[OPINION] UEFA will Recommend a Null and Void

3 hours ago, Inigo said:

Yeah, but that was on the back of a completed season where people knew the score at the start and teams weren't treated differently. If say Montrose were a point behind in 5th, Forfar 3 points behind in 6th, surely it's unreasonable to say they're denied promotion based on their position at 30 games if Partick's position isn't enforced at 30 games?

Yeah there’s certainly flaws in all scenarios.

One thing I thought of before is if the league is guillotined and voided, at the earliest opportunity they could scrap the league cup groups, push the final to March 2021 (like it used to be) and play a round robin of the bottom two Premiership teams and top 4 Championship teams like a grading round. Top two play in the Premiership, rest in the Championship.

You could cascade that down the leagues.

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Yeah there’s certainly flaws in all scenarios.

One thing I thought of before is if the league is guillotined and voided, at the earliest opportunity they could scrap the league cup groups, push the final to March 2021 (like it used to be) and play a round robin of the bottom two Premiership teams and top 4 Championship teams like a grading round. Top two play in the Premiership, rest in the Championship.

You could cascade that down the leagues.

They will be having a meeting at this moment . Not discussing the world crisis and fatalities 

On how the fuck " we can rig this fucking title , so we can celebrate 9 in a row "

Sorry Puedo Pete 

9 in a row is cancelled :facepalm:

Just now, tm91 said:

I imagine if the rumours are true about the Bundesliga there will be pressure for other leagues to follow suit.

I'd be raging if in their shoes and I have a lot of sympathy for Liverpool fans as well, but if the seasons can't be finished they will need to be voided. You cannot have a situation where some teams have played more than others, with an uneven amount of ties against other teams, officially stand in the record books. 

celtic will be pushing very strongly for it but if even Liverpool aren't awarded a title , there won't be a way celtic are without a lot of criticism and space for legal challenges. 

I would guess we'll see no champions and no relegations with Dundee United and Caley Thistle promoted - and that's if they don't just reset the leagues to the start of this season at all.

Thats a normal season in some countries. 

Why would Inverness get promoted over Dundee or Ayr? 

1 hour ago, SuperPapac05 said:

The league would have been already declared null and void if we were the ones 13 points clear. 

SFA are just trying to work out every scenario to make sure the Tarriers are appeased. They don't give a flying fuck about anyone else. 

If the powers that be put this in front of people's lives and well being then it's criminal.

3 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

Have a lie down Dude man 

Let’s see how things pan out 😄

Good call eejay, but you and I both know he won't, as he's always right, even when he's wrong.

Biggest agitater on RM.

Just now, tm91 said:

Aren't they 2nd? Whoever is 2nd then. They could do play offs. Probably just reset the leagues I would guess though.

And what leagues under UEFA jurisdiction have seasons where teams play an unequal amount of games that aren't play off systems or the like? I'm genuinely asking. 

In this case, both ourselves and St Johnstone would be penalised for having played a game less.

2nd, 3rd and 4th all qualify for playoffs. Would be rewriting the rules to shaft certain clubs. 

If they're going to scrap it they should just call this season a bogey and reset for next season. You can't end a season 3/4s in and you can't do any teams any favours so the only fair thing is to say forget this season and start over next season. Can't see it happening but the fallout from the taigs will be a bigger fallout than the coronavirus 😂

No team would be able to successfully take their FA to CAS for failure to award title given the global events.

every team relegated unfairly will take their FA to CAS and probably win. 

that alone will be the deciding factor in voiding the season. 

2 hours ago, The Ibrox Derry said:

Fucking right he is pal, should have been outed out of here years ago.

This man is no fan of Rangers.

Pals it with the Daily Rebel tae.

Just look at his posts in any given topic and 90% of the time he sides with the tarriers, he's a fucking undercover fienan bastard and a don't give a fuck what anybody says. 

Thinks he's smarter than everybody who posts in here and has that arrogance only a tarrier journalist seems to posses...... Fuck him, his team and his fucking paper. 

Archived