Time for a UK league

theiconicman

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, theiconicman said:

Now we’ve got Armageddon in football we should use it to fold the national FAs and create a British league. 

Yep. I've said before - I'm hoping most of Scottish football is killed off so we can get out of this tin pot set up and be part of a proper set up. 

It's a great idea if you are Welsh, Northern Irish, or Scottish, but basically our football is shite and the better financed English teams (and the better financed FA will never agree.

And ourselves and cellic will still be seen rightly or wrongly as potentially too toxic as well. 

12 minutes ago, tannerall said:

It's a great idea if you are Welsh, Northern Irish, or Scottish, but basically our football is shite and the better financed English teams (and the better financed FA will never agree.

And ourselves and cellic will still be seen rightly or wrongly as potentially too toxic as well. 

This part about us being toxic I don’t get anymore. 
We one of the best behaved supports in the world, unlike as you say the Scum who cause carnage everywhere they go. 
It’s about time we started fighting back against this misconception. 

17 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

This part about us being toxic I don’t get anymore. 
We one of the best behaved supports in the world, unlike as you say the Scum who cause carnage everywhere they go. 
It’s about time we started fighting back against this misconception. 

It's a historical thing. And I think you are ignoring the realities of trouble at pre-season games. 

Our fan base has been magnificent in their support in the last 10 years, with severe provocations no only from the traditional cellic lot, but other fans now see us as fair game too. 

But recently the cellic fans have had quite a few incidents too.

It still lingers in the background and the English clubs know this. 

1 hour ago, tannerall said:

There is also the problem that the run of the mill English Premier teams and all the Championship teams would see us as a potential threat to their own ambitions.

We would definitely be a threat to the ambitions of these teams. If it were to happen, we’d be financially stronger for sure and would do well down there. Would love to see it. 

1 minute ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Again, nobody would be buzzing to play the likes of Accrington Stanley or Notts County when we’re made to start so far down.

It’ll be teams above them.

Bring on Wealdstone!

58 minutes ago, SuperPapac05 said:

Should have happened in 2012 with just us fucking off and letting Scottish Football die on its arse. 

Seemed a good idea at the time, but in hindsight do you really think that Charles Green was taking us down to a lower league level to get us back to the top, or do you maybe think he was just taking us there to strip us down further and bury us further before running off with all the assets ?

Always be careful what you wish for.

1 hour ago, The Godfather said:

Been done to death. 

The sooner folk realise it will never happen the better. No cunt wants us 

This, they don't want us, and they certainly don't need us, English football is all about money, so why would any of them want two clubs with massive supports, to be a potential threat. 

2 hours ago, tannerall said:

It's a historical thing. And I think you are ignoring the realities of trouble at pre-season games. 

Our fan base has been magnificent in their support in the last 10 years, with severe provocations no only from the traditional cellic lot, but other fans now see us as fair game too. 

But recently the cellic fans have had quite a few incidents too.

It still lingers in the background and the English clubs know this. 

I think you are doing us a disservice mate, but the only way to change that is change the media & Fenian narrative to the actual truth. 

Archived