[OPINION] UEFA will Recommend a Null and Void

Wouldn’t be fair to award a title if it’s still a mathematical possibility for another team to win. ‘Likelihood’ isn’t a good enough indicator. For instance, when Leicester had a lead in the EPL title, most bookies and experts would still have said another team was “more likely” to win that title. The possibility of the ‘unlikely’ taking place is the very essence of all sport. 

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Blue Avenger said:

Problem is like above, if they expand the top flight for one season only promoting the top two from the championship then four down the next season and those involved in relegation promotion would go with it.

Top two? But teams three and four were also in the playoff places, why should they miss out? Sporting integrity.

Even if they do give it to celtic, we will still be calling this the Default Title in 30 years time.

They were given it etc etc.

So whatever happens that should be our stance.

Sporting integrity etc etc

Bang the Drum.

It's like claiming you won The Scottish Cup because you were winning with 75 minutes played, then the game gets postponed due to the weather.

It doesn't wash.

10 minutes ago, B1872 said:

Would the scum title run then go back to zero or are they going for nine next year?

:tu:

They will definitely look at it as their right mate ...... just up to us to burst that particular bubble and spoil the party. 

When the leagues were reconstructed in the past .... they just carried on .... so don't see them thinking any different after this crisis is over.

🇬🇧

20 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/Rangers/coronavirus-scottish-football-suspended-what-it-means-Rangers-v-celtic-and-spfl-2449580

There has already been speculation in Germany as to what would happen if the season is cancelled.

The Deutscher Fussball-Bund (DFB), the country's football association, have reportedly put a proposal together which would see no champion or relegation.

Instead, the German top-flight would expand to 22 teams, allowing four to come up from 2.Bundesliga, for next season.

It’s the DFB in Scotland I’m worried about.  

In Scotland to get the fixture list done we could easily just shorten next season and play each other twice to have a 22 game season 

I know the chances of us winning the title this year are slim but they absolutely cannot hand the scum a title. The teams have played a different fixture list and we still had a game in hand and 2 Old Firms to go 

3 minutes ago, The Ibrox Derry said:

It is what I honestly believe will happen.

There can be no other way.

Ok well add “I believe” to the start of the title then. 

(I don’t actually care) 

Archived