Season Ticket Money

Teddybear123

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am in a fortunate enough position to not have too worry too much about getting any money back. My  neighbour is a taxi driver working from the airport. He has three young kids, and his  'wage' dropped by half this week.  If this keeps up, he says he will struggle to pay his bills, and his position is if he is struggling to look after his weans, why should he be paying for Tavs fancy sports car.  I have a degree of sympathy for him. Would hate to think that fans go without whilst some of the wasters on our pay roll continue to live like superstars. Would love to see some of the players come out and say they are prepared to help the club through this.

We’re shafted at every opportunity by the club, surprising how many willing to just forget about the cash paid for 5 games.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/11157710/man-utd-fans-lask-refund-europa-league/amp/

Can’t imagine any sort of goodwill gesture given (although obviously the example above would be unreasonable for us). Free RTV / season ticket freeze would be insufficient IMO, but I doubt we’ll even get that.

I had to pick up and pay for a ticket for today’s game that’s off. 52 quid it cost but that’s the nature of the beast. I’d assume that tickets like that would be refunded but ST refunds I don’t think would happen , nor would I want. 

55 minutes ago, BEE said:

We’re shafted at every opportunity by the club, surprising how many willing to just forget about the cash paid for 5 games.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/11157710/man-utd-fans-lask-refund-europa-league/amp/

Can’t imagine any sort of goodwill gesture given (although obviously the example above would be unreasonable for us). Free RTV / season ticket freeze would be insufficient IMO, but I doubt we’ll even get that.

Good for the fans a them but a don't think Rangers have the money to do that?

Don't have a season ticket but I've always got an opinion.

I don't think anyone will be getting cash back or a discount on a book next season. However I can see them not raising the prices and trying to come out looking good by saying "were sorry you lost out on 5 games last year so we have taken the decision not to raise prices to reward/compensate out loyal fan base."

Then sort the mechandise deal out and bump up shirt prices by a tenner.

13 hours ago, gazza27 said:

Good for the fans a them but a don't think Rangers have the money to do that?

“although obviously the example above would be unreasonable for us”

The fans alone have got the club through almost 10 years of total hatred and desire to kill us.

They're not gonna bother about money and a shitey wee virus. 

Maximum respect to those not even considering a refund. 

As a Rangers fan I'm so fucking proud of them.

Legends.

Reduce the price of the kids kits if you show your smart-card next season, the price of a full kids kit is over £80 (well for a LB size anyway) get the full kit down to about £60 for kids so we can see them everywhere .

As others have mentioned we don't want a bean back but let me buy my son all 3 kits next season for under £200.

As for adults? Fuck us charge top dollar 🤣

15 hours ago, BEE said:

The club needs the income even if there are no games.  There are hundreds of employees to be paid, not just players.   There are other overheads to be considered as well.      The Club isn't shafting us, this situation has now become a crisis and will affect every business.  

On 13/03/2020 at 16:21, 1690tamRFC said:

I honestly can’t understand why anyone would want the money back. I get that not everyone is in a financially great position but that’s money spent ages ago and will have been budgeted for at the time. 

I don't want the money back but at the end of the day the club determines the price based on a number of games and if that hasn't been met then anyone wanting money back is surely entitled to it.

14 minutes ago, Camshy said:

I don't want the money back but at the end of the day the club determines the price based on a number of games and if that hasn't been met then anyone wanting money back is surely entitled to it.

Yes your probably right regarding entitlement, but surely it would be better for the club to keep the money. 

12 minutes ago, 1690tamRFC said:

Yes your probably right regarding entitlement, but surely it would be better for the club to keep the money. 

After the last 10 years or so, as gutted as I am that the money paid won't allow me to see all the matches in the season I'm. More than happy with not receiving a thing back. 

It's really outwith the clubs control and hardly like they're bumping us 

2 hours ago, tannerall said:

The fans alone have got the club through almost 10 years of total hatred and desire to kill us.

They're not gonna bother about money and a shitey wee virus. 

Maximum respect to those not even considering a refund. 

As a Rangers fan I'm so fucking proud of them.

Legends.

Means a lot

Can't see any issue at all with most not wanting a refund.

Sadly though, there is that elephant in the room of a 10 mill hole in the accounts that not even no refunds on ST's will cure.

King steps down in two weeks and we still await the announcement of a new Chairman and new investment.

This virus is increasing the uncertainty for many clubs, so the board need to be getting their act together and getting something out there as soon as to our future.

Much chatter on FF on this subject and fans just wanting to know what's happening.

18 hours ago, BEE said:

Staying healthy and safe is the important issue at this moment, nothing else

1 hour ago, Big Al II said:

It’s far more likely opposite is true and club needs  money from us to survive this period

No one will help the club except the support. I'm sure we will do our duty if asked to do so.

Archived