New Head of Communications and Media

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Not bothered by the DUP side of things, but id does not sound like he is particularly qualified for the role.

A teacher, then a second rate politician. Not sure how that helps with Comms and Media to be honest.

Hope he does well, but sounds more like a hiring on the staunch-o-meter than one on merit.

People with a political background and colleagues in a political circle are exactly what we need.

7 hours ago, ScottBF2 said:

Bridge building to commence immediately.

Buzzing to have the BBC back...

Hope not also mate unless it’s on terms that’s fair to both parties not a Rangers surrender.

4 hours ago, falkirkNS said:

I know David personally, he serves as my local councillor for Balmoral, Belfast.

I also know of David through the Orange Order,  I will be honest to say, he has probably took a drop in Salary for this, but this is a dream job. 

Im more suprised our board have chosen him and specky robertson, we are usually too busy appeasing the SNP and inviting them into Ibrox, also for his links to the protestant faith , Im sure our board would have been embarrassed are they are about the majority of our Protestant faith support.

Anyone, everyone....apart from big bad prods of the support, hopefully David makes his mark and gets it right up the likes of specky robertson ect. Good appointment, bring back Jim Hannah now and out of retirement...

Will DG's role be to challenge  ALL of the articles in the press that are damaging to the Rangers brand?  

5 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

Having seen the video doing the rounds I think we can be sure D G does not do 'surrender'. :pipe:

I'm still a bit shocked and very pleasantly so, that we have taken him on. Great pedigree! 

Unlike Robertson to involve himself in the slightest bit of controversy.

One of our board must have been batting for him, straight from left field! I'd love to know who it was.

I wish DG every success in the role, as the haters will now up the anti, but I'm thinking he'll swat them like flies.

20 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

I'm still a bit shocked and very pleasantly so, that we have taken him on. Great pedigree! 

Unlike Robertson to involve himself in the slightest bit of controversy.

One of our board must have been batting for him, straight from left field! I'd love to know who it was.

I wish DG every success in the role, as the haters will now up the anti, but I'm thinking he'll swat them like flies.

Never heard of the guy until today and his background seems so far away from Roberson, surely as you say someone at board level must have made this happen.

We could have some interesting times ahead once he starts.

29 minutes ago, geronimoo said:

I don't care who they hire TBH so long as they can do the job, the fact it upsets them so much is just an added bonus.

That’s the thing that gets me. WTF has it to do with them who we employ and what his background is?! I couldn’t tell you anything about their club other than TLB being the manager, Peter Lawless being a corrupt person who is their chairman(?) and a couple of their players but apart from that! FFS they even know who our kitman is! It’s ludicrous 🤣

8 hours ago, Blue Avenger said:

He seems a candidate fit for the task and I personally look forward to seeing his work commence. Your quote above struck me as to the level of ‘social conditioning’ (even on us) society has regarding anything to do with DUP and the ‘OO’, I’m personally not a member of either, but 1 day in to his appointment I don’t know how many articles I’ve read already vilifying this guy for being associated with a certain legitimate political party and more poignantly, obvious agenda and religious bigotry as he chooses to be part of an organisation which celebrates his faith. I genuinely hope this guy is as professional and has the resolve that I have been led to believe he has, and being a fan he should be judged by anyone on his performance in the role and not his personal life. In essence, I commend the club for choosing a candidate who they believe to be right for the job without shirking at the incoming flack they are inevitably going to receive by you know who...

35 minutes ago, Robmc1 said:

He seems a candidate fit for the task and I personally look forward to seeing his work commence. Your quote above struck me as to the level of ‘social conditioning’ (even on us) society has regarding anything to do with DUP and the ‘OO’, I’m personally not a member of either, but 1 day in to his appointment I don’t know how many articles I’ve read already vilifying this guy for being associated with a certain legitimate political party and more poignantly, obvious agenda and religious bigotry as he chooses to be part of an organisation which celebrates his faith. I genuinely hope this guy is as professional and has the resolve that I have been led to believe he has, and being a fan he should be judged by anyone on his performance in the role and not his personal life. In essence, I commend the club for choosing a candidate who they believe to be right for the job without shirking at the incoming flack they are inevitably going to receive by you know who...

Agreed.

I hope he gets behind image.png.7627c2d8b12c14c8dfcd1c2d8f55bf0e.pngThen calls the paper out for vilifying him for being OO. 

OO need to get people to realise that they are a christian fraternity and restore their image that has been damaged by the press. The Scottish press make them out to be demons. No one ever mentions the charitable christian work they do helping people.

54 minutes ago, jintybear said:

That’s the thing that gets me. WTF has it to do with them who we employ and what his background is?! I couldn’t tell you anything about their club other than TLB being the manager, Peter Lawless being a corrupt person who is their chairman(?) and a couple of their players but apart from that! FFS they even know who our kitman is! It’s ludicrous 🤣

Here is something about them you should that they are a shower nonce bastards

10 hours ago, Sweetheart said:

Agreed.

I hope he gets behind image.png.7627c2d8b12c14c8dfcd1c2d8f55bf0e.pngThen calls the paper out for vilifying him for being OO. 

OO need to get people to realise that they are a christian fraternity and restore their image that has been damaged by the press. The Scottish press make them out to be demons. No one ever mentions the charitable christian work they do helping people.

Do they not have their own faith clubs,  are Vincent de Paul or St Columbus not catholic clubs who do their own thing, sure there must be association with some of their staff, but who really cares?

Ironically I got sent a link from a friend laughing at a piece from the celtic star, never heard of this before but it’s obviously one of their blogs or publications. The headlines were as above ‘Everyone Anyone’ campaign then as you would expect a partisan, snyde  and bigoted type attack on the guy re his ‘OO’ connection.
What made me actually laugh is ‘Everyone Anyone’ as suggested is inclusive of all, obviously (if you are celtic orientated) except anyone who is in the OO, part of the DUP or anyone they have a problem with who celebrates the British Union. I couldn't care less who is on their payroll, I imagine 99% of our support don't either, even though recently, a number of their employees have been highlighted for bigoted FB or Instagram posts, I don’t care. I genuinely hope this guy comes out swinging and proves himself to be a formidable opponent...

47 minutes ago, Robmc1 said:

Do they not have their own faith clubs, are Vincent de Paul or St Columbus not catholic clubs who do their own thing, sure there must be association with some of their staff, but who really cares?

Ironically I got sent a link from a friend laughing at a piece from the celtic star, never heard of this before but it’s obviously one of their blogs or publications. The headlines were as above ‘Everyone Anyone’ campaign then as you would expect a partisan, snyde  and bigoted type attack on the guy re his ‘OO’ connection.
What made me actually laugh is ‘Everyone Anyone’ as suggested is inclusive of all, obviously (if you are celtic orientated) except anyone who is in the OO, part of the DUP or anyone they have a problem with who celebrates the British Union. I couldn't care less who is on their payroll, I imagine 99% of our support don't either, even though recently, a number of their employees have been highlighted for bigoted FB or Instagram posts, I don’t care. I genuinely hope this guy comes out swinging and proves himself to be a formidable opponent...

ScumFC is full of Opus Dei members, I don’t see the media making a thing about that. 

19 hours ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

A DUP councillor is to swap Belfast City Hall for Ibrox after being appointed as head of communications and media relations by Rangers.

David Graham will resign from his position on Belfast City Council to take up the newly-created role at the Glasgow club.

Graham was special adviser to Education Minister Peter Weir before the Stormont Assembly collapsed in 2017.

"I am delighted to be joining Rangers," the former teacher said.

"As a lifelong Rangers supporter, it is an honour to work for the world's most successful football club. When the opportunity arose, I was very pleased to fulfil this role and am looking forward to getting started.

"I am excited by the board's vision for Rangers as we work towards our 150th anniversary and beyond."

Graham was elected as a councillor in May last year and represents the Balmoral Ward.

Rangers managing director Stewart Robertson said: "David shares our vision, passion and enthusiasm for the club.

"We are delighted David has chosen to join us and strengthen our team. He is a welcome addition and I look forward to working with him."

So this David Graham is the one who said "no one runs roughshod over people’s lives." 

Archived