What clubs could realistically die.

ZZed

A what if. If the season is abandoned and the next season does not kick off until Aug/Sept and the SFA/SPFL have no cash to bail out clubs, what clubs do you think could go to the wall because of this?

I think a lots of the East Fife's type clubs would just not survive.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Obviously lack of income is the major factor, and that will have 2 knock on effects.

First to be affected will be salaries, 

Second will be ongoing maintenance of the assets. basically maintaining the grounds, and the training facilities.  The maintenance, in my opinion won't be a major concern, as the bigger clubs have the funds, and many of the smaller clubs will find dedicated staff or even volunteers. 

So mainly salaries.  Big problem for he clubs is contracts, these will have to be paid,. So therefore if it drags on clubs would have to either find the money themselves or re-negotiate. 

I think the very biggest clubs, the top 50-100  or so in Europe will have plenty of investment and backing to cover it. 

The ones that could be hit hardest though would be the next lot, the ones who depend on TV revenue and transfers. That would include most of the EPL, Italian, German and Spanish clubs. 

As for the smaller clubs it will be the players and other employees who are effected, these clubs might have no option but to cancel salaries, or effectively bankrupt themselves, will be interesting to see how this goes. Ultimately though, I think almost all clubs will survive, but will be dependant on owner funding, negotiations on contracts, even volunteer fan support.

The football authorities may supply emergency funding and allowances to clubs, which in our own case would be quite ironic, as during our financial difficulties we were punished rather than supported by the authorities. 

And of course there is the time and people factor, how many people  will be affected and how long will it last ?

7 hours ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

Dundee Utd. Apparently they are spending 133%  of their turnover on wages.

It was all in for them to get promoted this season. 

That would be glorious.

Funny actually.. they would actually side with us in regards to promotion/relegation/champion. 

2 minutes ago, johanhentze said:

Funny actually.. they would actually side with us in regards to promotion/relegation/champion. 

Self interest. 

Same reason they fucked us before. 

We are Rangers, and we will proudly stand alone. 

Tell them to get to fuck too if they approach us, you reap what you sow.

Just now, tannerall said:

Self interest. 

Same reason they fucked us before. 

We are Rangers, and we will proudly stand alone. 

Tell them to get to fuck too if they approach us, you reap what you sow.

Yep. Shortsighted self interest. The worst kind.

3 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

I’m sure they’ll want gifted the league, therefore would be siding with celtic.

and kill themselves? Its pretty worrying when this wouldnt actually surprise me.. There should be a documentary made about Scottish Football... the football nation that hated itself to death..

In fact if we are deprived of  opportunity to win the league, and money for winning it, and lose the later Champion's league place and potential revenue too, I actually believe we should be seeking compensation from  the corrupt SFA, not lying back and accepting it.

12 minutes ago, tannerall said:

In fact if we are deprived of  opportunity to win the league, and money for winning it, and lose the later Champion's league place and potential revenue too, I actually believe we should be seeking compensation from  the corrupt SFA, not lying back and accepting it.

That would be the way to go, but the SFA have already came out and stated that hey have no cash. They are completely fucked.

1 minute ago, johanhentze said:

That would be the way to go, but the SFA have already came out and stated that hey have no cash. They are completely fucked.

Good, sue them regardless. 

Nail in coffin and all that, maybe they'd have to reinvent themselves as a seperate entity.

If clubs are fucked before the season ends. I think their results that season are effectively cancelled.

The league could end up recalculating league positions at the same time as trying to work out how to resolve the league 😁

Now, given weve got 4 points from 9 and scum have 9 from 9 v hearts, that could put a different slant on things 😂😂

26 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

If clubs are fucked before the season ends. I think their results that season are effectively cancelled.

The league could end up recalculating league positions at the same time as trying to work out how to resolve the league 😁

Now, given weve got 4 points from 9 and scum have 9 from 9 v hearts, that could put a different slant on things 😂😂

Do clubs who go bust forfeit all their games, or just the remaining ones. 

Not sure this is relevant as they'll all make it to end of May, just curious.

36 minutes ago, tannerall said:

Do clubs who go bust forfeit all their games, or just the remaining ones. 

Not sure this is relevant as they'll all make it to end of May, just curious.

I think their scores are voided if they go under and cant fulfil their matches.

I think itll be incredible if all clubs get to the end of may. I'd agree Hearts might not be one of them, but would make things interesting if we were adjusted to 63 points plus game in hand + 2 OF games with the scum on 71 points. That would take it back in our own hands 😁

8 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

I think their scores are voided if they go under and cant fulfil their matches.

I think itll be incredible if all clubs get to the end of may. I'd agree Hearts might not be one of them, but would make things interesting if we were adjusted to 63 points plus game in hand + 2 OF games with the scum on 71 points. That would take it back in our own hands 😁

I'm sure The bastions of Fair Play and Sporting Integrity would have No Problem with that 😂😂

Much as some clubs hate us, I don't really want to see any club go to the wall.

Sure I'd not lose any sleep if Dundee Utd went to the wall, karma and all that. 

However, many of the small clubs down the divisions. These are community clubs, with their own histories and stories.

Much as the senior game has too many clubs for a country Scotlands size, I don't want to see clubs going bust as the reason change happens. 

Would hope to see all 10 teams plus the one other that sat on the fence when we went down 3 divisions, all going under,and all the fenian clowns who support the tramps but work at other clubs,who had a pop when we went down going out the game.
In fact!!!...if all the senior clubs went out the game,we could get ourselves to fuck out of the cesspit.    

Archived