Season Ticket Money

Teddybear123

7 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

If the club can then they’d be better holding off selling ST’s until this calms down but obvs finances will dictate.

That “20 million injection” would come in handy just now.

I wonder what the attrition rates for STs were in 08/09 and 09/10 with the financial crisis. Did we suffer a drop in renewals, or a drop in new take ups?

ST behaviour is quite unpredictable too. Like I read somewhere once that when someone dies the person they go to games can stop their own ST too or in some cases people still hold the seat as they can’t bare to give it up. I don’t know how prevalent that is though but  I do know of two instances where both has happened.

If we have concession holders die from coronavirus will their sons or daughters renew etc? It’s grim but if you are running a business in these uncertain times and you are developing a ticket pricing strategy some pretty ghoulish stuff comes in to play that you possibly should be thinking about.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Think we'll be looking at declining ST sales across all clubs with this virus. Either through loss of income or loss of loved ones. People will have other priorities.

We have the added disincentive if the scum are handed the title as our board sit in dignified silence.

I think our wait list will disappear and indeed some slack in what is sold, but I'm sure we will still turn up in near full house.

This virus is causing the perfect economic storm and many commentators forecasting really troubled economic times ahead across the western world. I doubt we will be able to hide in our football bubble unaffected by it all.

1 hour ago, McEwan's Lager said:

My point was mainly that if the club has the insurance cover then it probably has a moral obligation to supporters to at least offer the partial refund for the remaining games. 

There could be a lot of people off or out of work soon. £100-200 would go a long way to those people. If the club aren’t losing out and are covered then I’d argue it would be wrong of them to not offer it considering the supporters have saved the club over the past 8 years and pumped a lot of money in. You could argue it’s the clubs turn to do a bit for the fans if the club isn’t going to be left out of pocket. 

The other thing I worry about is that if a large amount of the support turn down refunds or blank refuse to countenance it then it sends the board a signal that we are happy to just continue to be cash cows. I don’t think that helps drive us to better financial sustainability in the long term or a better relationship as fans with the club.

I realise this is probably against the thinking of most people on here.

Again, all hypothetical based on whether or not we have the cover.

Understand what you are saying mate, but it’s money gone for me, I’ve spent it. 

Archived