even play at that point given the projected 'peak'. Starting the next season early allows teams to potentially bring in a big-name loan or two in order to help the relegation or promotion fight, but interferes with the zillion qualifiers for Europa2 , Europa and CL.

Every league's impacted at this point, and realistically in the same way - it should be a UEFA decision that applies to every country. Hopefully they void any cup(s) already won whilst they're at it if they rule the season void 😉 I think other sports have to be on-board too - if the football season's void, so is the f1 etc. Having different decisions makes it messy.

That’s the only way football in Scotland would have any sporting integrity and it would be down to a virus instead of a disease such as status quo, it was criminal they bastards won that cup anyway

1 hour ago, doc holliday said:

They will follow the lead of other Football Authorities ,particularly the big boys down south.

I would worry about that . Liverpool situation would be used by the scum with no word from our manager , no doubts

11 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

I would worry about that . Liverpool situation would be used by the scum with no word from our manager , no doubts

Fuck, I never even considered that angle.  There's no way Gerrard is saying deprive Liverpool the title.  I think he'll be self isolating from journalists for the next 3 months. 😀

Just now, Coop said:

Fuck, I never even considered that angle.  There's no way Gerrard is saying deprive Liverpool the title.  I think he'll be self isolating from journalists for the next 3 months. 😀

You can count on it . He is friends with TLB . and there is no doubts , the wee rhodent scum bag will rope him in to it . If things get desperate

Archived