[OPINION] UEFA will Recommend a Null and Void

3 minutes ago, scottyc06 said:

Season voided & we start again next season as if it never happened. 

However, I have absolutely no doubt that if we were sitting top of the league I would be all for the league finishing with current positions. I think every team will have their opinions based on where they are sitting. 

Personally, I think we will do the same as we did when suspending the league. Wait & see what happens in England then follow suit. 

Hearts fc agree

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, Inigo said:

If teams are to  be promoted, which ones? Surely the same logic would apply (if that's what you're applying to everything else) that you can't promote a team if you don't know 100% who would have finished in promotion spots.

Germany have said they will promote the top 4 teams as a one off. There’s ways of doing transitional seasons. England had to do it in the mid 90s when they reduced the Premier League.

8 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Germany have said they will promote the top 4 teams as a one off. There’s ways of doing transitional seasons. England had to do it in the mid 90s when they reduced the Premier League.

Yeah, but that was on the back of a completed season where people knew the score at the start and teams weren't treated differently. If say Montrose were a point behind in 5th, Forfar 3 points behind in 6th, surely it's unreasonable to say they're denied promotion based on their position at 30 games if Partick's position isn't enforced at 30 games?

Just now, ForeverAndEver said:

Only because I’d want the league if we were in their position lol

You probably wouldn’t ,Your Protestant background of earning through work and endeavour would make you feel uneasy about accepting something you hadn’t earned 

Well that’s how I would feel ,a few years back I won a league title with a team I joined with 1/3 or the season still to go ,i deliberately went to the toilet when the team photo was taken as I felt I didn’t deserve it 

Contrast the following season we won it again and the 2 celebrating the most plastering pics all over Facebook with the trophy where taigs who had done next to fuck all to win it 

1 hour ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/Rangers/coronavirus-scottish-football-suspended-what-it-means-Rangers-v-celtic-and-spfl-2449580

There has already been speculation in Germany as to what would happen if the season is cancelled.

The Deutscher Fussball-Bund (DFB), the country's football association, have reportedly put a proposal together which would see no champion or relegation.

Instead, the German top-flight would expand to 22 teams, allowing four to come up from 2.Bundesliga, for next season.

that seems arhat seems a pretty fair solution. I would imagine it would then be 1 more than usual relegated for the two following years to bring it back to current levels.

14 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Only because I’d want the league if we were in their position lol

Imagine we didn’t have our dip in form and we were top right now......how fucked off would we be if it were scrubbed?

maybe this misfiring team have done us a bit of favour 🙂

7 minutes ago, beararse said:

that seems arhat seems a pretty fair solution. I would imagine it would then be 1 more than usual relegated for the two following years to bring it back to current levels.

Dunno. Just think Queen's Park, Arbroath, Dunfermline and East Fife are unlikely to think it fair.

1 hour ago, The Ibrox Derry said:

Heard from Hearts yet?

One retard hearts fan told me he doesn't care if they go down as they accepted they were going down, was happy if they were handed the title. 

That's what yer up against. Game up here is a fucking shambles.

17 minutes ago, magic8ball said:

You probably wouldn’t ,Your Protestant background of earning through work and endeavour would make you feel uneasy about accepting something you hadn’t earned 

Well that’s how I would feel ,a few years back I won a league title with a team I joined with 1/3 or the season still to go ,i deliberately went to the toilet when the team photo was taken as I felt I didn’t deserve it 

Contrast the following season we won it again and the 2 celebrating the most plastering pics all over Facebook with the trophy where taigs who had done next to fuck all to win it 

A taig would be holding the trophy aloft right in the middle of the photo 

Just now, Inigo said:

Simplest way then. Void it as an incomplete competition.

Totally agree, however, clubs who've maybe spent more than they should, gambled, may it be for titles, promotion, maybe fighting relegation, to be told it's cancelled, there's going to be massive legal battles. 

1 minute ago, tomger said:

A taig would be holding the trophy aloft right in the middle of the photo 

There were a few of them one or 2 fully deserving of the celebration in the team pic ,but it was the individual pics on Facebook from the squad fillers that really embarrassed 

Just now, 2nd Flute said:

Totally agree, however, clubs who've maybe spent more than they should, gambled, may it be for titles, promotion, maybe fighting relegation, to be told it's cancelled, there's going to be massive legal battles. 

Let them battle it.

Well you can bet your last with no football on for the foreseeable that this will be getting campaigned for and argued to death ,I can see it getting to the point where we eventually say ,FUCK IT ,if yer that fuckin desperate have it ,just to get a bit of piece so we can get on with the real worldwide problem 

1 hour ago, eskbankloyal said:

The SPFL told clubs if the season needs to be cancelled then it would end as is. 

What do u mean, ‘end as is’

do You mean it would be (correctly) voided or do you mean illegally award the filth the title and relegate hearts

1 minute ago, thehost said:

What do u mean, ‘end as is’

do You mean it would be (correctly) voided or do you mean illegally award the filth the title and relegate hearts

We need to remember who actually controls the SPFL so it’s more than likely meaning that they made the decision already ,a decision that needs challenged to death 

Archived