Season Ticket Money

Teddybear123

If the club were to refund the remaining five games it would cost the club millions and potentially a Ianis Hagi or another good player to add to our club.

Everyone is different and everyone is entitled to their own view on it.

For me this is how I support the club by purchasing my season ticket, other tickets, a top etc etc. As well as being fans we are the biggest group of investors at the club and what we put in from a fan basis and a financial basis aids the club to no end. I'd rather the club kept my (roughly) £150 and used it to help us get better for next season and the year after and so on.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, Blue Avenger said:

Can't see any issue at all with most not wanting a refund.

Sadly though, there is that elephant in the room of a 10 mill hole in the accounts that not even no refunds on ST's will cure.

King steps down in two weeks and we still await the announcement of a new Chairman and new investment.

This virus is increasing the uncertainty for many clubs, so the board need to be getting their act together and getting something out there as soon as to our future.

Much chatter on FF on this subject and fans just wanting to know what's happening.

Could be an option

NBA salary cap, player incomes for next season likely to drop as consequence of coronavirus

https://larrybrownsports.com/basketball/nba-salary-cap-player-incomes-drop-coronavirus/542217

On 14/03/2020 at 00:26, eejay the dj said:

100% .Not interested yet it would be nice if the club would reward the ST holders next season .Maybe a book of complementary stuff for the kiosks like they used to do 

That would be appreciated 

This. A sincere gesture of appreciation from the club would be well received. 

7 hours ago, McEwan's Lager said:

If the clubs insurance policy allows us them to refund us without losing money does that change anyone’s opinion?

While I still wouldn’t be interested in a refund as it’s money I’d piss up the wall, surely our insurance premium would go up in the event of a payout.

9 hours ago, McEwan's Lager said:

If the clubs insurance policy allows us them to refund us without losing money does that change anyone’s opinion?

Yes, probably tbh if insurance covered this type of event I'd ask for money back on the 2 season tickets I pay for, given there's no real harm to the club. 

Otherwise, they can keep my money. I'd hope they give some sort of small, token discount next season as a thank you

Where would this hole.in the fund gap come from, after season ticket money, which is already paid, what other money do we generate from home games?

Can't see food being that great, and is that not already someone else's business, so I can only see a handful of individual tickets being sold, and probably hospitality, but then we surely save money that would of been outlayed for policing, security, and other stuff.

11 hours ago, McEwan's Lager said:

If I received any refund then that refund would be donated to Erskine as I am sure that many of you on here would probably do the same :tu:

I wouldnt be against people saying that they would ask for their money back if the club did not legally fight to make sure that the season was not being called and celtic being named as champions.

If the club fight it, then an agreement that they would not ask for a penny back.

To be honest, if this shit show is going to play out the way they are suggesting, gift celtic the title, relegate Partick Thistle and demand celtic get automatically into the group stages of the Champions League (which wont happen, but they might try), then im fucking done with Scottish Football. 

11 hours ago, McEwan's Lager said:

No don’t want it, I paid for my ST in good faith and people are dying while folk are banging on about giving the Scum a worthless title. 
Actually pretty sickened by the way the powers that be in Scottish Football have handled this. 

47 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

I wouldnt be against people saying that they would ask for their money back if the club did not legally fight to make sure that the season was not being called and celtic being named as champions.

If the club fight it, then an agreement that they would not ask for a penny back.

To be honest, if this shit show is going to play out the way they are suggesting, gift celtic the title, relegate Partick Thistle and demand celtic get automatically into the group stages of the Champions League (which wont happen, but they might try), then im fucking done with Scottish Football. 

Exactly my thoughts.
It’s bad enough watching our team lose games because of their referees to now have to endure the club doing nothing about a whole season being gifted to them will finish me with Scottish football. 

58 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

No don’t want it, I paid for my ST in good faith and people are dying while folk are banging on about giving the Scum a worthless title. 
Actually pretty sickened by the way the powers that be in Scottish Football have handled this. 

My point was mainly that if the club has the insurance cover then it probably has a moral obligation to supporters to at least offer the partial refund for the remaining games. 

There could be a lot of people off or out of work soon. £100-200 would go a long way to those people. If the club aren’t losing out and are covered then I’d argue it would be wrong of them to not offer it considering the supporters have saved the club over the past 8 years and pumped a lot of money in. You could argue it’s the clubs turn to do a bit for the fans if the club isn’t going to be left out of pocket. 

The other thing I worry about is that if a large amount of the support turn down refunds or blank refuse to countenance it then it sends the board a signal that we are happy to just continue to be cash cows. I don’t think that helps drive us to better financial sustainability in the long term or a better relationship as fans with the club.

I realise this is probably against the thinking of most people on here.

Again, all hypothetical based on whether or not we have the cover.

3 hours ago, psb07158 said:

Yes, probably tbh if insurance covered this type of event I'd ask for money back on the 2 season tickets I pay for, given there's no real harm to the club. 

Otherwise, they can keep my money. I'd hope they give some sort of small, token discount next season as a thank you

Yeah. I’ve kind of expanded on that in my reply to CB.

10 minutes ago, GersInCanada said:

I don't have a ST but I do have an annual subscription to RTV. Am I entitled to a refund because some matches will not now take place ? I would argue no because this situation is out of their control.

Slightly different. You are still getting a service whether that be archive footage etc. 

RTV provides a massive discount on watching the games. If you take the $299 option it works out that you pay for 31 games based on the individual list price for paying to watch games live stand alone, when we play 38 in the league, plus you get cup games, friendlies and European qualifiers included. From this point on you are getting extra plus the general content.

Season Tickets aren’t really discounted above the individual list price for a ticket. Mine averages out at £39 a game which is generally the standard price for my seat, which then increases for celtic to £52.

9 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

I’d be surprised if Season Ticket renewals for 20/21 season aren’t out pretty soon.

Not entirely sure what uptake will be like though due to the uncertainty around.

I wonder if they will both hold increases and delay the rumoured membership scheme and charge.

I can’t see people being happy if prices increase again by 4% and there’s a fee on top to get in the ballot for aways and cup semis/finals.

2 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

I suspect that list will disappear if people are laid off or not working.

If the club can then they’d be better holding off selling ST’s until this calms down but obvs finances will dictate.

That “20 million injection” would come in handy just now.

Archived