Time for a UK league

theiconicman

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, theiconicman said:

Now we’ve got Armageddon in football we should use it to fold the national FAs and create a British league. 

If you fold the National FAs then the top english clubs will just join a European league. 

If they did create a UK League it would solve pretty much all the headaches.

Promotions etc scrapped to form the new leagues everybody would be happy.

Fuck knows how they would work the lower leagues in Scotland. Some clubs are finding it really difficult to pay there players without their weekly attendance never mind travelling to English grounds.

1 minute ago, GazzasOrangeFlute said:

If they did create a UK League it would solve pretty much all the headaches.

Promotions etc scrapped to form the new leagues everybody would be happy.

Fuck knows how they would work the lower leagues in Scotland. Some clubs are finding it really difficult to pay there players without their weekly attendance never mind travelling to English grounds.

English system has a regional pyramid below league 2, you'd just use this principle to have regional leagues in Soctland/ N.Ireland and Wales.

European Premier Leagues the way to go and Regional European League. 

Top European league probably picks itself, I suspect the G14 clubs (Europes most financially able) will decide this.  Even if they have to pay off UEFA.

Interesting one would be the secondary top leagues which the Europa cup is being geared up to. 

I suspect it could be regional, maybe 4 of North, South, East and West, or even 6 more widely spread, with play offs for admittance to the top league.

We could probably financially be acceptable for that second tier, don't think our status or history will count in the financial cut throat environment, whether it be a Northern league, or Atlantic league.

Need to get some investment to guarantee it though.

8 minutes ago, tannerall said:

European Premier Leagues the way to go and Regional European League. 

Top European league probably picks itself, I suspect the G14 clubs (Europes most financially able) will decide this.  Even if they have to pay off UEFA.

Interesting one would be the secondary top leagues which the Europa cup is being geared up to. 

I suspect it could be regional, maybe 4 of North, South, East and West, or even 6 more widely spread, with play offs for admittance to the top league.

We could probably financially be acceptable for that second tier, don't think our status or history will count in the financial cut throat environment, whether it be a Northern league, or Atlantic league.

Need to get some investment to guarantee it though.

I think Rangers, despite our finances not being perfect would be welcomed, I think European football knows what our Club, and our support brings to the table, the top Clubs are itching for it, and it will most likely happen, we just need to be involved, probably in a small way to begin, but that will change. 

I do find it very amusing that, according to all other 'fans' of Scottish teams, admin #45 is around the corner for us. However, the potential for prolonged postponed / cancelled games could actually put the others into significant, financial trouble.  Personally, I look forward to that day and will literally lol at any of them going bust. Fuck them all. 

1 hour ago, .Williamson. said:

What do you mean what cup would that be? It doesn't exist so how the fuck do I know what it's called

Well if it doesn’t exist then it’s going to be a new cup, seeing as a he big clubs aren’t interested in the league cup then they ain’t going to show any  interest in a third cup. Why would english show any appetite for a cup where they are likely to get a game against hearts or Dundee?

ships sailed

I don't think a British cup would be a good idea, sure years ago we used to have it but the gulf in quality between the teams wasn't that great..........I was recently watching a European game involving Man Utd v Dundee Utd and the Scottish club were destroying them for large parts of the game.

The disparity in finances is now so huge clubs out with Rangers and celtic would struggle to beat teams in the lower leagues in England.......so basically a British cup involving only the old firm would be ok, anything else would see embarrassing results.

9 hours ago, .Williamson. said:

Won't happen

I think a cup that includes all the UK league's would be good though 

You never know what’s round the corner with this crisis or how long it could go on and damage caused 

I remember you said the other day in reply to a comment that this could be the biggest thing in our lifetime that you would be disappointed if this turned out that way ,I agreed with you at the time but things have moved on since then ,there’s no way of knowing how bad this is going to get and any outcome is possible 

Archived