New Head of Communications and Media

19 hours ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

A DUP councillor is to swap Belfast City Hall for Ibrox after being appointed as head of communications and media relations by Rangers.

David Graham will resign from his position on Belfast City Council to take up the newly-created role at the Glasgow club.

Graham was special adviser to Education Minister Peter Weir before the Stormont Assembly collapsed in 2017.

"I am delighted to be joining Rangers," the former teacher said.

"As a lifelong Rangers supporter, it is an honour to work for the world's most successful football club. When the opportunity arose, I was very pleased to fulfil this role and am looking forward to getting started.

"I am excited by the board's vision for Rangers as we work towards our 150th anniversary and beyond."

Graham was elected as a councillor in May last year and represents the Balmoral Ward.

Rangers managing director Stewart Robertson said: "David shares our vision, passion and enthusiasm for the club.

"We are delighted David has chosen to join us and strengthen our team. He is a welcome addition and I look forward to working with him."

the witch hunt starts.
the scummy bastards at the sun have him as OO member and DUP Councillor.
Think this guy will be a match for this fuckin lot.
Still cannot understand why any normal person would actually buy this rag or the retard,never mind the Rangers support.

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, scottyscott1963 said:

the witch hunt starts.
the scummy bastards at the sun have him as OO member and DUP Councillor.
Think this guy will be a match for this fuckin lot.
Still cannot understand why any normal person would actually buy this rag or the retard,never mind the Rangers support.

They are making it out as if he is a member of terrorist organisations,hope he turns up at work with his sash on and sends the cunts into a frenzy.

20 hours ago, falkirkNS said:

So fucking what, the OO are a christian fraternity and the DUP a political party.

Stop doing the lefts fucking job for them and assuming!!!

The modern day pansies have inscribed it into the modern fkwits to make believe that anytime you hear OO mentioned, its sectarian!!1 our own worst enemies ffs

It's never been for me but my family are steeped in the orange order, I'm respectful of my father's view on it and his before him and so on.

Aside from him not seeming to be particularly well qualified, Sweetheart's and Dickie's posts below amongst others are what I'm on about. 

The scum media are pushing the narrative that we've basically employed Uncle Andy as the head of PR. We can say "fuck them" but it's not exactly great PR is it.

7 hours ago, Sweetheart said:

He's not got one foot in the door and he's being character assassinated

5 hours ago, Dickie said:

They are making it out as if he is a member of terrorist organisations,hope he turns up at work with his sash on and sends the cunts into a frenzy.

3 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

It's never been for me but my family are steeped in the orange order, I'm respectful of my father's view on it and his before him and so on.

Aside from him not seeming to be particularly well qualified, Sweetheart's and Dickie's posts below amongst others are what I'm on about. 

The scum media are pushing the narrative that we've basically employed Uncle Andy as the head of PR. We can say "fuck them" but it's not exactly great PR is it.

Press are forgetting about 

image.png.469d2cbd202cdc98fcbc2699f2a543da.png

Graham is a diehard Rangers supporter who will spend every moment of his time promoting our great club.

Traynor is a fat, self absorbed, arrogant contemptuous slug who has leeched off us for years and should never have been in our employ.

Welcome aboard David. Rise to the challenge  and do your fellow Bears proud!

I like this guy, he doesn't mince his words.

The Ulsterman will replace Jim Traynor at the end of May and has big plans for the Ibrox club. Rangers’ new head of communications David Graham has insisted that the Ibrox outfit is open to everyone and there is no reason why it “cannot be a 21st century club for 21st century people”. There was shock in football circles when it was announced earlier this week that Graham, a DUP councillor and senior member of the Orange Order, would be taking over from current PR chief Jim Traynor with the Belfast based man stating he had landed his dream job.

The lifelong Rangers supporter says that “the future includes everyone, irrespective of sexual orientation, religious background or cultural affiliation.” Graham’s open to all policy will be viewed with interest across Scottish football and beyond. He said: “Rangers is proud to be a modern, diverse football club where people from all backgrounds, cultures and communities can unite to celebrate and support a common cause. 

“We have had a ground-breaking diversity and inclusion campaign called ‘Everyone, Anyone’ which Steven Gerrard, the manager, launched last year. “The historic reality is unionists from across the United Kingdom have historically supported Glasgow Rangers and those from the nationalist background have supported Glasgow celtic, but that doesn’t mean that Rangers is not and cannot be a 21st century club for 21st century people.

“We are proud of our past but we are open to everyone. The future includes everyone, irrespective of sexual orientation, religious background or cultural affiliation. “Anyone who wishes to wear the blue shirt either on the field at Ibrox or support us in the stands will be made more than welcome.” A keen Northern Ireland supporter, Graham suggested that he felt Rangers could follow the example set by the Irish Football Association in relation to the work they have done at Windsor Park for international matches.

Speaking to Radio Ulster show Good Morning Ulster, Graham added: “If you see the groundbreaking work the IFA have done to make Windsor Park as inclusive as possible, we’re going to learn lessons from Northern Ireland and we’re going to build and continue to have Rangers at the forefront of the football conversation as the world’s most successful football club.” On being appointed, a delighted Graham pointed out: “You could say I’ve landed my dream job. Everybody knows I’m a lifelong Rangers fans and am proud of everything the club stands for and I’m delighted to be coming on board as Head of Comms and Media Relations.”

https://www.BOYCOTT THIS LINK/sport/football/football-news/Rangers-new-pr-chief-david-21709431

I’m really excited about what he can bring to Rangers. I was a bit worried about his apparent lack of experience however after listening to H&H yesterday they seemed to think that he was more than qualified and that has slightly set my mind at ease.

What concerns me more is the amount of Rangers fans who are worried about what our haters think of this appointment! Why do they care what they think? Im more than sure Rangers know about a David Graham’s background and so what if there’s a video of him saying “No Surrender”. It wasn’t so long ago them over the city had a picture of a hunger striker on their big screens “celebrating” him in some way and as distasteful as it was there wasn’t the uproar by the MSM as there appears to be about this and I for one love the fact they are so “upset” about this appointment.

We need to stop caring what they think and start enjoying the fact that our board appear to have actually grown a set and are sticking their fingers up to controversy!

Jim Traynor's Loyalist replacement is a PR disaster for Rangers

By Neil Cameron

Rangers are not a new club. They didn’t die in 2012. I’ve never believed that or written anything close to it.

Those who spend their life banging on about Sevco need to find a hobby. Or a friend. Those who believe a football club’s identity exists on deeds, who the owner happens to be or all that boring stuff usually aren’t that into football.

Despite me being “wan of them” I have never been intimidated or antagonised by any Rangers fan, have always felt welcome at Ibrox and – you can Google it – this column more than once asked those whose noses aren’t blue to stop their prejudice, or at least re-evaluate what they believe the average Bear to be.

The anti-Catholic signing policy was lifted 31 years ago. Rangers are still seen as a Protestant club – and I’ve no real issue with that and neither should anyone else – but I’ve seen for myself a significant cultural change within the support.

For every “FTP” mouth-breather, there are 20 who don’t want anything to do with that. Nor do they care what school a player went to. All they are interested in is whether they can do it on the pitch. Lorenzo Amoruso was captain. Rino Gattuso remains a cult hero.

celtic fan Neil McCann got roundly cheered as he helped Rangers to two trebles and a double. The most popular player at Ibrox right now is Alfredo Morelos. Nacho Novo will probably get a statue one day. All “left footers”.

Sectarianism remains an issue because of the club’s history and because within the Rangers support remain people with King Billy tattoos. William of Orange had the political backing and private financial support of Pope Innocent XI – the Mo Johnston of his day. That never gets a mention in any song…

And because at every game anthems are belted out with blatant sectarian messages across an increasingly secular Scotland.

I’ve always been a defender if not a supporter of Rangers. I’ve met so many good people at that club. Most of my mates are Rangers fans. I was and remain of the opinion that more should have been done to keep the club in the Premier League in 2012; not that they didn’t deserve what happened to them per se, but the impact on the other clubs and our game as a whole was hugely negative.

To quote the great Kevin Bridges: “We had a two-horse league and we’ve lost a horse.”

But then they go and appoint DUP councillor David Graham who is a “worshipful master” of the Orange Order to be the face of the club.

No club is without sin when it comes to making appointments. Dundee had Giovanni de Stefano on their board – a jailbird, friend of terrorists and Saddam Hussein’s lawyer.

Vladimir Romanov was for years a popular owner of Hearts. Hibernian almost went to the wall under the, cough, leadership of chairman David Duff – a man with a perfect surname.

And as for celtic, where to begin? Well, let’s start with John Reid as chairman, a man who is “at ease with his conscience” about when, as a Labour government minister, he supported the war in Iraq.

But we are talking about Rangers here and the appointment of Graham is, in my view, a bad call.

Why, when Rangers are supposedly doing their best to show themselves to be an inclusive club, have they given a job to a member of a Northern Ireland political party with links to many Unionist paramilitary groups that continue to haunt them.

The DUP is ostensibly anti-homosexual, has a pro-creationist faction within the party and aren’t keen on women having control of their own bodies. I had to check the calendar there to make sure this was the 21st century.

Speaking to Good Morning Ulster yesterday about his new role, Graham said: “The future includes everyone, irrespective of sexual orientation, religious background or cultural affiliation.”

His membership of the Orange Order is not illegal. Indeed, who am I or anyone to tell another person what to do in their spare time. But while the OO says it isn’t anti-Catholic, it wouldn’t be outrageous to suggest they aren’t overly keen on them.

Is this really the type of person Rangers need right now? Graham will replace Jim Traynor, a controversial figure who happened to be my boss for the best part of 10 years.

He gave me a job at the country’s biggest selling newspaper at that time and made me, at just 27, one of the best paid members of my extended family.

With him as my gaffer, I was sent all over the worldto watch football and golf. I got to write columns with Ally McCoist and Jim McLean. I was given a freer role than most on the desk, at least for a time, a period in which I had my best times in journalism.

In so many ways I owe him a lot but I’ve never felt that. I don’t like the man. Anyway, it’s good that he’s going, it’s just that his successor shouldn’t be a DUP and Orange Order member.

Why didn’t they go for a bluenose journalist, there’s plenty of them, who would bring calmness to such an important role?

Instead the powers that be have acted like the Rangers from the bygone days. See, I told you they were the same club.

59 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Why didn’t they go for a bluenose journalist, there’s plenty of them, who would bring calmness to such an important role?

Instead the powers that be have acted like the Rangers from the bygone days. See, I told you they were the same club.

Maybe because he was the best man for the job?

That article was all about “look at me” . The more they go on the more happy we’ve said :tongue: to the haters!

3 hours ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

I was and remain of the opinion that more should have been done to keep the club in the Premier League in 2012; not that they didn’t deserve what happened to them per se, but 

and the end of that pile of shite,you can take yourself to the Erskine Bridge with your pockets full of bricks and chuck yersel in ya Rangers hating bastard.

6 hours ago, jintybear said:

Maybe because he was the best man for the job?

That article was all about “look at me” . The more they go on the more happy we’ve said :tongue: to the haters!

6 hours ago, backup said:

Is that the measure of his journalism, writing nonsense.

3 hours ago, scottyscott1963 said:

and the end of that pile of shite,you can take yourself to the Erskine Bridge with your pockets full of bricks and chuck yersel in ya Rangers hating bastard.

1 hour ago, Bobby Hume said:

FFS ...... really!

That line alone says it all about the position this clown occupies in the food chain.

🇬🇧

Nothing like shooting the messenger 😁

7 hours ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Jim Traynor's Loyalist replacement is a PR disaster for Rangers

By Neil Cameron

Rangers are not a new club. They didn’t die in 2012. I’ve never believed that or written anything close to it.

Those who spend their life banging on about Sevco need to find a hobby. Or a friend. Those who believe a football club’s identity exists on deeds, who the owner happens to be or all that boring stuff usually aren’t that into football.

Despite me being “wan of them” I have never been intimidated or antagonised by any Rangers fan, have always felt welcome at Ibrox and – you can Google it – this column more than once asked those whose noses aren’t blue to stop their prejudice, or at least re-evaluate what they believe the average Bear to be.

The anti-Catholic signing policy was lifted 31 years ago. Rangers are still seen as a Protestant club – and I’ve no real issue with that and neither should anyone else – but I’ve seen for myself a significant cultural change within the support.

For every “FTP” mouth-breather, there are 20 who don’t want anything to do with that. Nor do they care what school a player went to. All they are interested in is whether they can do it on the pitch. Lorenzo Amoruso was captain. Rino Gattuso remains a cult hero.

celtic fan Neil McCann got roundly cheered as he helped Rangers to two trebles and a double. The most popular player at Ibrox right now is Alfredo Morelos. Nacho Novo will probably get a statue one day. All “left footers”.

Sectarianism remains an issue because of the club’s history and because within the Rangers support remain people with King Billy tattoos. William of Orange had the political backing and private financial support of Pope Innocent XI – the Mo Johnston of his day. That never gets a mention in any song…

And because at every game anthems are belted out with blatant sectarian messages across an increasingly secular Scotland.

I’ve always been a defender if not a supporter of Rangers. I’ve met so many good people at that club. Most of my mates are Rangers fans. I was and remain of the opinion that more should have been done to keep the club in the Premier League in 2012; not that they didn’t deserve what happened to them per se, but the impact on the other clubs and our game as a whole was hugely negative.

To quote the great Kevin Bridges: “We had a two-horse league and we’ve lost a horse.”

But then they go and appoint DUP councillor David Graham who is a “worshipful master” of the Orange Order to be the face of the club.

No club is without sin when it comes to making appointments. Dundee had Giovanni de Stefano on their board – a jailbird, friend of terrorists and Saddam Hussein’s lawyer.

Vladimir Romanov was for years a popular owner of Hearts. Hibernian almost went to the wall under the, cough, leadership of chairman David Duff – a man with a perfect surname.

And as for celtic, where to begin? Well, let’s start with John Reid as chairman, a man who is “at ease with his conscience” about when, as a Labour government minister, he supported the war in Iraq.

But we are talking about Rangers here and the appointment of Graham is, in my view, a bad call.

Why, when Rangers are supposedly doing their best to show themselves to be an inclusive club, have they given a job to a member of a Northern Ireland political party with links to many Unionist paramilitary groups that continue to haunt them.

The DUP is ostensibly anti-homosexual, has a pro-creationist faction within the party and aren’t keen on women having control of their own bodies. I had to check the calendar there to make sure this was the 21st century.

Speaking to Good Morning Ulster yesterday about his new role, Graham said: “The future includes everyone, irrespective of sexual orientation, religious background or cultural affiliation.”

His membership of the Orange Order is not illegal. Indeed, who am I or anyone to tell another person what to do in their spare time. But while the OO says it isn’t anti-Catholic, it wouldn’t be outrageous to suggest they aren’t overly keen on them.

Is this really the type of person Rangers need right now? Graham will replace Jim Traynor, a controversial figure who happened to be my boss for the best part of 10 years.

He gave me a job at the country’s biggest selling newspaper at that time and made me, at just 27, one of the best paid members of my extended family.

With him as my gaffer, I was sent all over the worldto watch football and golf. I got to write columns with Ally McCoist and Jim McLean. I was given a freer role than most on the desk, at least for a time, a period in which I had my best times in journalism.

In so many ways I owe him a lot but I’ve never felt that. I don’t like the man. Anyway, it’s good that he’s going, it’s just that his successor shouldn’t be a DUP and Orange Order member.

Spoken like a true prick that knows nothing about The OO except the propaganda that has been hammered into him by true sectarian bigots since the day he was born. 
If a fraction of these folk actually made an effort to find out just what the OO is they might actually improve their intelligence. 

Archived