Rangers Statement

eskbankloyal

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, eejay the dj said:

I would love us to follow up today's decision from Uefa with another statement . :happy:

I feel we should be like Boris and Nippy (boo hissss) and have daily 'statements', and mention 'integrity of sport' in every single one.  :mutley:

A wee disclaimer: I am not really thinking this should happen but posting it as means of banter with eeJay. :happy:

A solid statement but I’m stunned it’s even required.

If the PFA haven’t changed their stance then why does anyone believe that the season will be finished? It’s not happening. The footballers aren’t playing. End of discussion. Any effort by the SPFL/SFA to force this through is fucking abhorrently irresponsible.

They might be footballers but they’re human beings like all of us. Why should they put themselves at risk for some make-shift desperate “finish” to the season? It’s ludicrous.

If one - just one - Premiership player gets the virus or shows symptoms after being with his squad, then the entire team goes into isolation for 7 days if not a fortnight. And what if that’s discovered after that squad has played against another team? The players, and likely the staff, of that opposing team also have to go into isolation. And the refs. And the staff at the ground. And the fucking bus driver.

The government have made their stance clear on mass gatherings, with the closure of schools soon to follow, but it’s perfectly safe for 30-40+ people to get together for a football match in a closed door training complex? Sweating everywhere, spitting everywhere, potentially breaking skin and bearing blood? Don’t be fucking daft.

This isn’t even considering a nationwide lockdown being enforced, which looks increasingly more likely.

The economy is almost certainly heading for a recession. Our NHS is already beginning to get overwhelmed. People are dying, and thousands more are certain to follow.

Rangers are ethically obliged to challenge this.

1 hour ago, eejay the dj said:

I would love us to follow up today's decision from Uefa with another statement . :happy:

Due to the insurmountable fixture list it’s now obvious that the league can’t be completed and due to that the rules we all adhere too will be breached hence the only outcome can be that the leagues void. 
All of Scottish football must now put full focus onto any teams that’ll be seriously affected because of this crisis. Rangers would be supportive of putting the monetary prizes that now can’t go for league positions into a fund to ensure these teams can continue and compete again next season. 

Obviously they can word it better but something on that lines is what I’d like to see.

2 minutes ago, Howsitgoing said:

Due to the insurmountable fixture list it’s now obvious that the league can’t be completed and due to that the rules we all adhere too will be breached hence the only outcome can be that the leagues void. 
All of Scottish football must now put full focus onto any teams that’ll be seriously affected because of this crisis. Rangers would be supportive of putting the monetary prizes that now can’t go for league positions into a fund to ensure these teams can continue and compete again next season. 

Obviously they can word it better but something on that lines is what I’d like to see.

Belter mate 👏👏👏

43 minutes ago, Essandoh said:

A solid statement but I’m stunned it’s even required.

If the PFA haven’t changed their stance then why does anyone believe that the season will be finished? It’s not happening. The footballers aren’t playing. End of discussion. Any effort by the SPFL/SFA to force this through is fucking abhorrently irresponsible.

They might be footballers but they’re human beings like all of us. Why should they put themselves at risk for some make-shift desperate “finish” to the season? It’s ludicrous.

If one - just one - Premiership player gets the virus or shows symptoms after being with his squad, then the entire team goes into isolation for 7 days if not a fortnight. And what if that’s discovered after that squad has played against another team? The players, and likely the staff, of that opposing team also have to go into isolation. And the refs. And the staff at the ground. And the fucking bus driver.

The government have made their stance clear on mass gatherings, with the closure of schools soon to follow, but it’s perfectly safe for 30-40+ people to get together for a football match in a closed door training complex? Sweating everywhere, spitting everywhere, potentially breaking skin and bearing blood? Don’t be fucking daft.

This isn’t even considering a nationwide lockdown being enforced, which looks increasingly more likely.

The economy is almost certainly heading for a recession. Our NHS is already beginning to get overwhelmed. People are dying, and thousands more are certain to follow.

Rangers are ethically obliged to challenge this.

It's already happened https://www.rangersnews.uk/news/scottish-premiership-player-self-isolating-amid-coronavirus-fears/

3 hours ago, Bears r us said:

I feel we should be like Boris and Nippy (boo hissss) and have daily 'statements', and mention 'integrity of sport' in every single one.  :mutley:

A wee disclaimer: I am not really thinking this should happen but posting it as means of banter with eeJay. :happy:

I think you have something there mate 😄I totally agree with you 👍😀

3 hours ago, Howsitgoing said:

That’s very good IMO .Good shout 

21 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

I think you have something there mate 😄I totally agree with you 👍😀

Oh the banter, the SFA think they can play the Scottish Cup games as well in the summer. :lol:

Bloody nutters this will never be gone to the extent that games will be played then IMO.

Archived